The Dam in "Redemption" the same as "Knightma

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Dam in "Redemption" the same as "Knightma

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:43 pm

I was watching "Redemption of a Champion" and the dam that Spider-man got shot on looks like the same dam that Michael lost his memory in season 2 on "Knightmares" without the ladders to climb up and down on. There was nothing in triva over at the KR archive site so wondered if anyone knows if that's the same dam? they reuse the same actors, so I assume they reused the same locations. Thanks!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:18 pm

I guess not. :P
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:33 pm

Ive read that it is

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:51 pm

I was thinking that it was some footage used from the great earthquake scene from Superman the Movie when the Dam was damaged by the earthquake.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

wmarino
Volunteer

Post by wmarino » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:00 am

The dam used in the aforementioned episodes was in fact the same dam. It's called the Sepuleveda Dam and Basin. About a month ago I went down to Universal Studios in LA and talked my girlfriend into making a slight detour since the dam is only about 15 minutes away. Well, we found it and here are some of the pics I was able to take. I would have liked to have gotten closer but maybe next time. They have the place kinda fenced off. Enjoy!

Here is the wikipedia article on Sepulveda Dam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepulveda_Dam

And here is the Dam's "Official Web Site" :D http://www.spl.usace.army.mil/resreg/htdocs/spda.html

And just for the heck of it, my KITT!

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:06 am

Dude, it was totally worth scrolling down the page just to see that pic of your KITT

Sweet!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:06 am

Awesome kitt!! A season 4 one, right?

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:53 pm

looks awesome, outside of the circle steering wheel. :P

wmarino
Volunteer

Post by wmarino » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys! I really appreciate. And yes, Skav, I guess you could call it a season 4 version based on the nose. However, when I do the dash and electronics I plan on doing a season 1/2 version. The exterior is pretty much complete and I'm almost done recovering the interior in Doeskin. All that's left are the seats and that'll be yet another thing to check off my list :D It's been a lot of work and $$$ but I think it's more than worth it. It never gets old driving him.

BTW, if anybody ever has the chance, visit the dam. Even though it is just a dam, it really does look cool....I guess that's why it's featured in so many movies and TV shows. Plus just to know that was where KITT, MK and FRANK POOLE with his grenades were at....well that's just too cool right? I'd post some more pics but photobucket appears to be down. Maybe when it's back up-Scott

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:28 pm

Major Ursa wrote:I was thinking that it was some footage used from the great earthquake scene from Superman the Movie when the Dam was damaged by the earthquake.
The episode that used footage from Superman: The Movie was "Not A Drop to Drink."

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:11 pm

Ah, my favourite Knight Rider location :) It has inspired me for 2 Knightmares drawings:

If I'd have a chance to visit USA, I'd definetely want to tour the Knight Rider filming locations and especially the"Bedford dam" :D I wonder if there really is that door where Michael Knight went inside the dam...

-KITTfan-