Anyone get their replacement Season 3 DVDs yet?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:57 am

I watched KITT vs. KARR and Knight of the Drones last night. In Knight of the Drones, after KITT is rebuilt and the scene goes to the Golden Fox Club with two girls dancing on the stage, there STILL is NO music playing! :( But in the other dance scenes with girls on the stage there IS music playing. I dunno why they didn't fill in anything for that particular scene.

Other stuff, I didn't seem to notice anything because I didn't know what all was missing anyway outside of that one scene was the only one I remember.

Anyway, we'll see if they ever get back to me about the condition of the set.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:35 am

Just checked "Junk Yard Dog" - there now IS music with the teaser like there should be.

Joe

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:59 am

Joe Huth wrote:They scratched out the UPC on my box, but here's what I can read of it:

25192 (illegible) 52442

ISBN 1-4170-7 (illegible) (illegible) 7-2

Also the bottom right of the back of the packaging saya 19951, and the spine says 29244.

Can anyone compare these numbers to the DVD set that's missing the SFX?

Joe
I'm putting a post in the main forum asking someone with the original set to help us. Because of this threads title, people who have kept their set will likely not view this post.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:06 am

If anyone can scan a copy of their box(es), new and old, it would be a great help!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:33 am

Here's a scan of the DVD set WITH the added Sound effects:

Joe

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:15 pm

I'm guessing the Bonus episode from Season 4 still has Mono sound as per missing sound effects Discs?

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:40 pm

GR81 says:

Man, did everybodoy get their set with a scratched UPC?
Mine when as deep to scratching the inside mini-cases.

BTW, i emailed them about the damaged replacement set.

Premiere Heroes
Stranger

Post by Premiere Heroes » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:08 pm

My UPC is scratched.

In "Knight o the Drones" the show opener has a sound effect missing on it
At the 7:13 mark when K.I.T.T.'s pedal goes down the lights come on but theres no sound. I checked some of the show opener on the other episodes. The sound is there.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:09 pm

I got a call back from Universal. I called yesterday and they called today. Here's the number (USA only)

(972) 293-5903 8:30 am - 4:30 pm central. Leave message.

This number was also posted here in the forums before in another thread about how to obtain a replacement, so I'm reposting it here.

Anyway, I told them about the damage to the set, and the UPC scratched, and the missing music in Knight of the Drones, etc.

The guy on the phone was very nice. He said they check every disc to be sure it is correctly remastered. He said that he will contact someone (forgot what dept.) and will email me and let me know how they will handle the situation, as he put it. He seemed quite apologetic. I just checked my email before coming in here (this is some time after the call today) and nothing yet. So we'll see what they say in the next few days or so.

But if you do call, you have to leave a message on their machine. Luckily they called me right back within 24 hours.

I'll keep everyone posted on what they say and what they do to correct the problems I had with my set.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:11 pm

I noticed on the scanned box in the post above, if you look at the bottom just to the left of the "Not Rated" block on the right, it says that it contains all original music except for two songs.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:28 pm

FuzzieDice,

I remember it said that on the original set, too.

Joe

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:15 pm

The original Season 3 DVD sets have:

ISBN 1-4170-7377-2
0-25192-92442-2

The phrase: 'all-new digitally remastered complete third season' is there.

The number on the spine is: 29244.

The number on the back of the packaging is: 19243 (which is different).

The most interesting difference that I have spotted is the fact that in the original Season 3 DVDs there are subtitles in English SDH and Espanol. In the new and corrected DVDs there are also subtitles in French.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:44 pm

Joe - Looking at your post, and then sophos' post. I see I do have the actual replacement set. Mine too has the gouge over the UPC symbol.

When I hear back what they will do about the damages, I'll let everyone know.

I may test out a couple more eps tonight, if I'm up to it. I hurt my arm and stuff yesterday so I don't know if I'll work tonight or not. Typing is painful.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:37 pm

In short - is it safe now to order from online retailers such as Amazon?

KivaWolf
Volunteer

Confirmed...

Post by KivaWolf » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:35 am

Well I got my boxset as well but the UPC has been scratched as well.. prolly so I don't try to return it back to the store or something.. Although the sounds are back in there.. Now as for the missing music from the dancing girl scene, it was a song from Prince to which they said that they couldn't get rights to. Although I think as to WHY bother if they have aired it before on TV. Also it ain't the whole song either. I guess they are just afraid of the stupid mafia RIAA..
Only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity. I am not so sure about the former... -Albert Einstein

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:08 am

citizen_x wrote:In short - is it safe now to order from online retailers such as Amazon?
I always use Amazon, but now that Joe Huth and sophos77 (Thanks guys!) have both posted the differences between the 2 sets, I'd rather go into a store and check myself as Amazon or other e-tailers may still have old stock (possibly for months) that they are selling off.

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:58 am

Yes, I agree with you PBH.

It is better to go into a store and have a look, so that you can be sure about it.

Probably, the e-tailers still have the old stock.
I ordered and received my Region 1 DVD from 'www.loaded247.com' (just a few days ago), but it still has the missing sound effects. :(

Hopefully, in Canada (or in the USA), it will be easier for you to find the new/corrected DVD Boxset of Season 3.
I am afraid that in the UK, we have to wait a bit longer in order to sort out the problem. :(

Regards,
Sofoklis

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:40 pm

sophos77 wrote:Yes, I agree with you PBH.

It is better to go into a store and have a look, so that you can be sure about it.

Probably, the e-tailers still have the old stock.
I ordered and received my Region 1 DVD from 'www.loaded247.com' (just a few days ago), but it still has the missing sound effects. :(

Hopefully, in Canada (or in the USA), it will be easier for you to find the new/corrected DVD Boxset of Season 3.
I am afraid that in the UK, we have to wait a bit longer in order to sort out the problem. :(

Regards,
Sofoklis
Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury in Israel. Very few DVD stores keep stock of foreign releases (if any). Therefore I must
rely on the Online retailers such as Amazon.

It sucks, but better than nothing :roll:

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:08 pm

You should try contacting Amazon before ordering and provide them the above-supplied info. Maybe there's something they can do.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:23 pm

PBH is right. However, are the non-US numbers the same? If you're getting the US/Canada version though and your player supports the forumat, that might be the only way to be sure. If it's the non-US/Canada version, you could chance it... hopefully their numbers are the same for those?

DenimDummy
Stranger

Amazon.ca might be getting the good stuff????

Post by DenimDummy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:53 pm

Hey all! Not sure if this is good news, but I was looking at season 3 on the Canadian Amazon ( http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000BUE ... e&n=917972 ), and as of right now, they have it for sale, but say they have only 4 left in stock, then say more on the way in brackets.....
Soooooo, this might mean that they let their original bad stock run out, and the next shipment they get just might be the good copies???

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:05 pm

Hmm... very interesting indeed.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:48 am

FuzzieDice wrote:PBH is right. However, are the non-US numbers the same? If you're getting the US/Canada version though and your player supports the forumat, that might be the only way to be sure. If it's the non-US/Canada version, you could chance it... hopefully their numbers are the same for those?
I'm getting the US version... as I did in the past. But before I'll order, I will send an email to Amazon to make sure the new stock is available (in hope I will get the chance of speaking with a human, not a computer :lol:).

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:54 am

Good luck on that one. :) May also want to ask when they will be replenishing their stock if they don't have the correct version of the set.

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:54 pm

GR81 says:

Well, yesterday, i received my second replacement set after complaining about the damage/scratch outer box and dirty/scratch DVD and i am happy to report i received a PERFECT set.

Outer box in perfect condition and the disc are very very CLEAN. Not even a single mark. I wonder how many set they opened up until they can give me 3 clean dvd'S lol

Overall, i am happy with Universal Customer Service :-)