Jump in The Ice bandits

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Andela
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Jump in The Ice bandits

Post by Andela » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:50 am

The first Turbo Boost scene in The Ice Bandits is the same as in Diamonds arent a girls best friend :) never noticed that until now. Haha, strange.

octopus7
Volunteer

Post by octopus7 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:31 pm

Funny that! I have also noticed the footage showing KITT exiting the FLAG semi has also been used in quite a few episodes, mainly the one where KITT exits along a country road in a farming area and there are some white silos in the background, that footage has been used in a few of the season 2 and 3 episodes. I guess it was to save costs because of the budget they had to follow.
Check out my 3D artwork
http://octopus7.deviantart.com/

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:46 am

they rehashed alot of footage from the first 2 seasons, especially driving scenes
sometimes in season 3 you see kitt with the 1st season nose etc
--knightman--

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:11 am

The nose changed slightly through the seasons after the second season there were no "light blinds" or whatever they are called and they had only two driving lights.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:48 am

Speaking of budget restraints, I noticed in Season 1 that in several of the episodes they had the same VW Beetle in the background of several shots, either driving down the road or parked. It was white with a black racing stripe. Anyone else notice this? :) I thought it funny, seeing as I would play Punch Bug (A game we play here in the states on trips out in your vehicle having to do with VW Beetles) with my wife while we watched them! :) O.K. call me weird! :)
One man CAN make a difference Michael.
"I raised him(KITT) from a little ass" - "Ice Bandits"

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:00 pm

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 wrote:Speaking of budget restraints, I noticed in Season 1 that in several of the episodes they had the same VW Beetle in the background of several shots, either driving down the road or parked. It was white with a black racing stripe. Anyone else notice this? :) I thought it funny, seeing as I would play Punch Bug (A game we play here in the states on trips out in your vehicle having to do with VW Beetles) with my wife while we watched them! :) O.K. call me weird! :)
Oh yeah, the infamous VW Bug. With the racing stripe, I comsider it a Herbie-wannabe. ;) It was actually in season 2 though, especially in Blind Spot. I swear it must appear in almost every scene in the begining.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Michael Knight 7790
Volunteer

Post by Michael Knight 7790 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:07 pm

There is also an Abundant amount of Mazda RX7s in the First Season.
TurbomanKnight, For the time being.

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:11 am

I don't mind the stock footage of the outside of the car as much as when in certain episodes in season 3/4, when the car is doing a stunt, they use an old 1/2nd season car, and its noticable (at least to us) that the interior is different. Also, there are a few episodes where the stunt car has no KITT dash and just a regular round steering wheel! God that irritates me!! gotta love budget restraints and hollywood!!

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:26 am

I knew it was either season 1 or 2. But I thought it was kinda strange to have that same VW in several episodes. But still interesting nevertheless! :) Yes, I also noticed that in that one episode that it was kinda overkill there in the beginning, or that car is as fast as KITT! Sure gets around don't it???!!! :)
One man CAN make a difference Michael.
"I raised him(KITT) from a little ass" - "Ice Bandits"

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:23 pm

I noticed that Vw Hundreds of times in Blind Spot..I was gutting myself..I found it so funny.
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"