Was there a final Goodbye Episode?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rossy
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Was there a final Goodbye Episode?

Post by Rossy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:25 am

I have all the episodes but wondered why there wasnt a Episode that you seen Michael leave the Foundation and start his Fish farm and say Bye to kitt

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:31 am

Its rumoured that Scent Of Roses was supposed to be the final episode of season 4. But due to unforeseen circumstances they made Voodoo Knight the final episode!

Nick

Rossy
Rookie

Post by Rossy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:37 am

Shame really they didnt do a special ending like all cast together saying goodbye and looking at some best bits ect

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:00 pm

I agree!!! Voodoo Knight had a similar ending to any other episode throughout the series. It seems to me that they decided not to produce any more episodes "after" Voodoo Knight. Normally you decide from the very beginning of the season how many episodes you would like to do, but here, it doesn't seem like it's the case. It would have been nice to see how Michael came up with the decision of leaving the Knight Foundation and how he took a farewell of Kitt. Because in the movie Knight Rider 2000, Kitt appears to be very upset, as if Michael dismantled him or whatever they did to him after the four seasons. Another thing that still bathers me is why the HELL they dismantled Kitt in the first place!? I mean according to Maddock, they needed money to keep the Knight Foundation alive and thus they need to sell of Kitt's parts to gain some credit for their new project and YET when Devon visits Michael, he tells Michael that money is not an issue! "We need your help, that's all!" WELL then why did you dismantle Kitt??? But it doesn't stop here, things get even worse! Just because they can't find the damn chip they decide not to repurchase Kitt's parts and thus they give a damn in rebuilding him! Just because of a chip? What about Kitt's destruction moments in the seasons from the 80's? Kitt got destroyed a number of times in all seasons and Bonnie managed to rebuild him and bring him back to his old state and even better. But now its 2000 and you can't remake a chip for a car? I know that the chip contained all of Kitt's memory, but still, they could make a new one for that cop and replace Kitt's. Is this a coincidence? I wouldn't know...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Rossy
Rookie

Post by Rossy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:06 pm

Did anyone toice the Box of parts containing KITT ?
there was an old steering wheell in the box if ya gonna make a film at least go and find a gullwing steering wheel and sit it in the box

sorry but it would have made me fall into the film a little deeper

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:44 pm

Rossy wrote:Did anyone toice the Box of parts containing KITT ?
there was an old steering wheell in the box if ya gonna make a film at least go and find a gullwing steering wheel and sit it in the box

sorry but it would have made me fall into the film a little deeper
Agreed, a silly oversight

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:47 am

Answer to most of these questions..

"Hollywood magic"

There are unfilmed eps of KR. The scripts were written, but were never filmed. I believe one of the ppl on this forum has a website of ones he's gotten ahold of. Something like KnightArchive.com? I dunno, been too long since I looked.

Back in the early '90s, the steering wheel and other mishaps were something they just didn't really care to fix. Look at all the stock footage in KR from the 80's. They money just really wasn't in the tv industry yet.

But if you watch an ep of CSI or other high profile tv show today, they can afford ppl to watch over the mishaps. And if they happen, go back and digitaly fix the film.

The whole story inconsitancy thing we just hafta chalk it up to alternate universes... or your imagination.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 am

I don't think there was, but there should've been one to properly wrap things up when the original series wrapped production, though...
I didn't know anything about the "Scent of Roses" being rumored to be the real end to "Knight Rider" until I read about it in the knightriderarchive.com website.
In any case, "Knight Rider" was a good show.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:11 pm

Scent of Roses is the true last episode of the series. Hasselhoff and the producers filmed it intending it to be the final episode. However, it turned out at an earlier point in the season, the network wanted a more emotional episode (I believe to compete with another show on another network), so they deliberately chose to air it earlier, instead of the intended place as the last episode. Basically, if you want the "true" order of the series, the way Hasselhoff and the producers wanted it, just move Scent of Roses from its current place in season 4 to the last episode (right after Voo Doo Knight).

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:47 pm

Akaihiryuu wrote:Scent of Roses is the true last episode of the series. Hasselhoff and the producers filmed it intending it to be the final episode. However, it turned out at an earlier point in the season, the network wanted a more emotional episode (I believe to compete with another show on another network), so they deliberately chose to air it earlier, instead of the intended place as the last episode. Basically, if you want the "true" order of the series, the way Hasselhoff and the producers wanted it, just move Scent of Roses from its current place in season 4 to the last episode (right after Voo Doo Knight).
100% correct, that what I do normally and that is how I will do it on 040206!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:28 pm

i dont think they made a goodbye ep wanted to make more but
allways loved knight rider

Altimus Prime
Recruit

Post by Altimus Prime » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:36 pm

Knight Rider simply never had a series finale.

But since I grew up with the series - and just watched the KR2K movie - I know you're off on a few points.

I don't think KITT was mad with Michael. And it wasn't Michael that had KITT disassembled, it was Maddock, and he apparently did it without Devon's knowledge or consent.

Devon may have told Michael that money wasn't a problem, at that moment, but the foundation may have harder times earlier that made Maddock do what he did.

KITT's tech parts were sold, and apparently recovered, save the one chip put in McCormick's head. But, as was stated, KITT's body was recycled, so it could not be recovered.

Knight-Armen wrote:I agree!!! Voodoo Knight had a similar ending to any other episode throughout the series. It seems to me that they decided not to produce any more episodes "after" Voodoo Knight. Normally you decide from the very beginning of the season how many episodes you would like to do, but here, it doesn't seem like it's the case. It would have been nice to see how Michael came up with the decision of leaving the Knight Foundation and how he took a farewell of Kitt. Because in the movie Knight Rider 2000, Kitt appears to be very upset, as if Michael dismantled him or whatever they did to him after the four seasons. Another thing that still bathers me is why the HELL they dismantled Kitt in the first place!? I mean according to Maddock, they needed money to keep the Knight Foundation alive and thus they need to sell of Kitt's parts to gain some credit for their new project and YET when Devon visits Michael, he tells Michael that money is not an issue! "We need your help, that's all!" WELL then why did you dismantle Kitt??? But it doesn't stop here, things get even worse! Just because they can't find the damn chip they decide not to repurchase Kitt's parts and thus they give a damn in rebuilding him! Just because of a chip? What about Kitt's destruction moments in the seasons from the 80's? Kitt got destroyed a number of times in all seasons and Bonnie managed to rebuild him and bring him back to his old state and even better. But now its 2000 and you can't remake a chip for a car? I know that the chip contained all of Kitt's memory, but still, they could make a new one for that cop and replace Kitt's. Is this a coincidence? I wouldn't know...

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:39 pm

bastered how could they

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:56 pm

If there is a KR film can KR2K affect the way that the new movie would be written? (as far as KITT's appearance)

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:04 pm

i hope not

Altimus Prime
Recruit

Post by Altimus Prime » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:52 pm

If a KR movie is made, I don't see why they'd have to abide by events in KR2K. Fortunately, this isn't Star Trek, and you won't have legions of die-hard fans demanding that a KR movie abide by "established continuity." KR was never very good with continuity, anyway.

I just hope that if a new movie is made, that KR gets a serious treatment, storywise and in approach, and some really good effects to give us the kind of adventure we've been wanting since the 80s. There shouldn't be any need anymore to use recycled footage of Lincolns going off cliffs and pretend it's a Trans Am, or using obvious stunt cars and cars covered with rubber or whatever. And give KITT some serious computer power and features that are more advanced than goofy.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:45 pm

Akaihiryuu wrote:Scent of Roses is the true last episode of the series. Hasselhoff and the producers filmed it intending it to be the final episode. However, it turned out at an earlier point in the season, the network wanted a more emotional episode (I believe to compete with another show on another network), so they deliberately chose to air it earlier, instead of the intended place as the last episode. Basically, if you want the "true" order of the series, the way Hasselhoff and the producers wanted it, just move Scent of Roses from its current place in season 4 to the last episode (right after Voo Doo Knight).
Co-Sign.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:44 am

Even though "VooDoo Knight" is not a true ending to the series, I am glad it is the final episode and not "Scent of Roses." I just think some of the episodes that followed SOR should have been placed before it. "Killer K.I.T.T." and "Deadly Knightshade" are the only two episodes I can believe Michael had been married (even if only a very, very, very short time) as well as the series finale. So only those two and VK should have followed. All those others should have been before. "Out of the Woods" says '1985' in the credits anyway, so that one was obviously aired later than it could have been.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:59 am

I agree, in episodes such as VooDoo Knight, Redemption of a Champion etc we all saw michael having a lady on his arm or at least dating.

You would think he would still be naturally mourning the loss of Stevie and not be ready to start dating other women.

It was a bit out of context but I guess the producers never thought that we'd all care about michael as much as kitt.