New Movie = New Game?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Jobi Wan Kenobi
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New Movie = New Game?

Post by Jobi Wan Kenobi » Wed May 10, 2006 6:34 pm

Lots of action movies have game releases as part of the marketing blitz. Wouln't it be great if we get a new game with the Weinstein/Larson movie? Hopefully something better than the Davilex frak-up.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed May 10, 2006 7:27 pm

Maybe. I am still trying to get through the first game...lol.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Wed May 10, 2006 7:58 pm

I hope its made better.

DrifterKnuckles
Recruit

Post by DrifterKnuckles » Fri May 12, 2006 8:32 am

I know, they should take there time and do a really good PS3 game. fallowing the whole story line.
using DVD cut secenes

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sat May 13, 2006 11:33 am

Well it depends what they do with the movie. What if they change the car? what if theres no Hoff? Would you buy it then?
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat May 13, 2006 12:01 pm

J-Knight wrote:Well it depends what they do with the movie. What if they change the car? what if theres no Hoff? Would you buy it then?
Yes! I don't want to hurt anybody, but Knight Rider is not about the Hoff (at least for me). Firstly, Knight Rider is an idea, that with enough courage and with a good background, you can help people who are in big trouble. Second of all, Knight Rider is about Kitt, and no matter in what shape of car he is, he'll be our Kitt as long as he reamins his witty, humorous and courageous self.

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sat May 13, 2006 12:05 pm

Don't worry I don't think you're hurting anybody, everyone is intitled to their own opinion ;)
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon May 15, 2006 11:42 pm

I don't think any 'official' Knight Rider game has had more then two images of the Hoff. Because, KR's action has always revolved arout KITT. (I know that Michael has tons of action scenes...but, let's face it.)

However, if I were to ever build a complete Knight Rider game, I'd have Michael be as important on foot as KITT is to driving. Because, KR isn't just about driving through walls and turbo jumps over innocent cars. But, about the interview/comfort/combat/clue gathering that's done on foot. And, I feel that a game should reflect that aspect, as well.

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Fri May 19, 2006 12:16 pm

With the recent recent releases of movie-to-video games lately, I wouldn't hold my breath for a great game. Batman Begins was way too easy, and slightly dissapointing, and IMO didn't hold up to the original movie. I heard the same with Episode III's version.

What they need to do is, if they should try to pursue a game, is to sign a real game developer. EA would be alright, Rockstar could do them some justice....if they didn't use the driving-based engine like they did in the Driver series, Atari could pull it off (then again, we saw what they did with Matrix Reloaded, so.....).

I dunno. I just don't have much confidence in video game developers making movie-based games anymore.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed May 24, 2006 12:00 pm

And, to think, we "could" have had a KR game with GTA: San Andreas quality graphics and interface, albeit unlicensed, made for free by a fan. Alas, a grand opportunity lost. :(

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed May 24, 2006 12:53 pm

jup wrote:And, to think, we "could" have had a KR game with GTA: San Andreas quality graphics and interface, albeit unlicensed, made for free by a fan. Alas, a grand opportunity lost. :(
Knight Rider is not exactly a cash cow type of franchise like the GTA series of games so that will most likely never happen...but if there was a game based off the movie it would probly rely on making up for possibly bad sales at the theatres...which is in case my point...garbage movie = garbage game...take Hulk for an example if you will.

hey im skeptical...most if not all fans are about this movie but nothing will ever replace the original series...EVER :wink:

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Wed May 24, 2006 7:25 pm

ReddawgKnight wrote:
jup wrote:And, to think, we "could" have had a KR game with GTA: San Andreas quality graphics and interface, albeit unlicensed, made for free by a fan. Alas, a grand opportunity lost. :(
Knight Rider is not exactly a cash cow type of franchise like the GTA series of games so that will most likely never happen...but if there was a game based off the movie it would probly rely on making up for possibly bad sales at the theatres...which is in case my point...garbage movie = garbage game...take Hulk for an example if you will.

hey im skeptical...most if not all fans are about this movie but nothing will ever replace the original series...EVER :wink:
Well put ReddawgKnight!
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Fri May 26, 2006 11:29 pm

I wouldn't mind a game. A game is a game to me. No matter what it is. All that matters is how many hours of game play there is, (like the "24" game. That only took me about a hour and half to beat.)what platform its running on, and if there is on-line play for MP action.....
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

grimreaper_Knight
Volunteer

Post by grimreaper_Knight » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:51 am

Yes, when the motion picture comes out of the Knight Rider hope they come out with a video game and it better be a great one on PC including on all next-generation consoles specially the Wii.

I know this is off-topic but does anybody know possibly what K.I.T.T. would look like as a 2006, 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in the movie.

Or anyone have any skills in making K.I.T.T on the outside of a 2006 Corvette Z06 in a picture of a original maybe a black one if its not so much trouble.