Question about knight rider 2000 movie

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JustinNightDriver
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question about knight rider 2000 movie

Post by JustinNightDriver » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:34 am

Did yall consider this movie to be the offical final episode of the series?? If so do yall think it brought the show some closure??

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:44 am

It was alright, but I don't consider it the official closure episode, it would complicate things to much.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Re: Question about knight rider 2000 movie

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:01 pm

JustinNightDriver wrote:Did yall consider this movie to be the offical final episode of the series?? If so do yall think it brought the show some closure??
most fans(including david himself) think that "the Sent of roses" was the last episode of Knight Rider. Best way to end it was that episode. Not that garbage vodoo knight. :roll:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Re: Question about knight rider 2000 movie

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:03 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:
JustinNightDriver wrote:Did yall consider this movie to be the offical final episode of the series?? If so do yall think it brought the show some closure??
most fans(including david himself) consider "the Sent of roses" was the last episode of Knight Rider. Best way to end it was that episode. Not that garbage vodoo knight. :roll:
Michael is still burned out at the end and they go back to the foundation to go "home", but not nessacaly to go back to work.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:06 pm

I don't consider KR 2000 to be "canon". It really wasn't a bad movie in and of itself, but it was not true to what Knight Rider was. If it had just been an "original" movie and not been called Knight Rider, it would've been good.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:09 pm

I consider it canon and I guess pretty much the "last" in the series. Most people don't like to count it because they didn't like the movie, but that logic doesn't make any sense to me. Michael was burnt out and lived secluded; he came back for one final job and then went back into the shadows. K.I.T.T. was in moth balls for a decade and had been dismantled and his parts sold off, before ultimately being rebuilt and incorporated into a new vehicle. Seems like a logical extrapolation of the series to me. Just because most of us weren't crazy about it doesn't mean we shouldn't count it as canon.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:50 pm

Akaihiryuu wrote:I don't consider KR 2000 to be "canon". It really wasn't a bad movie in and of itself, but it was not true to what Knight Rider was. If it had just been an "original" movie and not been called Knight Rider, it would've been good.
what you just wanted it to be called 2000 ?
it wont be kr .

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:31 pm

In the movie (at the end), Micheal finally became what Wilton wanted all along... A shadow in a shadowy world.

*start of rant*

That is also Wilton really meant too, not for Micheal to be known across the US, has that "dude from the Foundation who has that talking car, who helped me." All Micheal had to do for the missions was go in, investgate, solve, then drop back into the shadows. And no one would remember him. And he wanted no one to find out who Micheal really was.....

*end of rant*

I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:44 am

It was good to see Michael, Devon and KITT again. I wasn't fond of Michael leaving again at the end - especially after Devon's death. I also didn't like that KITT wasn't given a chance to react to Devon's death. Michael hooked him up to the Knight 4000, caught the bad guys, left, and KITT was ready to continue fighting crime, like a lap dog.

I also hate the design and color of the Knight 4000.

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:57 am

KR2000 was a quick made-for-tv movie that was popular back in the 90's. It was a quick answer for today's big-screen 80's comebacks... however it wasn't the correct answer.

I think the biggest kick I got outta that movie is that it was filmed in San Antonio, Texas... at the mall and hotel and river walk I visit several years later. So when I recently rewatched it, I was like, "Ooh, I've been there!"

Also.. as another comment.. It's very popular with anime and manga(comic books) for the stories not to match up. The tv show may portray one world and it's characters one way, but the movie everything is just slightly different. As if it all happened in a different dimension.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:11 am

I have to agree, the Knight 4000 was ugly in every way. They didn't depict that car doing anything that KITT couldn't have done back in the series. In fact, the portrayal of the Knight 4000 made it seem LESS advanced than KITT was. It looked like a normal car on the inside, except for that "virtual reality" mode, which was just a gimmick that didn't seem to have any real function. The Knight 4000's voice modulator was hideously ugly...they should've kept KITT's classic voice modulator. They did show it going on the water, but the effect was a lot less dramatic than KITT's aquatic synthesizer was. Granted, they did TRY to make it look like a Pontiac Banshee concept car (since Pontiac wouldn't let them use a real one), and the Banshee was sort of the prototype for the 4th gen F-body cars (in 1991 the F-body cars still looked just like KITT in the series and they were trying to "look forward" a bit), but once you know you could tell it was just an ordinary Dodge Stealth underneath all of that, and it looked terrible! That car was an insult to KITT IMO, they should never have dismantled him. They should've brought back KITT was he was in the series at the beginning and upgraded him. That, and KR 2000 needed a much better plot than something involving banned guns in a strange unreal version of "2000" with cryogenic freezing and memory reading. A large part of KITT being what he was and being able control the car the way he did is because KITT and the car were not separate components. They made it seem like KITT was just a simple computer that could easily be put into anything. How would KITT have had the ability to control that '57 Chevy? The car was not designed for it. This movie did a grave disservice to KITT. KITT wasn't just the computer, he was the car too.

suprdav2
Volunteer

Post by suprdav2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:33 am

I never got the virtual reality function crap.........it wasn't a video game, they were "in reality". Whoever came up with that function should be shot onsite.

Andreas
Rookie

Post by Andreas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:55 am

It is good But I have the DVD It is very nice

Andreas
The Knight Rider

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:00 am

How can you say "It's Nice"?, The movie is far from nice!.....It just made no sense what so ever!

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:51 pm

The t.v. movie "NICE"....

Here is whatI think was wrong with that movie:

1) The way Kitt was found.. dismanteled. Kitt did a remarkable job for the Foundation, then they scrap him like trash. If I was Micheal, and I walked in and found Kitt like that and Russell say "It was too expenive to put Kitt in storage." I would have walked out and then come back an hour later with a shotgun.

2) Where was Bonnie? Bonnie during the series was a key character. If Bonnie walked in with Michael and saw Kitt like that, she would have flipped. I would have loved to see that. Her beating Russell. And I would have loved to see a Micheal/Bonnie ship too.... ((God, I watch to much StarGate...))

3) And the way Devon died in the movie. He should have had a more glorified death. Not bitting the big one lying down. He should have gone out swinging.....

4) And the Knight Industries Four Thousand.... DON'T get me started on that.... the Dodge Shadow, Please........

Then again these are my views of the movie, and I could go on and on for hours....
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:16 pm

all your points make awesome views on the movie I never thought of before. I will start a KN2000 Movie sucks website!! :D

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:40 pm

Herbie made a tv movie called "the love bug" at one point and it reminded me of kr 2000 in a way thinking about how people came back and all this stuff.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:36 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:all your points make awesome views on the movie I never thought of before. I will start a KN2000 Movie sucks website!! :D
Thanks.... My small list was just the tip of the Iceburg, hs they say.......
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan