Knight Rider movie update...

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

scottab21
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider movie update...

Post by scottab21 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:22 pm

This little story over at Aintitcoolnews.com, just might clear some things up about some of the current stories about the ongoing developement issues on the movie...click on the link>>>

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30145

Let me know what ya think about it.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:31 pm

I don't know... I take everything with a grain of salt until I see it or at least an official trailer. But if this is true, they'll RUIN Knight Rider. Camaro? Please. That would do for Smokey and the Bandit, but not for Knight Rider. Wrong style.

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:38 pm

Totally, whole heartedly, positively agree.

Definitely no Camaros. If it's not a Trans Am, forget it.
:kittspin:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:12 pm

I agree with Fuzzie Dice on the part of taking it with a grain of salt, and I'm not sure whether that story is true or not.
I'd rather not believe that kind of thing until further notice.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:57 am

I hope it's not all entirely true either, and not because of the Camaro supposedly being considered. I'll be extremely disappointed if this thing turns out to be a remake of "Knight Of the Phoenix." We've had an absurd amount of remakes over the years, all because Hollywood either can't come up with new ideas or are just taking the lazy way out. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER REMAKE! Geez, come up with an original plot and script!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:37 am

I hate to even think about it, or even consider it, but the possibility of them doing a remake is very likely in my opinion. Just look at what we know as of now... We know that Glen Larson has sold/given rights over to the Weinstein Company to do the movie, which in turn means that they, the "Execs." will have a say in what kind of movie they are going to make. In hollywood as you all know, it's all about the money, so you know what THAT means...also the fact that there are more and more reports coming out that David Hasselhoff is NOT going to be in the movie or have ANY input/influence in it. Which I think is a BIG mistake, given his love for the franchise and what it did for his career. As much as I would love to look forward to this movie, the closer it gets to actually getting made, the more disappointing it feels...

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:59 pm

HOPEFULLY THE VEHICLE TO BECOME KITT HAD BETTER BE AREO- DYNAMIC & AT THE VERY LEAST,SOMETHING WITH A GOOD SHAPE NOT A BRICK WITH WHEELS .....IN THE MOVIE.

I POSTED BEFORE THAT THE K.I.F.T WAS ALSO USED A S A POLICE CAR IN A (VERY CHEESEY-KID SAVVY )POWER RANGERS EPISODE...AND AFTER SCREENING TOO MANY EPISODES OF K.R. ( WITH 1 EXCEPTION)

IF YOU WATCH CAREFULLY,YOU CAN SEE GAPS OF DAYLIGHT IN BOTH CHASSIS,BODY PANELS OF KITT DURING VARIOUS SHOTS and STUNTS and LEAPS,DRIVE-OVERS (UP RAMPS INTO THE SEMI,etc ).....

Hey if anyone wants to see a cinema classic that is a so/so stinker,go and rent "black moon rising"....there is a watershed mark for car stunts in cinema aside from the fast/furious...( "last of the infuriating" ) and of course the original "Cannonball Run"- Dukes of Hazzard filick aside-yeh their working on a sequel to that stinker....! ( d.o.h.2 )
YEEEEEEEEEE-UCK
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:15 am

mmm
allways loved knight rider

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:57 am

They wouldn't continue a series in a film because the new generation that haven't seen the original series wouldn't understand.

So it's only likely they WOULD remake the pilot.

I knew they would all along and still do.