This movie needs to be a comedy....

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

boogufo
Stranger

This movie needs to be a comedy....

Post by boogufo » Mon May 22, 2006 2:27 am

I know what you guys are thinking, " not another comedy remake!!!!". But try to look at this with an open mind. Michael Knight played by...Will Ferrell, he would be perfect!!!! Make him wear 80's style clothing and keep KITT the same...It is comic gold!!! This would be my dream movie.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon May 22, 2006 6:09 am

A comedy? No, no... The are not to make fun of a TV show legend. I want the movie to be strictly action. Also a bit more serious than the previous series.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Mon May 22, 2006 7:52 am

I loved the comedy part of the show, why mess with a good thing?

mickhq

Post by mickhq » Mon May 22, 2006 8:27 am

Knight Rider was perfect the way it was with David Hassellhoff in series 1.

I HATE the newer series, the car is crap so are the people playing.

I wish they could bring back the original cast.

LoneKnight
Rookie

Re: This movie needs to be a comedy....

Post by LoneKnight » Mon May 22, 2006 10:58 am

boogufo wrote:I know what you guys are thinking, " not another comedy remake!!!!". But try to look at this with an open mind. Michael Knight played by...Will Ferrell, he would be perfect!!!! Make him wear 80's style clothing and keep KITT the same...It is comic gold!!! This would be my dream movie.
And it would be a total bomb.

Will Ferrell has been recently type-casted as a goofy comedian, much like Jim Carrey used to be type-casted after his work on Ace Ventura. I can't stand Will Ferrell anymore, and I wish that he would take a good long break.

Knight Rider does not need an overdose of comedy. The witty and cheeseball hijinks on the show were enough, and that's how it should remain. If we want to make Knight Rider a joke, let's cast some washed up teenage pop-star for Bonnie's role, have Robin Williams voice KITT, and some stupid rapper as RC3.