Knight Rider/Santa Barbara Crossover?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider/Santa Barbara Crossover?

Post by Joe Huth » Mon May 01, 2006 8:53 am

This may have been mentioned here before, but it's worth bringing up again in case anyone has access to old tapes of the soap opera "Santa Barbara" (or if it is currently playing anywhere). David Hasselhoff made a guest appearance as Michael Knight in the 32nd episode of this soap opera which aired on 9-11-84. It would be great if we could find the video for this. Here's a clipping relating to it:

If anyone has any idea as to how we could track this video down, let me know!

Joe

P.S. Just noticed this - The clipping says "the now defunct Knight Rider series", but by all accounts, his appearance was in 1984, when KR still had 2 years left. And the girl in that picture was only on Santa Barbara from 1984-85. Hmm...

Spacerat
Volunteer

Post by Spacerat » Mon May 01, 2006 5:20 pm

I remember that episod. David Hasselhoff played himself. "Danny" and "Jade" were in Hollywood and ran into David. He was only in one or two scenes.
The clipping says "now defunct KR series" because it appeared years later, when KR was already cancelled. I think it was in the SB special of one of the sopa magazines when SB was cancelled in 1993.

I missed the episod when it first aired and I didn't tape it when it was repeated years later. I just checked my tapes but I only have episod 20-25. I'll ask one of my friends if she has the episod.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon May 01, 2006 6:54 pm

I didn't see that episode of "Santa Barbara", but I do remember reading about that several times in Soap opera Digest, though, in 1984, and that time in 1986..
I'm glad he did that cameo appearance, though.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue May 02, 2006 4:09 am

Try the Museum of Television & Radio.

http://www.mtr.org/

Worth a shot!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Tue May 02, 2006 8:19 am

David Hasselfhoff would almost be at home doing Santa Barbra. Before he was in Knight Rider, he was Snapper in The Young and the Restless. That soap opra is still going on CBS.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)