New film

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jeffd37
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New film

Post by jeffd37 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:46 pm

Hi whats the story with the new Knight Rider film, is it going ahead and if so when...

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:18 pm

no its cancelled no funds
herd yesturday :o :(

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:33 am

There has been a lot of "going back and fourth" with the movie! As you all may know there has been an ongoing discussion of producing a new Knight Rider movie, based on the TV show from the 80's.
Hasselhoff has once again signed up for the role as Michael Knight, don't know the details unfortunaetly.
Anyway, recently there has been a discussion of not having the car (Kitt) to be able to talk.
Hasselhoff himself thought that the producers had lost their minds, so he told them that, either we produce a movie and having Kitt to talk or we simply give up the whole idea!!!
I believe that he (Hasselhoff) got his will through, but once again, I'm lacking from the details.
There are of course a lot of other things that needs to be done in order to produce the movie. Some things has already been done, but most of the things are still "in progress", but then again we can ask us as to whether it is "in progress" or not!?
It seems to me that the production have been slowing down dramatically? I mean we got to know that there was a movie called Knight Rider to be produced a few YEARS ago!!! And now 5 or 4 years later we are still waiting for it! The fact that they are still discussing about the roles, what should be done and what shouldn't gives me the impression that nobody is taking this seriously!
People has almost forgot about the movie and a lot of them believes that there is no movie to be done if we so wait for another 20 years!!!

As you might tell, I'm a "bit" frustruated! But I certainly don't blame Hasselhoff, because after all, he had a very painful devorce from Pamela recently and nobody expects him to give us updates about Knight Rider when he has a lot of other things on his mind!
So, the movie is still in production, however I think it's safe to say that a given date for it's premiere on the theaters will not be given shortly...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

aussie.kitt
Volunteer

new movie?

Post by aussie.kitt » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:38 am

In December I had a chat with David about the Knightrider movie, I cant disclose all the details for obvious reasons, but I can say that David himself was close to finalizing the negotioations for purchasing the rights for the movie, so it can be made HIS way. Most of you would already know that he was unhappy with the scripts that were presented to him, which is why no movie has been made.
It will still be a long time before you see it on the big screen, as I think he has a number of projects that will be given preference before he tackles the knightrider movie.
David seems to like to have several projects on the go at the same time, so you never know!

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:07 am

I'm glad D. Hasselhoff has several things going, to maybe keep his mind off his divorce situation at least a little bit, and hopefully he'll come out of that whole divorce thing with his dignity intact.
I'm looking forward to what happens next in his career, and I'm hoping he takes on the British crime drama thing instead of another "Baywatch" show; I'm personally not ready for another series like the one that ended in 2001.

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:10 am

I am kinda glad they are taking there time with it to be honest. With the success of movies such as Starksy and Hutch and Dukes Of Hazzard, I was kind of expecting them to do a really quick and rushed version of Knight Rider in order to captialize on the whole remaking tv shows fad that has been happening. Im glad they didnt as it most likely would have been quite bad. I say they should take there time to make things perfect. Concentrate on a brilliant script, get decent actors and such and then start production.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:14 am

I really do hope they make a new Knight Rider film, KR2000 was alright but I was hoping it was better.