What car would KITT be today? Don't read if tired of topic

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:17 pm

yes well if kitt does get installed into a new car it should be in the new Chevy Camaro Concept Car...theres an opening on the hood that would be a perfect place for the scanner :)

ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by ReddawgKnight on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knghtrdr
Recruit

Post by knghtrdr » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:21 pm

It could be like a reunion movie,sure I'd use david again,but I wouldn't be offended if they had new actors,as long as the story line doesn't go over board or away from what Knight Rider stands for!

It's nice to see familiar faces,but if the actors are well picked,then I would go see it,as long as KITT's voice stays the same and they use the same trans am!
Turbo boost KITT!!!One man can make a difference!!!

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:50 pm

I don't care if DH is in his 50s or not; he knows his Michael Knight character still, and I'd personally like to see how the character's changed over the years, and I'm still a fan of him as an actor/singer.

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:17 am

It appears that the majority of our votes are split between high-end sport cars and old TransAms. Given the number of cars that are likely to be destroyed during filming, this will either be a huge budget production or e-bay will get picked clean of 82 T/A's.

bzavala
Recruit

Post by bzavala » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:58 am

The GTO Concept would make a nice KITT!

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:08 pm

how would a new car work out if mostly everyone (including myself) wants to see the original KITT back. I'd also love to see a new KITT but how would all of this work out?

knghtrdr
Recruit

Post by knghtrdr » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:10 pm

Vala,that would be a cool KITT,but it looks similar to the viper car transformed! Although,painted black and scanner and such,it could be a cool look for KITT.

However,I still would prefer to see the original KITT,if nothing else,keep KITT in the movie,just like they did with the General Lee in the new dukes movie!

KNIGHT10000
Volunteer

New KITT

Post by KNIGHT10000 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:33 pm

I have told this in other post.

KITT have to be this Trans Am Prototype.
The main reason look closely to the engine and read how much horsepower this bad boy has.

:D

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:14 pm

I still think that the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse is a good pick.

OR....
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:30 pm

And the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse too....

And I got to show my love to the old Trans Am too...

I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:02 pm

KITT as a rice burner? I would boycott the movie just for that! Knight Rider should not be mixed with the Fast and the Furious. Though it might sell, and I mean might, for me it would ruin the image of KITT. If no one can really agree with a new body, just keep his original 3rd Gen. Or if they can do it properly, have the old and a new somehow.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:16 am

LadyV2000 wrote:KITT as a rice burner? I would boycott the movie just for that! Knight Rider should not be mixed with the Fast and the Furious. Though it might sell, and I mean might, for me it would ruin the image of KITT. If no one can really agree with a new body, just keep his original 3rd Gen. Or if they can do it properly, have the old and a new somehow.
Both LadyV2000 and PhoenixWS6 had officially threatened to boycott the movie if KITT is an import/tuner, and it appears there are many others who feel the same way. However, if this movie is ever made, I think the producers' car of choice will be the one that will generate the most revenue. A newer model car will not only attract a newer crowd, but let's face it, all of us will pay to see it (even if we hate the car choice)....

coppernite
Stranger

Post by coppernite » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:17 am

Haley wrote:
coppernite wrote:hmm.... after reading this, I have to say that I'm glad I not the only one who wants to keep KITT the model he was, just modified. After all, no matter when you grew up, people will always love the classics, and there's no way they coldn't either. KITT (and the '82 T/A ingeneral) was a beautiful car. After all, he did have the MBS.......
It appears that there is a number of Knight Rider fans who share your opinion, and I have to admit that part of me agrees completely. Would you then set the movie back in the 80's? Would you still use the 50+ year old David Hasselhoff for Michael Knight's role?
You pose a very good question, and I'm not completely certain on my answer, but... I would most likely set the movie in the present day era. I have no problem using David Hasselhoff for Michael Knight, but for a higher movie-goer response, the director will probably use someone else and just have Hasselhoff make a visual.

knghtrdr
Recruit

Post by knghtrdr » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:50 pm

FORMULA,If they don't use the original KITT in the movie,ain't no point of making it!

Look at the starsky and hutch movie,they kept the original torino,and the actors played their part well,slightly exagerated,but I still enjoyed it!

Let's see,Duke boys without their General Lee,Imagine a 2005 charger painted up like the General Lee,palease!!!!!! The new movie was o.k. It was wild to see the General Lee on the big screen,wich is the only reason I went to see it!

If they change cars for KITT,then they're missing the whole point of the movie!New actors are unavoidable,but David is still fit enough to play Micheal Knight again,But if they don't have the last conversion KITT went under(ssm) in the last season, for the movie then the new knight rider will flop!

Keep the original KITT,can't say it enough,no KITT(original),no way I'll pay to see it! Without that there is no familiar feel to the show we had,while watching the '80's version of Knight Rider!

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 pm

89 formula wrote:
LadyV2000 wrote:KITT as a rice burner? I would boycott the movie just for that! Knight Rider should not be mixed with the Fast and the Furious. Though it might sell, and I mean might, for me it would ruin the image of KITT. If no one can really agree with a new body, just keep his original 3rd Gen. Or if they can do it properly, have the old and a new somehow.
Both LadyV2000 and PhoenixWS6 had officially threatened to boycott the movie if KITT is an import/tuner, and it appears there are many others who feel the same way. However, if this movie is ever made, I think the producers' car of choice will be the one that will generate the most revenue. A newer model car will not only attract a newer crowd, but let's face it, all of us will pay to see it (even if we hate the car choice)....
I'd be all for seeing KITT in a new body, but at the very least just make a domestic model. If they want to have some tuners in movie somewhere else, go right ahead, just as long KITT isn't the one with the ugly paint job and bad ground effects. (Can you tell I'm not a fan of tuners?:twisted:) Actually I think a race scene between a few ricers and KITT would make a very entertaining part of the movie. :wink:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:34 pm

TUNER KITT=BAD MOVIE OR SHOW

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:01 pm

For the record, I don't believe that a 4 cylinder tuner will ever even be considered for the role. However, unless they set the movie back in the 80's, an early 3rd gen. T/A will not work. In a sepatrate thread, CB2001 just wrote a very elaborate explanation of why it would not work, with which I agree completely.

As far as taking cue from the other recent remakes, I don't think they are at all applicable. Starsky & Hutch was a comedy. The Dukes were not driving a futuristic high-tech car, but rather a customized muscle car. To this day, I don't think it's unusual to see farmboys drive old Chargers. Besides, I've driven through counties similar to Hazzard, a late 60's car would be actually relatively modern by their standards.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:31 pm

Interesting... But if you think about it, the producers might go with a different car all together because they would need to bring in new fans for the show. When the Fast and the Furious (I can't spell) came out, people had to go buy one of the many types of cars that they showed in the movie. But don't get me wrong, I love the old school Trams Am (I just found a '82 and bought it), but to "update" the show image, they would have to go with a newer car.... but is does not mean that they have to go with a import... the '02 Trans Am is still a good chose. (to those who still love the Trams Am, I appaude you) oh, I still can't spell)
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan

5* General
Recruit

Post by 5* General » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:08 am

If not the original Trans Am, the Prototype T/A...or maybe a modified Murcielago.
"I was watching you deactivate the Rev, was he malfunctioning?"

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:50 am

knightridergundam wrote:Interesting... But if you think about it, the producers might go with a different car all together because they would need to bring in new fans for the show. When the Fast and the Furious (I can't spell) came out, people had to go buy one of the many types of cars that they showed in the movie. But don't get me wrong, I love the old school Trams Am (I just found a '82 and bought it), but to "update" the show image, they would have to go with a newer car.... but is does not mean that they have to go with a import... the '02 Trans Am is still a good chose. (to those who still love the Trams Am, I appaude you) oh, I still can't spell)

Congat's on the '82 Firebird, Knightridergundam, you should post some pics.

knghtrdr
Recruit

Post by knghtrdr » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:39 pm

I must say,this is a cool looking KITT,don't you think???

[img][img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/ ... nsam02.jpg[/img]