Knight Rider Crossovers

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Modo
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Crossovers

Post by Modo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 pm

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while but I've been a busy beaver in regards to writing.

I have written KR fan-fiction before and I think I did an Ok job on it. You can find 7 KR fan-fics that I've uploaded on Deviant art.

Onto to the subject at hand; what Knight Rider crossovers have you done?

The Fan-fic series I am currently is called Knight Rider Special. I had originally written the first story as a one-off; thinking that it would just be something to try my hand at.

The story goes like this; Michael takes over Devon's position in FLAG and looks for someone to take over his role as KITT's partner. He chooses a 24 year old British man named Modo Jeda to take his place.

Modo had been a FLAG agent for a few years since graduating from the FLAG academy in Nevada. He was joining the Foundation anyway, but was given an even bigger reason to join after the loss of his Girlfriend Mara Hayfield in 2000.

He was going to propose to her on a night in Chicago at a waterfront Restaurant; a gunman had come in looking to shoot the place up, she had been shot and she died never knowing that he was going to pop the question.

Five years later; he got the call he was waiting for; he became KITT's. partner and they became a force to be reckoned with the new age of outlaws who operated above the law.

Now this is the bit that some of you raise an eyebrow at first at what the KRS series is about; it includes the characters from the second Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon made by DiC which most fans refer to as 'SatAm'.

I had toyed with doing a Sonic crossover with my KR fan-fiction for a while, but it was deciding what continuity to do it with. SU was not good enough, Sonic X was too kiddified beyond recognition, Adventures of was too comedic, I know KR had comedy, but not every single minute. I chose SatAm as it had the maturest tone out of all them and it was dark to a degree that would compliment my KR fan-fics in my opinion.

KITT gets transported to their world and gets caught in a conflict with their enemy and chooses to help them. Not too long later; Modo gets sent there and joins the cause as well.

The first story introduces both continuities to both sets of fans. The Sonic fans get to know what KR is about whilst at the same time bringing in the feel of the Sonic show without comprimising the concept of Knight Rider.

The first story entitled 'Knight of the Stars' had been so well done that I chose to write a sequel that was entitled oddly enough 'Knight of the Stars 2'. In this one; Sonic's enemy travels to Earth to get his revenge on Modo and KITT. Sonic and co. travel to Earth to find and help their new friends. This is where the rest of the KR cast meet the SatAm cast.

I created two new characters for my fan-fics. One being Maria Lakeman; a 26 year old blonde cybernetic mechanic that had been influenced by Bonnie Barstow and a new Knight car named D.E.L.I.A. she is the Devine Elegant Logical Intelligent Automobile; a 2005 red ford mustang with a very charming female personality.

And because I like having old favourites return; I chose to bring KARR back. The only difference in as his appearance goes is that he has a red trim around his body and not the silver trim he had in Season Three.
This instalment is the only time where I had KITT have a rebuild.

The functions and look I had for KITT is pretty much what he had in season two, but obviously done up a little for the 21st century, like having Internet access for one thing; built in DVD-rom drive, music hard-drive and for a while, a built-in Xbox under the dash but this got taken out when KARR nearly destroyed in KRS 2.

For the rebuild of his dash (this can be found on deviant art too); I had 2 LCD screen monitors in place of the old CRT monitors that are touch screen enabled and the speed, auto, normal mode buttons from top to bottom to the left of the first monitor.

The one thing I chose not to include in the story was SPM; I dunno why, I just didn't think it suited my story, and I didn't have the Knight Rider 2000 story in place either. KR 2000 was alright, but it was nowhere near as good as the series. That; and I wanted to stay true to KITT's proper form; an '82 Trans Am. The Pontiac Banshee was a mistake in my view.

KITT and Modo have a similar comaradary (I think I spelt that right) that he and Michael have; only that Mo is somewhat more patient with him and has a music taste that he can tolerate more easily. Plus; the two share a love of movies; KITT's favourite being Catch me if you can.

There is a third and fourth story on DA as well with a fifth story nearing completion, but I think I have said more than enough for now. If you wish to view these stories on DA; just type either Knight Rider or Knight Rider Special in it's search engine.

Anyway, thank you for your time.