Antenna

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

IllMatic
Volunteer

Antenna

Post by IllMatic » Mon May 29, 2006 7:38 pm

Did Kitt ever have an Antenna? Ive nvr noticed. I was thinking of buying one of these short stubby antennas. Are they just as good at picking up radio signels just like an avarage antenna?

http://www.carccessory.com/product.asp? ... t_Antenna_
A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the powerless, the helpless...

"Im a friend to thouse who dont have any and an enemy to thouse who make me one"-The Shadow

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by sheltonw3 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:21 pm

well believe it or not kitt had an antenna in the pilot ,but soon after it was removed and the fender was bondo'd over the hole and there is an antenna you can buy from any automotive store that is concealable or even a windshield antenna that sticks along the side that is like a thin wire ,I use a magnetic one myself that is placed under the interior paneling!

but those short stubb antennas?...thats just something some crackhead will breakoff your car for $hits and giggles!....I have heard of many cars that were vandilized and the first thing to go was the antenna!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Mon May 29, 2006 9:22 pm

I'm sure that KITT would need an antenna so that communications can flow.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

IllMatic
Volunteer

Post by IllMatic » Mon May 29, 2006 9:31 pm

sheltonw3 wrote:but those short stubb antennas?...thats just something some crackhead will breakoff your car for $hits and giggles!....I have heard of many cars that were vandilized and the first thing to go was the antenna!
lol crackheads aside are these antennas just as good as generic ones?
A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the powerless, the helpless...

"Im a friend to thouse who dont have any and an enemy to thouse who make me one"-The Shadow

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Mon May 29, 2006 11:48 pm

Major Ursa wrote:I'm sure that KITT would need an antenna so that communications can flow.
K.I.T.T. did have a antenna ,but it was called a signal transponder that was located under the hhod in the blueprints!....it may have been welded to the body of the hood?...

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Mon May 29, 2006 11:51 pm

IllMatic wrote:
sheltonw3 wrote:but those short stubb antennas?...thats just something some crackhead will breakoff your car for $hits and giggles!....I have heard of many cars that were vandilized and the first thing to go was the antenna!
lol crackheads aside are these antennas just as good as generic ones?
Well they must be?, toyota uses them as well as BMW soooo....if they are reliable ,its gotta be good?....all you can do is buy one to try and if they don't work then get your money back!