Anyone get their replacement Season 3 DVDs yet?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Anyone get their replacement Season 3 DVDs yet?

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:14 pm

It's been almost 4 weeks since I sent mine in (they told me in e-mail it'd be 2 - 4 weeks from when I send it back) and I haven't got anything at all. :( I didn't even get an email if they got it, or when they'd ship the new one. Nothing at all.

Anyone get notified if theirs arrived or when they'll ship their replacmenets? Anyone get their replacement yet?

I'm hoping I didn't lose $40 and have to re-purchase Season 3 again. :(

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:18 am

I didnt get mine yet either, FuzzieDice. Nor did I get an acknowledgement that they received it. You aren't alone!

Joe

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:19 am

I hope they go it ok. I also hope I get it by the end of the year and it's better than what I sent in! I had some misgivings about sending mine back but in light of reports that the redone DVD sets weren't in the stores, I decided to take the chance. I'm getting worried now.

Squirrel3D
Rookie

Post by Squirrel3D » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:28 pm

You know I finished watching season 3 recently and I didn't run into any problems. So I must've been one lucky guy to have bought the replacements.
Becuase one man CAN make a difference

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 pm

Nothing here yet!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:44 pm

Im thinking about buying S3 and S4. Do you guys think the dvds would be alright?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:26 pm

I don't know... If the new season 3 DVDs are in the stores yet or not.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:24 am

fuzzie if its anything like the BTTF trilogy dvd foul up. It will be probably 4-6 weeks after they start pressing the new discs with the sound fx back in. You will receive a email saying when the new discs are coming. and the first people who sent in the sets, will be the first ones getting the new ones. that is how it worked when people mailed in the messed up part II and III dvds from the BTTF set.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:38 pm

Well, from the email they gave me, I was told that the replacement sets ARE available and then how to send the old set back, in the same email that said the replacements were already done. So I had thought they already have them ready, and you just send your old ones in for replacement.

If I don't hear anything by the end of this week, I'm going to call or email them next week to find out what's taking longer than the time they stated in the email (2 - 4 weeks from when *I* send in the set).

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:05 am

GR81 says:

I have yet to receive mine etheir :(
I really hope we all get it soon.

BTW, are we suppose to get an email letting us know they received our DVD and that they are sending the replacement?

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:29 am

Squirrel3D wrote:You know I finished watching season 3 recently and I didn't run into any problems. So I must've been one lucky guy to have bought the replacements.

Hi Squirrel3D,

Did you watch all the episodes from Season 3? So, you did not notice any problems with the sound effects?

That's wonderful! I hope to get the corrected DVDs as well! :wink:

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:55 pm

GR81 says:

Well I got my replacement DVD today (I am from Canada) and what sucks is that they send it via a small envelope so the outer box got tears left and right. Also, there is a big knife mark on the UPC code. I guess to mark it as a replacement or something.

Also, what sucks even more are 2 of the disks are scratched or have marks on them. This sucks big time. I send them a nice looking DVD set witch only problem was sound effects and I get garbage back.

I am writing an email to Universal about it.

What were the defects found on the original set??? I check the intro of Knight of the Chameleon and it was ok. What else?

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:42 am

Could you please also check 'Lost Knight'? There also some missing sound effects from this episode.

Many thanks! :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:16 am

I still didn't get mine yet. I hope that the replacement set is in good condition when I get it.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 pm

Reasons such as parcels getting lost in the post, long delays, possibly no returns, damaged returns etc are exactly why I personally wouldn't have botherered.

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:38 am

What errors are reported in season 3? It just came out to buy here in Australia 2 days ago and thus far I am upto disc 2 with no problems.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Chitown Knight
Volunteer

Post by Chitown Knight » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:56 pm

I e-mailed Universal to request a prepaid envelope last Wednesday, July 5th. I got no reply e-mail, so I figured that they probably ignored me, but I received a prepaid envelope from them in the mail today. I'll probably put my set in the mail tomorrow, and then it'll be time to play the waiting game.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:56 am

I wonder if they are going to fix the region2 dvd:s? The scandinavian version is still with unknown releasedate so I don't know when it will be available nor does it have the proper sfx. I'm getting worried if they're going to make scandinavian version at all.
I believe it's time for me to start saving for VHS to DVD burning device...

-KITTfan-

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:05 am

I just watched Knight of the Drones and Lost Knight again on the australian version of the Season 3 DVD's. I couldnt spot any faults at all in KOTD but I noticed only a few sound effects missing in LK. For example, a gun shot without sound, lights flashing on dash with no usual sounds, and when cars are driving there is not much noise at times. Other that those minor things, I dont think I will bother having mine replaced. You can only really hear them if your looking. It wasnt until I read about LK on the forums that I actually noticed it on the DVD
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:38 am

Has anyone emailed Universal to see what the hold up is on receiving the corrected DVDs? If so, did you get a response?

Joe

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:47 pm

I E-mailed them yesterday, detailing when I sent the DVD set, what I included (which they requested), etc. So we'll see if they answer back or not.

Knight-Rider
Rookie

I got mine

Post by Knight-Rider » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:10 am

I got mine and it came wraped up just like I bought it new with no missing upc, and the sound effects have been added. It took 20 days I am pleased.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:19 am

Did they change the packaging in any way that we could tell it is the "new" version and not the old defective version? I sent away for mine on June 10th I believe - havent seen it yet.

Joe

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 am

Joe:

It looked like I bought in the store minus the price tag and nothing on the package saying sound effects added. I sent mine on Jume 30th and I got July 20th. I went through each eposide and the sound effects were added and the title screen comes up. It didn't go to the first show. I have not bought Season 4 yet. Any problems with Season 4? One thing I didn, I didn't drop it in the mail box, I went up to the counter of the post office, I don't know if that made any differance.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Re: I got mine

Post by whet » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:36 am

Knight-Rider wrote:I got mine and it came wraped up just like I bought it new with no missing upc, and the sound effects have been added. It took 20 days I am pleased.
Now if only I could find somewhere to buy a set with the souund effects added that ships to uk.

It don't seem possable somehow :(