Knight Rider Season 2 DVD Problems

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RR-GraphixGuy
Stranger

Knight Rider Season 2 DVD Problems

Post by RR-GraphixGuy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:51 am

Hello All,

Santa Claus was very nice to me and gave me both Season 1 and Season 2 of Knight Rider on DVD.

My wife and I watched all of Season 1 during the week following Christmas, without any problems at all. We moved on to Season 2 and were disappointed with some serious disc problems 30 minutes into "Goliath". I examined the disc and could not see any scratches, dust, or dirty spots. I have two DVD players, and it did not work in either of them.

We exchanged the Season 2 for a new box at Best Buy, and were able to watch the entire Side A of Disc 1 without a problem. But then half-way through "Custom KITT" (end of Side B), the same problems occured.

Has anybody else had these problems with their season 2 box set, or am I just super-unlucky to be getting Knight Rider on poor-quality DVD's? Is this a known problem, or am I hopelessly stuck with trying to find working discs on my own?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or information.

- Mike

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:09 pm

it's bad luck, some people had the same problems and had to keep returning them till they got it right.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:26 am

As MIKEMAC said, bad luck. I have season 1 and two as well and they are both working perfectly. It's also very important that you keep your DVD's clean and out of scratches! Another thing in wihich may be annoying is that if you have the DVD set with only three discs, then you have the cheap version. They use these new DVD's with double layer in which are 50 % more vulnearble than the regular DVD's. So if you have DVD's with a double layer be extra careful!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:36 am

Some bad luck for me, unfortunately.
I'm missing 30 minutes for "A Good Day at White Rock" and "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" and about 5 minutes for "Custom KITT".

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:48 am

How on earth is that possible? I mean what do you guy's do with your discs?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:02 am

It must have been manufactured that way. Normally, I wouldn't care if it happened to any other DVDs, but with Knight Rider.....

:cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:26 pm

Is there someone in this thread besides me who doesn't have problems with their "Knight Rider" DVD sets? I hope so.
I feel for those who do have problems with their DVD sets, and hopefully they all will enjoy "Knight Rider" on DVD as soon as possible. Just my opinion.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:36 am

My DVD's are working perfectly! But then again, I purchased them from amazon.co.uk, they are region two and THEY ARE NOT DOUBLE LAYERS!

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:54 pm

I'm one of the lucky ones who had no problems with either of my sets. I feel for those who spend the money and got ripped off. Let's hope that season 3 and 4 are made of better quality. :)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

RR-GraphixGuy
Stranger

Is just a matter of cheap media?

Post by RR-GraphixGuy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:01 pm

See, that's what I don't get. I own many double-sided, dual-layer DVDs that have worked just fine. And as I said earlier, my Season 1 is flawless. I think it is simply a matter of Universal-NBC using cheap media to save on costs of production. Or, it could be that they used DVD's that were not intended to be burned on both sides of the disc. (Cheapskates!)

I know I've been subject to bad media before-- I once bought a 10-pack of CD-ROMS (don't remember the brand name) and I was only ever able to burn anything to 2 of them.

For those of you who have a complete working Season 2, where (what store, location in the U.S.) did you obtain your copy?

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm

I have had no problems with my discs. I have a suggestion though if you have a DVD-rom or better yet a DVD burner you could try to back it up and then put it on another disc and see if that works I will tell you the program name DVD-Shrink works well for these sorts of problems when backing up a disc. NOTE: This software is for BACKING UP dvd's only DO NOT use this software for COPYING or BURNING DVD'S.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:04 pm

My episode Goliath works pretty well but I am getting a skip maybe a total of 5 min in Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Re: Is just a matter of cheap media?

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:11 pm

RR-GraphixGuy wrote:For those of you who have a complete working Season 2, where (what store, location in the U.S.) did you obtain your copy?
I bought mine at Best Buy, but I remember a few people saying they had trouble with their sets they bought from there as well.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Wallyworld!

Post by scottab21 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:41 am

Almost everybody has a Wal-Mart! That's where I bought both of seasons 1 and 2, and never had a problem. Good Luck man...

5* General
Recruit

Double layer disc probs

Post by 5* General » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:35 am

I've had problems w/ both season 1&2. I had to return season 1 4xs each time it was a different disc, until I decided to ask the Best Buy guys to swap disc 3 w/another sets' disc 3 which luckily was not malfuntioning..Season 2 had a skip as well & I had (Media Play this time) them swap disc 2 w/ another sets' as I did before. Best Buy said they had at least 3 people return season 1 in a weeks time w/ similar probs. If this happens w/ season 4, I would'nt be surprised.

knightrider#1fan
Recruit

Post by knightrider#1fan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:38 pm

mine work fine (both seasons 1 and 2) even though i had to take season 2 back 3 times before i got a good set. i got mine a walmart. can't wait to get my seasons 3 and 4 dvd sets!! :D