Framing differences between Region 1 and 2 for Season 3.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sophos77
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Framing differences between Region 1 and 2 for Season 3.

Post by sophos77 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:21 pm

I have noticed that the frame cropping is different between Region 1 and 2 for 'Season 3 DVD boxset'.

In Region 2 discs, I believe that the framing is fine and there is no apparent cropping.

However, in Region 1 discs, the frame has been cropped and there is an obvious difference with the Region 2 release.

As it was noted in previous posts, in the 'Season 4' (Region 1), the frame has been also cropped. So, it will be interesting to see if the framing would be different in the Region 2 release. In 2001-02, 'Universal Playback' released DVD volumes for Region 2 with episodes from 'Season 4', where the frame is fine without any apparent cropping, and the tint colouring is a bit different.

It is very interesting that the cropping on the framing is so obvious for Region 1 on 'Season 3 and 4'. For Region 2, the frame seems fine on 'Season 3' and I look forward to the official Release of Season 4 in the UK.

alexmain_za
Recruit

Post by alexmain_za » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:22 am

The cropping on the season 3 region 1 discs were not that noticable, it is much more noticable on the season 4 region 1 discs. The 'bonus' 4th season episode on the season 3 discs was the most noticable. In South Africa, we are also on region 2, but I got the Region 1 from the States (mainly for the teasers, which is not present on Knight Song and Scent of Roses).

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:11 am

Woah! nobody told me that Season 3 was out on Region 2!! MUST GET!