Anyone get their replacement Season 3 DVDs yet?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Great news! :) I'm still awaiting their E-Mail on what they will do to correct the situation with my set.

EVH5150
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by EVH5150 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:48 pm

DVD Pacific just replied to my e-mail, to tell me that no-one has contacted them about a problem with their Season 3 sets, therefore they will not be contacting Universal about replacements.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:00 pm

No-one has? So they think of you as no-one? YOU contacted them, so that is SOME one that told them. Sounds like they just don't want to be bothered with replacing or recalled stock.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:18 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:No-one has? So they think of you as no-one? YOU contacted them, so that is SOME one that told them. Sounds like they just don't want to be bothered with replacing or recalled stock.
It's exactly what I think. SHAME ON THEM :!: :!: :!:

EVH5150
Volunteer

Post by EVH5150 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:27 am

I have my doubts as to whether ANY retailers are being encouraged to swap the DVD sets for the corrected ones. It seems to me that Universal are trying to keep this issue as quiet as possible.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:01 pm

Has anyone received another package from Universal? I did. I got a envelope in the mail that contained a folded slip-cover box that does NOT have a scratched UPC.

Who else got this? If not, it's coming!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:40 am

Well, they were going to e-mail me what they will do with the situation and they haven't yet. And I haven't heard from them either. Nothing in the mail.

Maybe I'll see what happens mid-month in August, and see if they send a replacement, etc.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:46 pm

Today I got an email from universal that said "We will return your original "Knight Rider," Season 3 package, along with
replacements for the scratched discs."

So basically, they'll just put new disks in my original box? Which btw, also had a corner broken off one of the DVD cases when I got it from Amazon.com. Well, between it all (and they aren't asking for the old one back), I guess I can put one of the DVDs in one of the replacement set's good case.

I don't know what to make of it though. Can anyone verify if your replacement for the replacement was your original package?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:29 pm

Okay, so this is weird.....last week I received my replacement DVD set, complete with UPC scratched out. Well, out of the blue, in the mail today I received a BRAND NEW season 3 box, still folded flat, with the UPC not scratched out! I didn't even email Universal about this. So hopefully everybody will get a new box.

Joe

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:33 pm

I wonder if I shouldn't tell them that I deserve a NEW box since they are sending everyone ELSE new boxes? I mean why are they resending my OLD box to me and not to everyone else? Something seems fishy here. I'm going to e-mail them a reply and find out what is going on.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:18 pm

Update: Universal called. I should get a new boxed set (shrinkwrapped and everything) and NOT a return of my original boxes either tomorrow or Thursday via Fed-Ex. I don't have to return the damaged replacement. I also noted the missing music when the poisoned girl is dancing in Dead of Knight. The guy from Universal said that I should e-mail them after I get the set and review if there is no sound with dancing, etc. I MAY also e-mail about the S4 no episode descriptions or scene thing when you select an episode to play (it just playes the episode, where the other 3 seasons you go to a selection menu that has a description of the episode, play, and scenes to play).

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:04 am

Is the ISBN for the new boxset the same as the original season 3 boxset?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Joe:

I got a box in the mail today as well with the UPC not scrached out.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:32 am

I didn't get mine today. Hopefully will tomorrow. I'll post about it when I get it.

Julius May
Volunteer

Post by Julius May » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:19 pm

Does Amazon offer the replacment KR Season 3 and 4 DVD sets and Is there stereo sound in the 4th season DVD replacments discs
Julius May

Chitown Knight
Volunteer

Post by Chitown Knight » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:47 pm

I got my set via FedEx yesterday afternoon. It was in a heavy duty cardboard box. I opened it, and I was very pleased to see a seemingly pristine set. The outer box was shiny new and shrinkwrapped, and each of the cases and DVDs inside were very clean and shiny. The discs looked almost perfect, barely a scratch on any of them. I was very happy at the time, but when I put Disc 1 into my computer's DVD drive and played "Knight of the Drones", the disc started to skip and then froze at around the time when Michael goes into the Chinese restaurant to ask about the fire. :x I took the disc out and stuck it in my regular DVD player, and at around the same point, the disc skipped to the start of the next chapter after freezing occasionally. This also happened in "The Ice Bandits", around the time when Michael helps the two brothers on the side of the road. I turned the disc over to play "KITT vs. KARR", and it played fine. I haven't tried the other two discs yet, but I'm already pretty pissed that Disc 1 doesn't play properly. Should I e-mail/call Universal and ask for another set? I'm pretty frustrated about this, I was expecting everything to play fine because everything looked to be in such good condition.

Also, someone earlier in this thread mentioned that there's no sound when KITT's gas pedal goes down late in the opening titles of "Knight of the Drones". Upon watching the opening titles myself yesterday, I quickly realized that what you see is the standard Season 3 opening titles, but they used the audio from the original "Drones" opening titles! :roll: If Universal can put the original audio in there, why can't they put in the original video? Another silly mistake there.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:13 pm

Two Fed-Ex trucks were by my building today when I was home. None stopped at my place. I still didn't get the set and I was told I was supposed to have yesterday or today. If I don't get it by Monday, I'll call and let them know.

sidemachine
Volunteer

Sure-Fire Way?

Post by sidemachine » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:58 am

Greetings, fellow Knight Rider fans.

I'm wondering if there is a sure-fire way / a quick, unmistakable way to figure out if a Season 3 DVD set is a defective one as discussed here in this post string. By this, I mean, is there a particular episode or chapter stop I can go to, a particular scene I can go to & check if the DVDs are faulty or not.

I'm hoping to buy a Season 3 DVD soon & am kinda worried 'cause I have a feeling that we may have ONLY gotten defective ones here in Hawai'i. Small market so unlikely we'll get replacements. I'll probably have to end up mailing mine in, too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
sidemachine

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Re: Sure-Fire Way?

Post by PBH » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:12 pm

sidemachine wrote:Greetings, fellow Knight Rider fans.

I'm wondering if there is a sure-fire way / a quick, unmistakable way to figure out if a Season 3 DVD set is a defective one as discussed here in this post string. By this, I mean, is there a particular episode or chapter stop I can go to, a particular scene I can go to & check if the DVDs are faulty or not.

I'm hoping to buy a Season 3 DVD soon & am kinda worried 'cause I have a feeling that we may have ONLY gotten defective ones here in Hawai'i. Small market so unlikely we'll get replacements. I'll probably have to end up mailing mine in, too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
sidemachine
See page 3 of this topic. This was discussed there and some details were added.

sidemachine
Volunteer

Thank You

Post by sidemachine » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:35 pm

PBH,

Thank you for the reply.

I apologize. I went back & reviewed the entire post string. Now I'll know how to check.

Actually, I stopped by a store that sells DVDs today & noticed that the back of their Season 3 box did NOT list French subtitles. I'm going to avoid those. Will keep looking. There are lots of other stores I can check out. Hopefully one of them will have the "corrected" DVD sets.

Best wishes,
sidemachine

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:16 am

I'm doing the same. I keep checking stores with every visit looking for the new stock. I have seasons 1,2 & 4 and am looking forward to completing the set.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

EVH5150
Volunteer

Post by EVH5150 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:01 pm

For those, like me, trying to make sure that they buy only the corrected boxset, I think we need to contact Universal and find out if they plan to recall the boxsets that are still appearing in stores.

My belief is that they will not be recalled, and the corrected boxsets will only begin to appear in stores/online retailers once the original stock has run out.
Brian Elliott is a journalist, and a regular contributor to DVD Reviewer and SLAM! Wrestling .

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:38 pm

Are they even bothering to correct the Region 2 sets?

EVH5150
Volunteer

Post by EVH5150 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:43 pm

They'll ignore the problem hoping that no-one will notice, and then when someone does, they'll ignore it some more.

I'd rather buy the Region 1 anyway, as it is cheaper to import than buy the local release.
Brian Elliott is a journalist, and a regular contributor to DVD Reviewer and SLAM! Wrestling .

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:44 pm

It's a shame they don't care.
People have had problems with the double sided disks, and I can only play Region 2s, so as things stand, I'm not getting a Series 3 set