Knight Rider Series Poll

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Series Poll

Watched Knight Rider from the start.
69%
Only watched Knight Rider as re-runs.
24%
Started watching long after the series had started to air.
7%

Total votes: 29

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Series Poll

Post by Stargazer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:41 am

I watched Knight Rider when it first came out.

For those that only watched KR as re-runs.....list reasons why. Too young, didn't get into the KR groove until much later, etc.....

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:38 am

I was like 1 and a half -years-old when the Knight Rider Pilot Episode came out. And I was 4-years-old when the final episode was aired. I don't remember anything when I was 4, but I do remember watching Knight Rider re-runs from about 1987 to around 1990 when they completely took KR re-runs off the air on my local TV stations.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:45 am

I was watching the first Hungarian airing, starting in 1992, from Trust doesn't Rust, which was Ep#2 because of the mixed airing of episodes. From that on, I watched 3 series re-runs and started the fourth...

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:57 am

I remember watching it from the beginning. I was a young teen at the time of it's release. I also remember not being able to watch some of the episodes because I got into trouble somehow and that was my punishment back then (No TV). But I am glad I can catch all the episodes now on DVD. :)
One man CAN make a difference Michael.
"I raised him(KITT) from a little ass" - "Ice Bandits"

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:39 am

I basically started comprehending what KR was when it was at age 5 or 6, and that would be 84/85 so the 3rd season. Thats why I am partial to the 3/4 season dash. However, from that point, I watched it in reruns constantly, to this day when its on..thank god for the DVD's!!
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."

sidemachine
Volunteer

From the Beginning...........

Post by sidemachine » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:04 am

Interesting poll.

I remember watching Knight Rider from the premiere (sp?) of the pilot episode. I loved the series from the start. I even remember when April replaced Bonnie.

However, I think I trailed off in my viewing dedication. I don't want to hurt any feelings or ruffle any feathers here but, to be honest, I wasn't too happy about the "tricked out" alterations that were made later in the series. For me, at least, it was all a bit too much.

Still, I plan to buy ALL 4 of the seasons on DVD because I am, to a degree, a completist. [I wonder if that statement is a contradiction...]

I wasn't religious about watching every single episode during the original run of the series. With the DVDs in hand, however, I will be able to make up for that. Thank the (DVD) makers.

Best wishes,
sidemachine

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:26 am

you will find with the DVD's, now that your older. just how much stock footage there was. i like seeing all the inconsistancies of the show. its so funny. classic.
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:15 pm

I was born in 1983 so I must have watched the re-runs. I remember watching it when I was young, I'd be interested if anyone knew the uk air dates though.

K.I.T.T UK
Recruit

Post by K.I.T.T UK » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:49 pm

i was born in 1981 so ive only watched the re runs but i can just about remember when it was on telly
im warning you devon im going to put this thing to the test

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:14 pm

I've watched in every since the pilot came on because my dad wanted to see it. Sometimes it was on past my bed time but I'd get to see it anyway because I wanted to. Some shows were that important in the house. :) I had seen every episode and was upset when we tuned in one time it was to be on and it wasn't. Looking in the TV guide we saw it wasn't to be on anymore. I don't think they even did re-runs. They then went to TKR but that one I didn't like, I don't think I saw maybe the first episode if that. My dad didn't care for it either. He was already into Airwolf and stuff which I didn't like. I think he watched Baywatch a lot too. I watched a few episodes but not much. By then I kinda got away from TV and had more important priorities in life.

We did see the KR2000 movie when it first aired too. I remember being a little disappointed at the time though as KITT never was a black Trans Am we had always loved. But now that I have the DVDs, I got to liking the movie. Because at least if I want to see KITT in his original form, I can see one of the earlier episodes.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:16 pm

I vaguely remember watching then show when I was about 3, but by then it was already in reruns. I didn't seriously get into the show until about 94/95 when USA started rerunning KR again here in the US.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:42 pm

I was born in '82.. so I was far to young to watch tv.. and then when I could understand tv, most I remember was watching Seseme Street and old cartoons.

But sometime when I was in middleschool, the mid-90's, I got a tv in my room and had hacked together an antenna system. I dunno why, but I was flipping channels (a whole 12 of them that came in) at 3am one summer.. and came across a tv show who's theme song poked at a memory. I don't know why I knew the theme song, so I kept watching... and loved it. So then, every night I would try to stay up till 3am, weeding through 3's Company and the Andy Griffith Show that came on before KR. Durring the school year, I used my brother's VCR to record them to watch when I got home.

Several years later in Highschool I got my own VCR and could finaly tape them. However the WB had stopped showing them at night! A year later, another local channel picked it up along with the A-team.. we had cable all through the house by then, but that one station came through constantly fuzzy. I still recorded and watched them though.

Last year, my roommate never knew what the show was, so didn't understand why I liked it so much. So I showed her a few choice episodes I had on my computer. And despite all the cheese, she liked it.

Jobi Wan Kenobi
Volunteer

Post by Jobi Wan Kenobi » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:33 pm

I was around 11 or 12 when KR first aired. I can remember how excited I as by the first teasers they showed. The first commercials (before the show first aired) were of Michael Knight standing in the desert, saying something to the effect of, "Look out General Lee, there's a new car in town".

JLC31383
Volunteer

Post by JLC31383 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:18 pm

Knight Rider first came on six months before I was alive. And I was only 3 when it got canceled. Unless my dad happened to be watching episodes back then- I don't believe I saw any when it was actually on. I remember catching some reruns in 1987 and 1988. But even back then- I was still too young to keep up with what the show was actually about.

I started to officially watch the show on the Sci-Fi channel three years ago. I really got fascinated into it when I saw the pilot for the first time and actually understood Michael originally being a cop who was betrayed and gunned down, then given a new face from plastic surgery. Never dreamed the driver of K.I.T.T. really had another face and was given a totally new identity. I saw the Knight Rider 2000 movie later that year and got my chance to see Michael in his retirement that he was forced to come out of as well as K.I.T.T. being dismantled and transferred to another car. Even though the show is not as important to me now as it was back then- I am glad to have seen all the episodes and have my own collection of the entire series.

Fenix The Best
Recruit

Post by Fenix The Best » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:41 am

The first time I watched KR was when it was first aired in Polish. It was somewhere around 1995.

And about a year ago during my summer holidays I was trying to find something in TV and guess what I've found. :D
Since that time I started to take a part in Polish KR community. :)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:15 pm

Actually, my brother had watched the show from the start, as he was a computer enthusiast, and he'd gotten me to watch "Knight Rider", so I've been a fan of the show from that point on....
It's fun to watch the episodes of "Knight Rider", as they were originally shown, on DVD, too.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:50 am

I started watching the show last year when I saw the series at the video library and I loved it from then on.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:15 am

Well i was born in 91 so I can't say i watched the first airings :lol: and I'm in the uk, it may have been about 95-96ish when i first saw the UK re-runs and have been a massive fan ever since, yet I only discovered KR forums under a year ago.
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 pm

I remember seeing a 3 page add in TV guide.
I think it said something like...
'Blink and you'll miss the fastest car in the world'
Or something to that effect.
The first page looked like something had just blown by.
The next 2 pages showed a closeup of KITT's dash.
I remember thinking "This is gonna be cool"
I was hooked from the first episode.
I was 15 and I knew what I wanted for my first car.

Darryl

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:43 am

"....Facinating...."
" Silence....we have an intruder... "