Knight Rider: Season 4 DVD

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KivaWolf
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Imagination!

Post by KivaWolf » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Okay KR is a fictional world so just just bare with me okay?! I mean we still far beyond of even making realistic A.I. that compares to KITT. Come on! There is no need for real life to be interfearing in the KR world! :roll:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity. I am not so sure about the former... -Albert Einstein

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:36 pm

I used to think that most of the stuff from Knight Rider was ridiculous...to be honest, a lot of it is, and there's a lot of nonsense technobabble in the show. However, more and more of the fictional tech KITT used is showing up in real life. Turbojet engines are possible in cars (Chrysler has actually attempted it before, and it works, the main issue is horrible gas mileage). Most of the computer functions KITT had are possible with modern computers and the internet. The things like microjamming are still a bit farfetched...but who knows, it may turn out to be possible eventually. We're pretty far from being able to make a self-aware AI like KITT also, but that will probably eventually happen. Plus I've been reading recently that they are developing spray-on polymer armor. There's another post on the forum here about it, and it's supposedly very effective. It's not quite up to MBS standards, but who's to say that it won't get there?

Julius May
Volunteer

Post by Julius May » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:02 pm

Please contact http://www.tvshowsondvd.com let them know about the KR DVD problems. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/faq/contact.cfm
Julius May

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:08 pm

After watching the 80s flashback on Disc 3, I noticed that the intro clip of KR is actually in Stereo, so for anybody wanting to know the difference in the sound, please watch the special and if you skip 1 chapter after you start it, you end up right at the KR clip, pretty cool...

It's a pretty big difference, in terms of elements of the song... And if Universal had their sh#$ together, they would have used this Stereo clip for the DVD Menu on all of the seasons (minus Baseheart's voice)...

SH

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:35 pm

Hey Spyhunter, I was checking up dolby sound formats yesterday because I wanted to find out about pro-logic 2 a bit more and came across info about Mono 2.0.

Yeah, you are right, it's not stereo at all, just two channels of mono put into the two front speakers to give the room a wider sound field.

Hey, at least that works though. :roll: :D

Julius May
Volunteer

Post by Julius May » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:59 pm

Please contact http://www.tvshowsondvd.com let them know about the KR DVD problems and pass your complaints on to the company that owns the rights to the show and the DVDs. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/faq/contact.cfm
Julius May

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Julius May wrote:Please contact http://www.tvshowsondvd.com let them know about the KR DVD problems and pass your complaints on to the company that owns the rights to the show and the DVDs. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/faq/contact.cfm
That's the second time you've posted it, there is no need to is there?

I was going to get this but hearing all the bad things about it, im not so sure i will now

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:10 pm

I didn't care that the seasons did have problems, I went ahead and got it. KR is my favorite show and always will be so I HAD to have it...hehe. Also I never have seen every single show and if I did when I was little I don't remember it. I was 4 years old when it came on. I used to watch it with my best friend at the time. She was 2 years older than me.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:17 pm

Here's what I have to say about the "Knight Rider" season 4 DVD:
I think it's a good DVD set, and most of the sound effects are intact, and despite two of the teasers not being there, the said two episodes are otherwise intact, thank goodness.
I also saw where KITT was an object of affection temporarily by a blond lady but was then rejected by her in the "Deadly Knightshade" episode, which was the very first time I ever saw that.
Hopefully there will be at least some more positive reviews of the DVD set than mine.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:36 pm

Skav wrote:Hey Spyhunter, I was checking up dolby sound formats yesterday because I wanted to find out about pro-logic 2 a bit more and came across info about Mono 2.0.

Yeah, you are right, it's not stereo at all, just two channels of mono put into the two front speakers to give the room a wider sound field.

Hmm, a wider sound field, seems hard to do with them both being the same sound, anyway I didn't care for Pro-Logic 2 either when they started using it on PS2 games, I believe it knocks out the center channel, or doesn't use it enough...

SH

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:43 pm

I'm just wondering something: I know Garthe Knight was Jennifer Knight's brother and Wilton Knight was her dad, but was Elizabeth Knight her mom?
If not, who was Jennifer Knight's mom?
This is purely a curious question of mine.....

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:47 pm

Lyn wrote:I'm just wondering something: I know Garthe Knight was Jennifer Knight's brother and Wilton Knight was her dad, but was Elizabeth Knight her mom?
If not, who was Jennifer Knight's mom?
This is purely a curious question of mine.....
Yes, Elizabeth is indeed Jennifer's mother. Poor Wilton. His son grew up to become an arch-criminal sent to an African prison. His wife supported his career in crime. And his daughter, while living out a legitamate life, wanted to phase out F.L.A.G. completely.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:15 pm

spyhunter wrote:
Skav wrote:Hey Spyhunter, I was checking up dolby sound formats yesterday because I wanted to find out about pro-logic 2 a bit more and came across info about Mono 2.0.

Hmm, a wider sound field, seems hard to do with them both being the same sound, anyway I didn't care for Pro-Logic 2 either when they started using it on PS2 games, I believe it knocks out the center channel, or doesn't use it enough...

SH
I guess it all comes down to personal preference, I enjoy PL2 and think it utilises the speaker channels well, especially for rear effects.

As for mono 2.0 meant for a wider soundfield, it depends how far you have your front left and right speakers from the centre channel.

You can get a pretty emmersive and wide soundfield if you have them far enough but without jeopardizing it's interaction with the other speakers.