Knight Rider fan art!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

LightForceKittFan
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider fan art!

Post by LightForceKittFan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:03 pm

Hello to all Knight Rider fans here! I just recently found my way here. I've browsed the boards and haven't yet found any discussions about fan art. I like to draw with pencils and computer, and here's some pictures I've made.

For me the most beautiful cars ever built are Pontiac Trans Am (of course), DeLorean and Lamborghini Diablo/Countach/Murciélago (plus almost all 1970-1990 japanese cars). Due to those cars' high price and low availability (not including the japanese cars) here in Finland, I can't own any of them. Instead I own a little Honda Civic 1.4 model 1990. My dad's been on the car repairment business for over 20 years (he has his own car repair shop), and he really does know which car you don't have to repair all the time. For some reason, all our cars seem to be japanese (Toyota, Datsun/Nissan, Mazda, Honda). So, when I got my driver's licence (2002) he bought me this beauty. It's so well kept, not rusted, the engine runs smoothly, it doesn't consume oil at all, and not too much gas either. I 've travelled over 25000 kilometers with it, and there's been absolutely no difficulties. It always starts, no matter how cold there is (even under -25 centigrades it ignites at the very first key twist) though the steering and gears feel a little stiff then. I can't think about selling it, it's my favorite car as long as I don't own a Trans Am. :D I don't like newer cars, they all look the same, they have no personalities.

I just had to give my car a "Knight Industries"-identity, and I edited a picture of her. So here it is for all of you, the "Knight Invention 77" or K.I.7.7., if you prefer. The register plate is not real, but you could get one like that here in Finland (it does cost some extra money).

Picture of K.I.7.7.
Picture of K.I.T.T.

Picture of KI-77 was edited by using Adobe Photodeluxe 2.0. Picture of KITT was done by hand using a 3B pencil. Concerning it was my very first drawing of KITT it turned out quite good. It took me an hour to draw it. Editing the KI77-picture took a couple of hours.
I'd like to see your KR art too!
Last edited by LightForceKittFan on Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael: "Someone tried to kill me yesterday."
Devon: "I have an alibi."

>>>CLICK HERE

Knightuser
Rookie

Post by Knightuser » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:13 pm

That KITT picture is awesome!
Nice job!

You can check photoshop artwork here.
Navig

K.I.T.T_Knight
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T_Knight » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:31 pm

Yeah, I am the same opinion. The "hand-painted" K.I.T.T is really hilarious.

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:43 pm

Thanks a lot, Knights! :)
I think I'll try to draw more KITT's. Drawing cars is quite difficult, the dimensions are hard to get right. But I'll try!
:kitt2: Wow, these gifs are GREAT!

>>>CLICK HERE

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi there LightForceKittFan, that's a very nice car you own. I also cruise around in a 1996 Honda Civic 4-door sedan. I agree with you regarding the car's dependability and economy. You really can't go wrong when you buy a Japanese brand, specially a Honda (main reason why I have this nick) 8)

I've given up long ago in acquiring a real KITT replica. Besides the cost of acquiring one from overseas (I live in Manila), there is the issue of maintenance and gas consumption. It's just too much of a hassle. Perhaps if I win in a lottery or something, I might just try to bag one but as of now, its out of the question.

I get my Knight Rider fix from acquiring KITT toys from ebay every now and then. I and most of the members here who collect toys have the huge talking Kenner KITT with a Michael Knight doll. You should try to acquire one when your finances permit it. Then there is also the recently released 1/18 scale ERTL diecast. I also acquired that one back in November and have since enjoyed seeing it parked near my Kenner. :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:06 pm

I loved the pencil drawing. Loved the way you did the shnoz (nose) :) I always liked the sharp dart-style nose on KITT.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:03 am

That's actually a good, hand-drawn KITT, even if the back tire's a little smaller than the front tire.
Even so, that's a great sketch! :)

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:09 am

...I think she was trying to get a little perspective in the drawing, which would make the back of the car look smaller than the front. Nice pencil work by the way. I've got four pages of KR artwork on my site (see my signature). I hope it gives you some ideas and tricks! Btw thats my artwork in my avatar.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:44 am

Hi Lightforcekittfan, nice to see another KR fan from Finland ;)
That's a nice drawing of KITT you've made.
Here's one of my drawings, I drew this with free hand:

For this pic I traced a real Trans-Am first but drew the KITT modifications with free hand:

This pic I drew with Commodore Amiga's (the talking homecomputer of the 80's ;)) DeluxePaint3 in the 90's, used tracing for this too:

Here's one unfinished drawing, made by free hand:

-KITTfan-
Last edited by KITTfan on Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:01 pm

Wow! We've got some really talented artists on here. You drawings are all wonderful. I only wish I had all your artistic talents.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:59 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:Wow! We've got some really talented artists on here. You drawings are all wonderful. I only wish I had all your artistic talents.
Me too i can't count the amount of times i have tried to draw kitt and it just can't be done right. :cry:
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:43 pm

Great job! Is the Honda yours?

I have a 2000 civic as my daily driver. KITT's just for driving one day a month. I plan on doing some light mods to the Honda. I'm working on a TKR type story for him at the moment. I'm looking for a nice nose to add, but most noses for Honda are really blunt and don't have that dart shape. I may just leave it alone, but I do have a spare JC Whitney light bar that I may just add behind the grill.

Here is a link to KITT's page and there is a link there for the Honda. I may do some photshoping to see what I want to make him look like.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/army_f_body
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:19 pm

These are really good drawings and paintings.
I've got some of my own. They were made about 12-14 years ago when I was in high school. Here they are:

(I make sure Darth watches over my Knight Rider collection)
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:57 am

Aww, you all draw so well! I get really jealous!
To KITTfan: your drawings are the TOP! Nice to see Finnish people here. By the way, I own an original Commodore 64 with 1541 disk drive, "booster" module (games load up in seconds) and the real C-64 matrix printer. They all work perfectly. :)
To Lyn: it's the perspective. The drawing is a straight copy of a photo I found from the Net.
To HondaSIR: yep, I bet I'll never gonna get a real KITT copy or even a Trans Am. I've seen one red Trans Am cruising around here, it's a beauty! I'll stay with my Honda.
To Army_F_Body: Yes, it's mine, totally mine! I pay the taxes, insurances, gas... but it's mine! The mileometer just passed 293 000 kilometers, but I don't watch at the km:s, I don't buy a new car if the meter shows "too much", it doesn't matter as long as the car goes on and stays in a good shape.
To walter h. anderson: Wow! I can't colour my drawings, they all get fuzzy and messy. That's why I stay with the plain pencil or computer graphics.

>>>CLICK HERE

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:53 pm

Here's mine:

http://www.geocities.com/krdatabank/artwork/index.html

Done using an AceCat Flair graphics tablet. I started with a photo and worked with it in Art Dabler. Turned ot like watercolors.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:36 pm

LightForceKittFan wrote:To HondaSIR: yep, I bet I'll never gonna get a real KITT copy or even a Trans Am. I've seen one red Trans Am cruising around here, it's a beauty! I'll stay with my Honda.
To Army_F_Body: Yes, it's mine, totally mine! I pay the taxes, insurances, gas... but it's mine! The mileometer just passed 293 000 kilometers, but I don't watch at the km:s, I don't buy a new car if the meter shows "too much", it doesn't matter as long as the car goes on and stays in a good shape.
293,000 km.? Looks like your car has been to every nook and cranny of the planet! It just goes to show that Hondas are made to last, together with the best Japanese brands out there. :wink:

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:40 am

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/ ... _Rider.jpg

this is what i have to contribute. i had no eraser at the time i was working on it, so it looks kinda crappy...but it's halfway decent ^^;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:16 pm

Cool! AnimeKITT! :)

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:24 am

HondaSiR wrote: 293,000 km.? Looks like your car has been to every nook and cranny of the planet! It just goes to show that Hondas are made to last, together with the best Japanese brands out there. :wink:
In fact it hasn't been on too many owners before me (only in Finland), and if you could only see in how good shape it really is! No cigarette burnmarks on the seats, the whole inside looks like it's almost new! The only thing that has required some welding was the large muffler which always hits the ground when you drive over some big rocks. There was a small hole in it and my little brother welded it for me. :)
It's fun to take the car to the check out every year, when all the inspectors say is: your car is ok... usually they say nothing, I guess my car leaves them speechless! :)

Well, here's some new pictures for ya. The first one is a combo of two of my favorite cars, the Pontiac Trans Am and DeLorean time machine. Can you imagine Marty McFly & Doc Brown cruising around and back to the future with a Trans Am-time machine? ;) It would have been cool. Also, think about them having a car like KITT, that could talk and drive by himself? Wow! (BTW: one of my very favorite movies is the BTTF trilogy).

Trans Am Time Machine

The other picture is of course KITT. I also experimented with some color pencils (I usually don't color my pictures).

K.I.T.T. Rider

Enjoy!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:27 pm

LightForceKittFan wrote:and if you could only see in how good shape it really is! No cigarette burnmarks on the seats, the whole inside looks like it's almost new! The only thing that has required some welding was the large muffler which always hits the ground when you drive over some big rocks. There was a small hole in it and my little brother welded it for me. :)
It's fun to take the car to the check out every year, when all the inspectors say is: your car is ok... usually they say nothing, I guess my car leaves them speechless! :)
My car doesn't have cigarette burns either since I don't smoke. And the interior still smells fresh. Every year when I have the car registered, it has to pass a smog test and it always does with flying colors. And to think we don't spend a king's ransom to make our Hondas in tiptop shape. Life is sweet. 8)

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:11 am

Wow, Kido! Your pics rock. I really liked the "Knight vacation" thing and the "drippy t-tops"!

To HondaSIR: No, I don't smoke either, but when I got the car there was some burnt cigarettes in the ashtray, so I guess one of her former owners had smoked. But the car smelt fresh, I never used air-fresheners in it! The weather is getting better and the spring is coming, I guess I have to wash her up some day. She's a mess now, she's covered in sand and mud! ;)

>>>CLICK HERE

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:01 am

I don't use air fresheners either, they can foul up the aircon system (specially wax based fresheners). We don't smoke so there should be no problem with the odor (as long as the passengers don't smoke too). :lol:

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:48 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Cool! AnimeKITT! :)

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:33 am

Does anyone of you know the German duo called Modern Talking? I love their music, and when listening to their "You're my heart, you're my soul", I came up with an idea of car-related lyrics. So, I modified the original lyrics a little and came up with this:

-YOU'RE MY CAR, YOU'RE MY SOUL

Down on the road, there's some tires - burning hard
Down on the road, there's desire - for a start
I'm dying in excitement
You're my world of fantasy
I'm living in my, living in my dreams

Chorus:
You're my car, you're my soul
I'll keep you shining ev'rywhere I go
I'll be driving you forever,
stay with me together
Yeah, I'm feeling that our speed will grow
That's the only thing I really know

Let's hit the road and believe my burning heart
Feeling all right, come on, open up your roof
I'll keep the tires burning
Let your steering melt in me
I'm living in my, living in my dreams

Chorus-

Instead the "car"-word you could use Kitt, Karr, Skar or whatever you want. :)

I also made some new pictures. I did all of them in one day, it didn't took very long. The first one is a felt-tip pen experiment with those lyrics. I also used some pencil.

You're my Kitt, you're my Soul

The second picture is done without a reference picture. I found out that KITT is quite easy to draw, even without a picture of him. This picture is totally my imagination. You may notice one funny and familiar thing if you look closely. Done with pencil only (and a piece of handkerchief to smudge the pencil traces).

Knightshift

The third picture is my invention also. I used a reference picture here, but added some stuff. Done with pencil and blue color pencil. Let me introduce him to you: the Secure Knight Industries Defender, S.K.I.D. Guess what he likes to leave behind? ;)

S.K.I.D. marks

>>>CLICK HERE