The most realistic scene in Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The most realistic scene in Knight Rider?

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:26 am

What scene is the most realistic one in Knight Rider? Share...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:37 am

what do you mean by most realistic scene?

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:04 am

Stevie telling Michael in the "Scent of Roses" episode to get a reality check, so to speak about people trying to kill him, and that everything was too perfect to be happening.
That's realistic, isn't it?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:10 am

Well, a scene in which you think is very well done. For instance, we have seen Kitt do many jumps throughout all seasons. Some of those jumps look very unrealistic others are very good, can you think of a well done scene? Doesn't have to be a scene were he jumps, but also when he is driving on two wheels etc.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 am

Stevie telling Michael in the "Scent of Roses" episode to get a reality check, so to speak about people trying to kill him, and that everything was too perfect to be happening.
That's realistic, isn't it?
Ahhh, there you go! Good one...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:50 pm

I think the most realistic & believable skimode is from Not A Drop To Drink when KITT goes to reverse skimode from standing still! Very well done scene.

-KITTfan-

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:47 pm

Ah, interesting! However, realistic? I wouldn't agree with that, unfortunately. It's kinda hard for me to believe that a car can go "ski mode" when standing still and then go reverse at the same time.
Now... I've seen the episode a number of times and if I'm not mistaken Kitt get's trapped between to trucks and the only option that remains is to do the "reverse-ski mode" action as explained above. Don't think that it's realistic, though... but nicely done... :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:50 pm

I think the most realistic scene is in one episode (I forgot which one) in which KITT tells Michael he's only as good as his input. :) That sounded VERY computer-like! :lol:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 am

Michael's paragliding in Knight in Retreat was done well. It is possible, you don't need a car with Kitt's speed to get that glider into the air. I think that the scene was done well.
The most realistic Turbo Boost was I think in Insode out. Okay, it was no real Turbo Boost in a way that we actually see the ramps, but that was no empty fiberglass body but a real TA!

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:05 am

Knight-Armen wrote:
Some of those jumps look very unrealistic
Becuase the producers were so damn tight with the budget, or rather the studio, because those very unrealistic ones were the crap miniature jumps. I hate them with envy! They are what spoilt the 2nd Season completely in my opinion.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:52 am

Becuase the producers were so damn tight with the budget, or rather the studio, because those very unrealistic ones were the crap miniature jumps. I hate them with envy! They are what spoilt the 2nd Season completely in my opinion.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Clearly there are some INCREDABLY unrealistic jumps! For instance, remember the episode Knightmares? Were Kitt is chasing Michael, after Devon and April leaves Kitt to see if Michael is still in the hospital and finds out that he's not? What I am trying to say is that the scene were Kitt jumps over the construction area is very realistic, don't you think!? Other scenes (can't think of the episode) are so poorly done that you can almost tell for sure that it's a toycar jumping over that edge.

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:29 pm

Back in Knightmares, Where KITT's body (Under Randy's Control), Jumps Adrienne's car, That looked pretty realisitic.... And Cool too, In Slow motion and all? :D

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Back in Knightmares, Where KITT's body (Under Randy's Control), Jumps Adrienne's car, That looked pretty realisitic.... And Cool too, In Slow motion and all?
You mean Soul Survivor, right? Yeah, I agree, it's very cool.

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:24 pm

The reverse ski mode scene is not as realistic when you notice the smoke coming from the exhaust of the trucks is disappearing back into the exhaust because the scene is being played in reverse.

I think most of the sequences from the pilot were well done....Turbo boosting through the truck, the sparks on the ground after jumping over the second truck...Since they were showing off their "brand new" series, they weren't ever going to spend more than they did there.

I also thought the pacing and feel was more believable and dramatic, Michael wasn't always sure what to do next or what was going to happen to him, and at times almost desperate like after being shot....unlike later seasons where he seemed to be going through the motions and almost totally confident everything was going to work out fine.

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:48 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
Back in Knightmares, Where KITT's body (Under Randy's Control), Jumps Adrienne's car, That looked pretty realisitic.... And Cool too, In Slow motion and all?
You mean Soul Survivor, right? Yeah, I agree, it's very cool.
Umm LOL yeah, I get those two mixed up for some reason. :lol:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:18 am

The opening scene of Knight in Disgrace was nice ad realistic too with the complete dash shown, outside of the car(!) with Devon talking to Michael via the intercom. It showed that the dash was actually working!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:42 am

Yes, BRAVO!!! I've never seen Michael talk to someone with Kitts monitor in that angle.
Agree, shows that everything is working and that they are actually using the monitor in the car.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:21 am

There's a problem trying to find the "most realistic" scene. Most scenes in Knight Rider are actually very realistic. There are just unrealistic ones here and there that stand out. I could probably name 100 scenes just in the pilot that are very realistic. Michael Long chasing the baddies in his Trans Am, Wilton's helicopter landing at the mansion, etc.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:04 pm

The tinted windos on-off scene in Dead of Knight (Season 3/8) was great! When Kitt detects the bad guys's car and Michael says "Let's get them, buddy", or something like this and the tinted windows drop, they are transparent again. It was really realistic! The same for Knight Strike, too.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Gee, that's a hard question. I will have to get back to ya on that...lol.

kittknight1979
Rookie

Post by kittknight1979 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:22 am

Cant really say which scene looks most realistic. I enjoy just having the episodes in my collection. I really enjoy the scenes in Knight of Juggernaut.
Kitt, I need you!