Knight RIder Event at Saugus Sppedway

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight1
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight RIder Event at Saugus Sppedway

Post by knight1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:29 am

Not sure if Dave Dogget posted this event here yet or not, so take this as a reminder. If anyone interested in seeing 10 REPLICA KITT cars on display this is for you. The event is at the Saugus Speedway on September 9th. Show Starting at 5pm located in Santa Clarita California. 10 KITT replica cars will be on display in the entrance of the Car show. For more info please click on this link, Ill see you all there. Jacob Wyatt
hey Mark P. are you going to go?
http://www.knightridersite.com/events.htm

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:49 am

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:23 pm

did anyone go? if so how was it?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:26 pm

I went.

There were a half-dozen replicas on display, including one of the earliest on-screen cars from the show, with a complete dash. It looked really good. Rebecca Holden showed up and posed for countless photos with people, and Don Peake came as well.

There were a few surprise visits as well: one of the stunt drivers from Knight Rider was there to see the main car show and didn't even know there would be replicas there. He was an in-car body double for Hasselhoff, and although it's 25 years later (big anniversary coming up!) you could sort of tell how he'd fit "the look".

I only spoke with him briefly but one of Hasselhoff's assistants or something was there for the car show as well. It wasn't someone I had met before, a male.

The replicas were outside of the main track area, and I think that was a good thing. There was a constant stream of people coming through the entrance passing the cars, and most seemed excited to see KITT. (or KITTs).

Congratulations to Dave Dogget and Knights of the West Coast for putting together the first of what looks like may be an annual event.

Some of my photos:
http://www.knightridermovie.com/saugus/

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:53 pm

Hey Mike,

Great pics. Did you get any info on that screen used car? Any idea what episodes it was in? Also, did Rebecca have any interesting stories to tell? I might just have to make a point to come to the event next year.

Joe

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:23 pm

From what I heard on the other 2 KR boards that the car was one of the 2 that was used in the pilot episode

Mustang61777
Volunteer

Saugus Speedway with Rebecca Holden

Post by Mustang61777 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:34 pm

Hey guys:

Man, what a day I had. I have not seen Kitt since he was at Universal. Got to Saugus around 6 or so and there was a bunch of people there. First thing I went to was to see Kitt of course. There was I believe 8 cars but the best one was the original car that was in the show (Season 1 thru 3). I can't remember his name but he was such a nice guy. He took the time and answered everybody's questions and how he got the car and that he's been working on it for 8 years. This car was actually in an auction and when he won it, there were rats inside the car. The car was in bad condition but my friend here fixed up very nicely. I came back later and couldn't believe who I saw. It was Rebecca Holden in the flesh. I was having goose bumps. I finally got to take a picture with her. She was the nicest lady and answered all my questions about the show. What topped it, is when the stunt driver (can't remember his name) came by and said that he was the stunt driver that did all those tricks in the series. From turbo boost to ski mode. My jaw just dropped and had to ask a bunch of questions myself. He even told us on how "Kitt drove by himself". How he wore special gloves and some type of scope to see. He even gave us a demonstration on how everything worked. He even told us that he is working on the Transformer movie coming out next year. All in all, it was a great night. I was even waiting for "The Hoff" to make a special appreance but you can only dream. I'll have more pictures and video coming up soon but for now, enjoy..

The owner of this Kitt is wearing the black shirt and the guy that wearing a palms shirt is the stunt driver.

Another picture with Rebecca Holden and company.

My favorite pic, me and Rebecca. She still looks good.

Proof that this car is truly one of the original cars from the show.

The inside of Kitt

The Trunk of Kitt

RerunKR
Volunteer

Post by RerunKR » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:09 pm

Hi KR fans. I was so sorry to not be able to make it to the Saugus event. Dave Doggett had invited me, but unfortunately, Sept. 9th was my birthday and it would have been very difficult getting up to Saugus and back to LA in time for a party that my family was having for me. Maybe next time.

Regards to all. Stu Phillips

David
Rookie

Post by David » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:40 pm

Registered 1984 - guess that makes it a Season 3/4 screen-used car (which unfortunately means the guy who restored it put the wrong dash in!)

Still looks good though!

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:41 am

Looks to me like it says "Registration Expires", which would mean it's the correct dash.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:43 am

...also, Season 2 -dash vehicles were still being used for long shots, and many can be spotted throughout Seasons 3 and 4. A couple of examples that spring to mind:

Circus Knights: When K.I.T.T. auto drives past camera chasing Bombo at the climax.

Deadly Knightshade: When Michael and K.I.T.T. chase Templeton into the alley, after Henderson's murder.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David
Rookie

Post by David » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:13 am

Looks to me like it says "Registration Expires", which would mean it's the correct dash.
The document was issued on August 17, 1984
There's also a bit that says Date First Sold, also 1984 it seems.

Do you have to re-register your car every year in the States?

I'll admit that I'm very skeptical that this is one of the cars used in the pilot... but I kind of hope it is. It would be cool to think that one of the first two third gen trans ams is still aorund!

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:32 pm

We think it is a Universal Pedigreed car.

But not the Pilot car. Nor a hero car as the dash overlays are extremely reminiscent of the cars that went out on the World of Wheels / Autorama circuit. That meaning incorrect.

The nose and interior parts are definitely authentic and we think it is the car that was featured over on the knightfoundation.net that Rob Louisell brought to our attention a while back...

At that time it had no buttons on the pods...

Looks like the owner has done some additional work sense then...

Someone on our board pointed out that the title VIN points to the fact that it is the 27000th firebird off the assembly line, so no way that car could be the pilot vehicle....