Proof that Kitt is hyper-smart!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony J Case
Recruit

Proof that Kitt is hyper-smart!

Post by Tony J Case » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm

So I was watching one of the season 3 episodes last night (The one with the circus, I think. One of the ones towards the end of the season for sure), and Michael had to blast out of Kitt's parking space and race off down the road. They showed a close up of Michael shifting, Kitt backing up, and another closeup of Michael shifting again and then Kitt racing off down the road. Pretty standard stuff we've seen dozens of times before, right?

The problem is - when he backed out of the parking space, he put it in drive, and shifted into reverse as he took off. Huh!?!?

So clearly Kitt - knowing that he had to back out and drive away - overrode Michael lame driving decisions and went the correct way despite the transmission.

(As an aside - what the hell is supercar like Kitt doing with an automatic transmission anyway? That's like putting training wheels on Evel Knievel's motorcycle!)

James_kr
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by James_kr » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:59 pm

i think KITT is better with an automatic transmission but since its a turbine it maybe not like a normal transmission basically when somone is driving they just have to choose from reverse, park, drive, etc and KITT will know what to do quickly it probably just works according to what KITT is told to do but yeah its strange when they put it in the wrong gear and it goes in another direction.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:00 pm

If I remember right, I think I read somewhere that KITT has an 8-speed automatic transmission. :shock:

I think this was just one of the mistakes though with Michael shifting, etc. I think maybe some of the screen cars were automatic and some standard perhaps. I don't know...

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:23 pm

Thats stock footage anyway, just a rather stupid mistake in the editing department I think