Peter Cullen to Voice Optimus Prime in new Transformers Mov.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Peter Cullen to Voice Optimus Prime in new Transformers Mov.

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:05 am

Peter Cullen (the voice of KARR from "Trust Doesn't Rust") will be voicing Optimus Prime in the new Transformers movie due out next year. Cullen was the original voice of Prime in the 80's.

http://cinecon.com/news.php?id=0607242

Joe

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:55 am

Sounds great! :) I never saw the Transformers, myself. Even though I named my PC "Megatron" :twisted: I am hoping just hoping that if they bring KARR into the KR movie, they may ask Peter to do the voice. Glad to see he's still doing character voices.

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:17 pm

That's the best news I've heard about this movie in a while.
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:56 am

It would even be nicer if Peter Cullen was the voice of KARR again for the Knight Rider movie.

Even if not used in a T/A.

Maybe KARR could be placed into a computer network that could take over other computers and vehicles.

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:09 pm

Peter Cullen has done lots of voices. He dose Eeyore on Winne the Pooh. Did the commander in Voltron. He also did Murky Dismal (and other voices) in Rainbow Brite as well.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:14 am

Major Ursa wrote:Peter Cullen has done lots of voices. He dose Eeyore on Winne the Pooh. Did the commander in Voltron. He also did Murky Dismal (and other voices) in Rainbow Brite as well.
Wow - learning something everytime ya turn around

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:51 am

EVERYONE on whinnie the pooh?
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:54 am

I didn't know he played the original Optimus Prime!!
Good to see him making a comeback.

You usually find that people who do voiceovers appear in loads of things that you wouldn't expect them too.
Take Brad Garret (Rays brother Robert from "Everybody Loves Raymond"). He's been in most of the Disney and other animated films voicing someone or other.

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:15 am

Peter Cullen did a great job on K.A.R.R.'s voice in Trust doesn't rust, however, I think the job done by Paul Frees, in K.I.T.T. Vs K.A.R.R. is absoloutly dead on. So menacing. Evil. Unfortunatly he passed away in the late 80's, so his voice wont be used in the new Knight Rider flick. It would be awesome if Cullen reprised his role for the KR Movie... Bit o Trivia..Paul Frees also did the voice of the Haunted Mansion ride in Disney Land/World and I believe the parks abroad...still used to this day. (I just visited there in March..its my favorite ride for that reason!) Hope you enjoyed that bit of trivia!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 am

frank - first welcome to the board. :) I have a friend who's a big Disney freak but didn't watch Knight Rider much. He was surprised when I mentioned Paul Frees did KARR. He then told me about Paul's Haunted Mansion work.

I agree, that Paul did an EXCELLENT version of KARR. The sound of his voice was perfect, combined with the added effects (like hollowing it out, etc.) But I think too it was the writing too, the script. I think Peter Cullen can do just as good with some effects like they did with Paul's voice and then writing a good script for KARR. I too would like to see Peter reprise the role, since Paul isn't around to do so.

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:42 pm

Thanks for the friendly welcome. Your kinda close to me, being in NY and all. Do you have a conversion car? Any other Knight Fanatics up near you with one? We should all meet up near the Palisades mall or something with the Replicas. Would be awesome to get a group going in the tri state area.
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:30 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have a replica, and don't know of any in my area that does. I wanted one, but never can afford it. If I ever do a real replica, it'll be of the black/silver version of KARR. :)

My car project (and daily driver/car I depend on for survival) is a 1987 Pontiac 6000. You can see more of him (his name's Dryden) here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2091419

Click on page 2 as it has a few pictures of him. Page 3 are the stock dash pictures. Sure he's old and well used. But he's dependable, very nice ride, and just overall cool like a nice old pair of jeans. :) I could swear he has a personality all his own (and he's a friendly car). Like a Herbie of sorts. I put some work into him just trying to keep the rust away. It's been too hot to do more on that job though. But this year so far I've taken care of some rather expensive mechanical needs. He's doing quite well. So not having a replica isn't too bad when I have a great car to begin with, one that I love just as much (maybe more) than I would having my own KARR. :)

I have a site dedicated to GM A-Body cars at A-Body.Net and it's quite an active site. Also I'm a member of the Yahoo! 6000 Club (for owners of Pontiac 6000s). They are great cars. Mine has "4-tech" (that's what it says on the air cleaner) 4-cylinder cast iron engine (they call these the Iron Duke or sometimes an L4). Only 2.5L but torquey so he got a great take-off speed. Handles well. And these days with the price of gas, and since I don't go out too much, I only get gas maybe once every 3 - 4 months! Not at all a gas hog! :) I'm sure if I had a KARR, I'd not drive it much either as those V8's really hog up the gas.

I enjoy the car project I have now. I also have model kits of KITT and will do one of KITT and one of KARR. Also I have the original issue KIFT to do. Just haven't had time. I'm a rather advanced modeler myself so I tend to do more than the kits suggest. I did a really awesome '77 Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit (1:25 metal body). LOVE that car! It turned out fantastic! :)

If I was rich, I think I'd finish fixing up Dryden though, and then after that get a donor Trans Am or Firebird with an L4 (they made them - almost bought one earlier this year) and make KARR.

I wish I could win the lottery or something. :P