I'm new and have question

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

palsut
Volunteer

I'm new and have question

Post by palsut » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:31 pm

I'm deaf and I was born 1983 since this show start. I was teenager when I started enjoy watch rerun show little bit while. Now I have purchase season 1 to 3. I'm enjoy it very much and I was disappointing know season 4 is last one. I wonder what happened end of season 4? David did quit or lost interest show or else? I really don't know since I was like 3 years old when show is done. I'm looking forward new knight rider movie if it's true so Thank for any answer if you knew what happened the show.

Patrick Sutton

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)

Well, Season 4 actually ended with Voodoo Knight, which left everyone pretty much hanging in the air. It's said that Scent of Roses was supposed to be the end where Michael leaves the foundation to marry Stevie (but in the end she ends up getting killed at their wedding).

If you go by the Knight Rider 2000 movie (where KITT ends up in a red car), it's said that Michael got burned out and quit. But many don't like the movie and so don't like to count that.

I didn't watch Team Knight Rider so I'm not sure what inferences there were, but something about Michael wasn't alive any longer? Or was he? Not sure there either.

palsut
Volunteer

Post by palsut » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Thanks,

I haven't watch season 4 yet so I'm waiting for this spring. I probably will find out about that to see what happened end. Yes I did watch knight rider 2000 from season 1 bonus. I know some don't like it about this movie. I like KITT being normal black car than red car. I didn't knew about Team Knight Rider show.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:39 pm

Many fans regard Season 4 as the weakest in the series, due to a good share of lackluster scripts, but it happens to be my favorite. The show took on a darker tone and arguably even matured a bit. I'm one of those that also liked Super Pursuit Mode and the Convertible Mode. And you are also at an advantage over the rest of us here on the forum, as you'll never have to experience the disappointment of all the removed sound effects in Season 3 and the couple of songs that were removed.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

palsut
Volunteer

Post by palsut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:45 am

Thanks,

I did watch once from season 4 that got bonus from season 3 dvd. I really like super pursuit mode but I haven't seen Convertible mode but saw intro show. I'm not sure why black guy sudden there. I never knew him but like I say I have to wait until season 4 this spring to what going on this story.

Yes, I have read someone disappoint about sound and song but I'm deaf so I use caption word to read it what they talk.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:31 pm

Welcome to the board Palsut... This may be of special interest to you, it appeared in an article in People Magazine back in 1983:

"KITT's driver has succeeded with another campaign. After meeting deaf people who are fans of the show, he realized how much they miss by not hearing the voice of KITT. One of them gave me a letter to give to the producers, and as a result the show is going to be close-captioned."

Nowadays, everything is closed-captioned but back then it was still kind of a novelty.

The complete article is here:
http://www.teamknightrider.com/classic/ ... hgear.html

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:00 pm

Welcome to the forum Patrick! :D :D :D

I wish you enjoy Knight Rider and our forum.

All the best! :) :) :)

Regards,
Sofoklis

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:56 pm

welcome

kr new saying
together we can make a diffrentance :)

palsut
Volunteer

Post by palsut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:49 pm

Thanks,

Wow I didn't know that. That's pretty neat that they have closed-captioned. I know some show don't have closed-captioned. Sometime it's very tough to understand what they talking about on tv. If watch tv without closed caption can easily boring for me but I know most of you hearing don't. Everyone is so different.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 am

welcome to the forum, enjoy you stay here :)