KR movie budget problems!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

scottab21
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR movie budget problems!

Post by scottab21 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:11 am

Hey guys, found this recently on Knightrider.nl, pretty interesting...

Movie budget cut in half ?

Today we received a new rumour about the movie. Word has it that the studio shooting the movie has cut the budget for the film in half. Therefore a worldwide cinema release is no longer guaranteed. Possibly the movie will never be in the cinema, but will become a television only release.

Director Joseph Merhi has stopped working on the Knight Rider project, and Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray are also threatening to stop working on the movie. All three claim it is because the studio is giving them a hard time on this project. Will there ever be a Knight Rider Movie?

Shooting is still planned to start in the summer of 2006, June or July.
8)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:25 am

It's completely untrue. There IS NO STUDIO FOR THE MOVIE YET. Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray were the names associated with it back when Revolution Studios signed up to do the film. But Hasselhoff pulled the project from Revolution 2 years ago when they said they didn't want the car to talk.

If there's no studio, there's no budget. If there's no budget, it can't be cut.

When another studio comes on board, we'll hear about it. That's what happened with Revolution.

Always be skeptical of rumors, especially if they're not even providing the source.

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:09 am

So, Michael Pajaro, you think the movie won't be made? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:27 am

That is NOT what I'm saying at all.

I am frustrated as the rest of you that it seems to be taking a long time to get this movie into production. But I've seen so many movie ideas get caught in limbo that I understand that what's happening with Knight Rider isn't that unusual. The best example is probably Spider-man, which I think took over 10 years to get made. The new Superman movie has also drone along for many years. I think Indiana Jones was first announced around the year 2000 and hasn't even started yet.

If Hasselhoff was a washed-up star I'd be worried. But because he is still actively involved in big film projects (Spongebob last year, now the new Adam Sandler film Click), AND getting rave reviews in the likeability department, he still has plenty of Hollywood clout to get the movie and done, and get it done right.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:56 am

Hah, TOUCHÈ mr. Pajaro!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself! All these rumors going around are as you say not reliable since they don't have any sources at all and why even bather? I mean there is no source, so it has to be some kind of spoiler or fake!

The only one to trust is Hasselhoff himself, since he is the one that want's to bring the TV show alive again and he dosen't want to lie for his fans of course, but the most irritating thing is that he never give us real feedback or update. I haven't heard or read anything from him regarding the new Knight Rider movie that is still true today and at this point!!! Either he does the movie or he dosen't and right now it seems that he has been trying to make up a budget for the film but there has to be some sort of CATALYST to speed up the production. If there isn't then better of not doing the movie because the piss poor story will just make people angry!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway