Anyone get their replacement Season 3 DVDs yet?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GR81
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by GR81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:14 pm

GR81 says:

Universal finally got back concerning the bad condtions of the replacement set i received....i am happy to learn they will send me a verified set in a hard box. They will check the DVD's before shipping them to insurrance that they are in perfect condition.

Ill let u all know how it goes, but i am glad to see they are taking action.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:04 pm

I'm STILL waiting on my set. I emailed them and didn't hear back yet. I'm thinking of trying to call next week and leave a message. Though I don't know if they really return their calls. We'll have to see.

I miss watching S3! I didn't see it too many times before I had to send it back. I been watching S1,2 and 4 and the movie every so often.

I miss KITT vs. KARR! :(

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:30 am

Knight-Rider:

Have you watched "Knight of the Drones" on your new set? Did they replace the opening credits/theme with the correct one that NBC aired? The NBC version didn't have any shots of KITTs new dash in it, but was a mixture of Season 1/2 dash with season 3 episode clips.

Still havent received my set yet.... :(

Joe

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:59 am

Joe Huth wrote:Knight-Rider:

Have you watched "Knight of the Drones" on your new set? Did they replace the opening credits/theme with the correct one that NBC aired? The NBC version didn't have any shots of KITTs new dash in it, but was a mixture of Season 1/2 dash with season 3 episode clips.

Still havent received my set yet.... :(

Joe
As far as I know, they have not changed the 'opening credits' video of that episode. They have just added the missing sound effects from some episodes.

5 years ago, I bought the VHS release from 'Universal-Playback' in the UK and it includes the 'Knight of Drones' episode. There is not any problem with the sound effects. However, I think that the 'opening credits' video is still the same with the DVD release.

Therefore, it cannot be considered as a mistake and I do not believe that there are any grounds for Universal to replace it.

lostknight
Volunteer

subtitles

Post by lostknight » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:13 am

Can anyone tell me if the season 3 dvd's have subtiles in English Because mine does not have?
Yes I notice that from lost knight episode there is a lot of missing sounds,
But I am not going to replace it because it's hassle for me I am located in Malta.

Thanks

sophos77
Rookie

Re: subtitles

Post by sophos77 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:27 am

lostknight wrote:Can anyone tell me if the season 3 dvd's have subtiles in English Because mine does not have?
Yes I notice that from lost knight episode there is a lot of missing sounds,
But I am not going to replace it because it's hassle for me I am located in Malta.

Thanks
The 'Region 2' release by 'Universal Playback' in the UK does not have subtitles at all :? .
Certainly, it is really very weird and annoying. Season 1 & 2 in DVDs (for region 2) have subtitles. However, 'Universal-Playback' did not bother to put subtitles for Season 3 and I cannot understand why :( .

Only the 'Region 1' of Season 3 release have English and Spanish subtitles.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:02 am

Releasing "Knight of the Drones" with the standard season 3 opening credits is, in fact, a mistake. It was never aired on NBC with that opening, but its own unique opening (like they did with "Knight of the Juggernaut". Sure it's something minor, but it's still a mistake.

Joe

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:39 pm

Joe Huth wrote:Releasing "Knight of the Drones" with the standard season 3 opening credits is, in fact, a mistake. It was never aired on NBC with that opening, but its own unique opening (like they did with "Knight of the Juggernaut". Sure it's something minor, but it's still a mistake.

Joe
Actually, it seems that 'Universal' does not consider that as a mistake. So, I do not believe that they are going to do any changes about it.

This episode was also aired in many countries with the standard 'Season 3' opening credits. For instance, in Greece it was aired for the last time during 1996-97. I have recorded the episode in a tape and I remember that the standard opening credits were used.

It was first aired in Greece in 1980s by a different channel (the national Greek Channel) but I do not remember how it was aired :?. Probably it was aired with the 'unique' NBC opening.

Therefore, this episode has been aired in the TV with various opening credits.

As it seems, 'Universal' considers that the use of standard 'Season 3' opening credits for that episode is not a mistake.

The truth is that in the first episode of Season 4, they have put a unique opening video for the VHS and DVD releases. They could have done the same for 'Knight of the Drones'...but they did not :?.

I anticipate from Universal to fix the problem of sound effects in the DVDs. I do not expect from them to do any changes about the 'opening credits' video, because it is trivial for them.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:00 pm

hey Fuzzie- my (hopefully) replacement dvds came in today, so you should see yours very shortly.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Premiere Heroes
Stranger

Post by Premiere Heroes » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:10 pm

My replacement dvds were delivered today as well. Fedex dropped it off 10 minute ago.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:49 pm

Did everyone's replacement DVDs come via FedEx? Or did anyone get them via the postal service? When did everyone send theirs to Universal originally?

If I get the chance, I'll post the video of the "Drones" original opening so everyone can see what I'm talking about.

Joe

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:58 pm

Not 10 seconds after I posted my last message, FedEx knocked on my door with the dvds!

Anyways, here's a quick report. I checked what was by far the episode lacking the most sound effects - Lost Knight. I am pleased to report that ALL sound effects are back. I also checked a scene in "The Ice Bandits" that had missing SFX...they are back too.

Unfrotunately, the correct opening for "Knight of the Drones" is still missing. Oh well, not a huge deal, just glad the SFX are back.

Joe

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:26 pm

I've only gone up to "halloween knight", but i can confirm all sound effects are in place.

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:05 pm

Sorry Joe, I was working and just got your post. I got mine from Fedex, and glad you got your set. Can anyone tell me if there is anthing wrong with season 4 before I buy it.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:29 pm

I think there's one or two sound effects missing in Season 4 (In Juggernaut and KITTnap I believe) but everything else is okay. I doubt Universal will fix thr season 4 DVDs.

Joe

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:02 pm

I got my DVD set today via Fed-Ex as well.

I had to phone Universal though and leave a message because the box was banged up, the corner of one of the cases broke off, and two of the DVDs were BADLY scratched. :( I don't know if they will even play. Haven't tried. I think I deserved a nice, new package, not one that looks like it was used 1,000 times before I got it. The UPC symbol also has a dug-in scratch on it. :(

After all this, I'm very very upset and disappointed in their handling of the situation. I hope they call me back. They never did reply to my emails when I was wondering if the set would even arrive. I hope they reply about the condition or I'll have to keep calling and emailing.

This is crazy. :(

EVH5150
Volunteer

Re: I got mine

Post by EVH5150 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:12 pm

whet wrote:
Knight-Rider wrote:I got mine and it came wraped up just like I bought it new with no missing upc, and the sound effects have been added. It took 20 days I am pleased.
Now if only I could find somewhere to buy a set with the souund effects added that ships to uk.

It don't seem possable somehow :(
whet, make sure you let all of us know if you can find a place. I'm waiting to buy the set, and won't until I know that I'm getting the corrected version.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:38 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I got my DVD set today via Fed-Ex as well.

I had to phone Universal though and leave a message because the box was banged up, the corner of one of the cases broke off, and two of the DVDs were BADLY scratched. :( I don't know if they will even play. Haven't tried. I think I deserved a nice, new package, not one that looks like it was used 1,000 times before I got it. The UPC symbol also has a dug-in scratch on it. :(

After all this, I'm very very upset and disappointed in their handling of the situation. I hope they call me back. They never did reply to my emails when I was wondering if the set would even arrive. I hope they reply about the condition or I'll have to keep calling and emailing.

Sorry you're having such a hard time with yours- mine came in nice and safe.

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:51 pm

GR81 says:

That is exactly how i received mine...
I contacted Universal about it and they replied to me 10 days later.

They will send me a verified set with no disc strached and insured me they will ship it in a hard box.
FuzzieDice wrote:I got my DVD set today via Fed-Ex as well.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:03 pm

I hope I get just as lucky. Thanks for the info.

Did you email them or call them on the phone? Maybe I should email them as well?

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:20 pm

Tp those who have received the new set. Is there ANY special markings on the box (if one was provided) that would indicate an updated set? Changed UPC, ISBN, ect. I ask for those like myself who have waited for the updated sets before purchasing.

PS - What was that phone number again? I'll likely call up Universal if no one here has an answer.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Not really; is does say "All new digitally remastered' on the back cover,but i don't know if it wasn't on the previous set. They're still using ads for shows released last feburary.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:41 pm

Doh!

Does anyone still have the original Season 3 box that can help us out?
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:17 am

They scratched out the UPC on my box, but here's what I can read of it:

25192 (illegible) 52442

ISBN 1-4170-7 (illegible) (illegible) 7-2

Also the bottom right of the back of the packaging saya 19951, and the spine says 29244.

Can anyone compare these numbers to the DVD set that's missing the SFX?

Joe

Michael Knight 7790
Volunteer

Post by Michael Knight 7790 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:32 am

Man, I wish I would of waited. I won an auction for S3, $32.00 shipped. =(
TurbomanKnight, For the time being.