Super Pursuit Mode in Conjunction with Other Stuff...

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Industries 3000
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Super Pursuit Mode in Conjunction with Other Stuff...

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:25 am

Would KITT's Super Pursuit Mode have been useful in conjunction with other systems? For example...

If KITT activated Turbo Boost while in SPM, would he have been able to jump higher and/or farther? Would the extended front end have impeded landings, and would that lowered rear bumper thingy have impeded launches? Would the harder landings overwhelm the Passive Laser Restraint System?

Would the pop-out gizmos on the front fenders during SPM prevent KITT from using Ski Mode?

If KITT were in SPM and convertible mode, would Michael's hairdo get a makeover?

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:36 am

It would have been cool to see KITT turbo boost while in SPM and I can only image how far he could have jumped. i don't know if they made any additional replicas of KITT in SPM in fact they probably only had one SPM KITT. That's why they didn't want to wreck with a turbo boost stunt or any other stunt. In any case I think it would have been cool to see KITT turbo boost while in SPM it would have been interesting. :spmgo:

Altimus Prime
Recruit

Post by Altimus Prime » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:06 pm

Here's a few things KITT probably couldn't do:

Open his T-top with the EBS deployed.

Go into SPM from convertible mode.

Go into convertible mode from SPM mode.

They just seemed to try to cram too much stuff onto the car. The convertible was probably just too much. I don't recall it serving any useful purpose. I mean, come on, how shadowy can the flight be when you're wearing a cowboy hat and tooling along the coastline in a rag top???

And you could tell that there were basically three cars - standard, SPM and convertible. One vehicle could not do all those things. The convertible was just impossible - recalling what I read somewhere, the cover appears by magic. And how could the convertible work with all the SPM systems? And shouldn't the seam lines from the SPM been visible on standard KITT?

Suspension of disbelief only goes so far before such questions yank you out of the story.

But I still love KR.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:21 am

SPM mode cost about $450,000.They made about 4 cars.1 was for the zooming down roads 1 for the configuration of the car and I forgot the other 2.If you look closely enough you see the ebs system coming from half of each t top and the left panel cut the gas tank port.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:40 am

You can see the Emergency Braking System seam lines on the actual Super Pursuit Mode car because that was the only fully-functioning feature. All of the other extensions popped out in the non-drivable car with no engine; the drivable SPM car had permanent welded extensions and it cost approximately $250,000, not $450,000. But I would like to know more about the illuminated extensions during the two times SPM was used at night. I'm surprised they didn't use that effect more often, but most of the series always took place during the day anyway.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:23 am

The Foundation probably used the same magic that makes the convertable cover appear to create the mid section for the bikes PLATO and KAT in TKR. ;-)

And if you remember correctly, KITT's tank is behind the license plate, so I guess the normal one is a fake...

Steve

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:29 am

Lost Knight wrote: But I would like to know more about the illuminated extensions during the two times SPM was used at night. I'm surprised they didn't use that effect more often, but most of the series always took place during the day anyway.
That Red Glow coming from the Scoops were bitchen. It Gave the car a more evil look to it. I wish they used it more often.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers