Vote for the new Knight Rider car!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What car should Kitt be in the new Knight Rider movie?

Kitt should and will always be the same Pontiac Trans Am!
77%
Kitt should change his apperiance for something more hot, a Corvette Z06!
11%
The Lamborghini Gallardo should be turned into a Kitt!
No votes
Other!!!
11%

Total votes: 44

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Vote for the new Knight Rider car!

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:26 am

Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:14 am

kitt should always be the old T/A

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:42 am

I think that KITT should be put into a Corvette, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Lamborghini.. the only problem that I see is how are the stunts going to be done without damaging these very expensive cars? It's easier to replace something like a trans am than a Lamborghini.

Ben_KNIGHT
Rookie

Post by Ben_KNIGHT » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:44 am

K.I.T.T. must and almost will be the 1982 pontiac Trans AM! This is the car that makes K.I.T.T. like K.I.T.T. :P

Ben

Ben_KNIGHT
Rookie

Post by Ben_KNIGHT » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:44 am

oow I'm sorry.. wrong word! almost = always

Ben

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:16 pm

If KITT is not the old Trans Am... for some reason... Then he would look cool as a Ford GT, that's what I think anyway :wink: .

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:23 pm

Of the choices, I think the '82 T/A looks the best.

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:33 pm

IT woudn't really be KITT if he's not in a 82 Trans Am I think :)

I mean thats how all of us know KITT isn't it :)

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:53 pm

KITT it's only KITT with the Pontiac Trans AM 8)
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:03 pm

original Pontiac Trans Am

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:02 pm

The TA with a new dash and maybe some minor modifications like a new nose and rear spoiler (like the "Kitt 1990" car model from NFS: Hight Stakes). And definitely NOT the Lamborghini. It's too ugly to be Kitt.

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:39 pm

zo6 i think
but again it could look like the batmobile not
kitt :lol:

mikeedinburgh
Recruit

Post by mikeedinburgh » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:59 pm

Kitt should always be a trans am simple as that. Why should he be a different car? For a car that is over 20 years old the car still looks very modern. Before Knight Rider started the trans am looked ahead of its time before it was slightly altered for the tv series! If they were making a new movie of Airwolf would the fans be happy if it had been changed to a Chinook helicopter? I don't think so.

knightrider#1fan
Recruit

Post by knightrider#1fan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:41 pm

KITT would not really be KITT if he were not the same old trans am. he would just seem different to me and i wouldn't want he to be any different ! I would want him to be the same old KITT!!

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:43 pm

I want KITT to be the same so people can see just how great the origional KITT was so people could get hooked on the first tv series too!!!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:03 pm

Well, it looks like the most of you want the same Trans Am to be Kitt in the new Knight Rider movie. And I agree with you, Kitt is indeed a car known from Trans Am and it could never be replaced.
If it were to be replaced, the Corvette Z06 will fit him better than a Lamborghini., simply because it still has that Trans Am look, except for those round edges.
Regarding the stunt scenes, I think most of them (atleast the most dangerous ones) are going to be done with digital computer graphics. Because as you guy's said, to wreck one Lamborghini for one scene would just result in stopping the production due to the busget. It would simply be to expensive as mentioned earlier!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

bzavala
Recruit

Post by bzavala » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:43 am

A 2002 Pontiac Trans Am would be the best choice; after that, the Z06 Corvette (since both are part of the GM family).

Here's how KITT would look with a 2000 Pontiac Firebird (that's my Firebird photoshoped by someone in this forum :))

Here's another photoshop picture of my car as well:

Ben :cool:

knightriderno2
Recruit

Post by knightriderno2 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:43 am

KITT should always be the same Pontiac Trans Am.
Go to this site for FREE game soundtracks: http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=527

bzavala
Recruit

Post by bzavala » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:21 pm

If KITT existed and the whole Foundation was real, they would have to update the car every some years. The show is based on the early 80's. The last year for 3rd Gen Trans Ams was 1992; in 1993 they would have updated the car to a 4rd Gen, and used until it's last year, 2002.

So if the whole show was real, a 2002 Trans would still be the current car, but not for longer...

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 pm

bzavala wrote:If KITT existed and the whole Foundation was real, they would have to update the car every some years. The show is based on the early 80's. The last year for 3rd Gen Trans Ams was 1992; in 1993 they would have updated the car to a 4rd Gen, and used until it's last year, 2002.

So if the whole show was real, a 2002 Trans would still be the current car, but not for longer...
That is true but to a "casual" viewer they will only remember the original 1982 Trans Am model. IF they changed to a new car virtually everyone will go "THAT'S NOT KITT!"

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:50 pm

MLAM wrote:
bzavala wrote:If KITT existed and the whole Foundation was real, they would have to update the car every some years. The show is based on the early 80's. The last year for 3rd Gen Trans Ams was 1992; in 1993 they would have updated the car to a 4rd Gen, and used until it's last year, 2002.

That is true but to a "casual" viewer they will only remember the original 1982 Trans Am model. IF they changed to a new car virtually everyone will go "THAT'S NOT KITT!"
Each time an update was performed, wouldn't it be more likely that something was changed, rather than transporting all electronics to a new car?
After a certain length of time, this may happen, but KITT was Wilton Knight's crowning glory. They may have left him as the way that Wilton remembered him

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:30 pm

MLAM wrote:IT woudn't really be KITT if he's not in a 82 Trans Am I think :)

I mean thats how all of us know KITT isn't it :)
I'm all for Kitt being in the same '82 Trans Am. But I believe that Kitt should be a new body or car. A nice '02 Trans Am body. Or in a different car completely. Like a Eclipse, or some other new car.

I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:45 pm

Or one would be to create the story where KITT starts off with the original 82 Tran's Am but gets destroyed or badly damaged and Bonnie (if they still cast her character) decides to give KITT a total make over, new car, new dash everything.

I think that would work well.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:47 pm

What I would like to see in the movie (if it ever happens) will be for it to start with the classic KITT and Michael. Let's just pretend KR 2000 didn't happen, and Michael has continued being a FLAG operative after the TV series ended. Hasselhoff is getting old now...I think the movie should start off with a flashback to the series, and maybe do a "time-lapse" of missions since, not really showing much specific, just showing that time has passed and Michael continued in his role. Then when the movie starts, it could be present day, KITT pretty much looking the same except maybe for a few enhancements. Then Michael could either announce retirement or take over Devon's position as the FLAG leader, and a younger person could take over for him. It's been speculated that the new character could be Michael's son. All sounds good so far. Then maybe on the first mission, KITT could get damaged (but not destroyed, he should still be able to talk after whatever happens happens), and it could make a point that, as advanced as he is, he hasn't changed all that much in 20 years, and needs some upgrades in order to continue doing the job he's done in the past. Don't replace KITT like KR 2000 did, instead re-make him. Keep KITT's essence, but upgrade him with modern technologies, and a newer car. They don't even have to say they're replacing the car...they could just stick him up on a rack like in Junk Yard Dog, and show a time lapse of him being modified and improved. When it ends, he should be a 4th generation Trans Am (1993-2003/2004, whichever was the last year, I forget when they stopped making those). Same car, but a newer generation. Make the interior far more advanced also. Make the voice modular look similar, and yet more advanced. That way it wouldn't feel like they were replacing KITT, only improving him. William Daniels HAS to be the voice also. Michael could even make a neat comment about it ("Wow buddy, I remember thinking you looked advanced when I first saw you...") Then the new character could take over, with Michael serving as the mentor role that Devon once did. If they do it this way, they could make KITT all new without making it feel like he was being replaced, and avoid the mistakes that KR 2000 made. Instead of trashing real cars and having stunt cars that cost a lot back when the series was made, they could just do the car jumps, ski mode, etc with CG and thus not "waste" any Trans Am's. If they do everything this way and have a decent story, I'll be very happy! I'd actually like to email Hasselhoff with this idea (since he owns the rights to Knight Rider now, and thus has a lot of say in what will be in the movie if it ever happens). Maybe he's thought of it already, maybe not...but I'd hope so, because that's a way I can think of to change Michael's role and completely overhaul KITT and yet have it still be KITT and not feel like a cheap replacement. I wonder if Hasselhoff has an email address for fan email and things like that...

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:39 am

dh does

wwww.davidhasselhoffonline.com
click write david :)