Knight Rider fan art!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:28 pm

Nice work! Loved the lyrics. That's how I kinda feel about my car. I think anyone that works on classics or antiques themselves would appreciate that.

S.K.I.D. marks was fun. :)

I didn't notice anything "funny and familiar" in the Knightshift one though. What was it? I think I missed it.

All great artwork!

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:22 pm

Skid's nose kinda reminds me of Kate's nose..

http://www.knightriderarchive.com/comic/match1.html

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:41 pm

Here's the "unfinished" drawing finished. Tried to make it look like KITT and Michael are driving in some sunny California ocean highway, like in the episode "Forget Me Not".
Unfortunately my camera did not pick up the colours very well, especially the sky and the ocean.

-KITTfan-

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:44 pm

Wow. These are all fantastic! I did a study on a Plymouth with squashed toothpaste tubes on the roof, spilling neon toothpaste all over the windshield. Let’s just say that it was a head on shot, and I loathe making things symmetrical, but the drawing came out beautiful and I guess the grueling hours were worth it. The Plymouth has fairly straight lines and was hard enough… I could only imagine how difficult it would be trying to draw a study of KITT!

I painted something for an exhibition promoting small artwork. It was a silhouette of KITT. Exhaust is billowing around him and a full moon is casting its reflection on his glossy black surface. I also included my old trademark, a red winged black bird, in the sky, sort of emerging out of the blackness. The bird really pulls it together because the red in it’s wings matches the red of KITT’s scanner. I had a wild looking dun stallion half rearing at the edge of the exhaust, one hoof plunged into the smokey cloud, as though he were drawn towards KITT and curious, yet too scarred to go any closer. I think my art teacher convinced me to sell it for $25 at the exhibit, so if anyone is interested I would be more than happy to give you directions on where to buy :lol: . Sorry I don’t have any pictures, I might be able to take one later.

Knightuser
Rookie

Post by Knightuser » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:59 pm

:o
Fantastic KITTfan!! :wink:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:06 pm

KITTfan that is an awesome drawing! Looks almost real! Though KITT's gas cap is actually under his back license plate. :) But you did a great job on this and definitely something to be proud of, as all here should be of their artwork.

I enjoy seeing what people come up with. :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:23 pm

Wow! :shock: KITTfan, you're drawing is absolutely gorgeous! I agree with FuzzieDice, it does look almost real. I'm expecting to see K.I.T.T and Michael moving along at a steady pace with the waves crashing on to the shore. What a fantastic piece! :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

coolgyger
Volunteer

Post by coolgyger » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:12 pm

Man, these pics (gets on his knees and bows) NOT WORTHY! NOT WORTHY!

To LightForceKittFan: You plan to do a conversion on your Honda? I've got a 1987 Chevy S-10/T-10 Blazer 4x4 (codenamed Project Knight 3000) and I've thought about making my own unique Knight Rider themed vehicle. Now it may not be a Trans Am, but the thought of a completely different Knight Vehicle... Yeah I found a couple companies that produce aftermarket digital gauges to replace the analogs I have, and once I can find someone (or a way) to provide my own Knight Rider dash, i'll be set. I've already got the scanner planned out, I'll buy a second grille (so I don't accidently drive around with my scanner on) and cut out the bow tie to make room for the scanner (yes the height and depth dimensions are correct so I should have no problem there). Knight 3000 is going to have a blue theme, blue scanner, and blue voice modulator. But this will all happen after I get all my upgrade parts this summer, like my larger throttle body injection part, my new rocker arms, 2.5 inch lift kit, etc. It'll basically be a Off-road Knight Rider vehicle. But I think if you take the time and effort to sit down, measure, you could do it. Not to get really into depth but this all WAS supposed to happen to a 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle until I figured out that there are hardly any accessory wiring in the darn thing, so I then just switched over to my trusty steed:

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Geese, KITTfan, that picture is great! :)
To FuzzieDice: Really? In all the pictures I've found from the Net the gas cap is there on the driver's side. Am I wrong?
To coolgyger: No, no conversions. My Honda stays like she is. Maybe if I find nice red 'tuning' pedals & gear knob I may change them, but nothing more. Nor do I have the money to do that...

Here's also some new drawings. The first is done by me, it's the first drawing with Michael on it. At first it looked good, but now Michael doesn't look like himself at all. I dunno why. But, anyway, if you dare, here's the picture:

Michael & KITT

Here's also a picture drawn by my little sister (18 yrs). Sometimes she draws better than me. This is a good one:

Michael & KITT
Michael: "Someone tried to kill me yesterday."
Devon: "I have an alibi."

>>>CLICK HERE

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:09 pm

LightForceKittFan wrote:To FuzzieDice: Really? In all the pictures I've found from the Net the gas cap is there on the driver's side. Am I wrong?
Dunno - I could be wrong. Not sure because I do remember an episode in the 1st season I think where Micheal was filling KITT up with gas and it was in the rear under the license plate.

But they used many different cars for the show so it could be that some had the gas cap on the side. KITT himself I don't know exactly what the writers had imagined the place of KITT's gas cap, or even if they ever thought about it. :)

I guess I was basing my statement on what I saw in that one episode. It's funny, the model kits I'm getting I think the gas cap is on the side too and I was chatting with someone about it in IM the other night and I'm thinking of sanding it off. But then would it be more realistic? Now I'm not sure. :lol:

KnightRider2000
Operative

Excellent Picture!

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:27 pm

KITTfan, excellent job!

Can i ask a favor? Can you please scan that picture so it comes out better, and post it on the board? That would make an excellent desktop image, as that's the best fan art i've ever seen!

-KnightRider2000

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:37 pm

LightForceKittFan: Again, those are pretty good hand drawn pics? You and your little sister are talented artists indeed. Keep it up. :)

FuzzieDice: Don't sand off your model's gas tank caps. They are on the star car itself. The only part on the model that needs sanding is the front bumper where the words KNIGHT 2000 are shown.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:00 pm

HondaSiR wrote:FuzzieDice: Don't sand off your model's gas tank caps. They are on the star car itself. The only part on the model that needs sanding is the front bumper where the words KNIGHT 2000 are shown.
Ok. Gas cap stays. :) Yeah I heard about the Knight 2000 insignia. I'm getting new, sealed-in-box AMT re-issues so I'll be spray painting them too. And I have to do something about making the side fender vents which the model supposedly doesn't have. The back tail light blackouts aren't there or are wrong, so I got some styrene at the hobby shop today along with some black spray paint, and super-pointy paint brushes, model putty. I'm ready. Now to wait for the models to arrive. :)

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:04 am

All of these are excellent drawings! With my friends permission, I might scan a piece that she had drawn for me for my 18th birthday. It's an anime version of Michael and Bonnie together. It's pretty awesome.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:17 am

FuzzieDice wrote:
HondaSiR wrote:FuzzieDice: Don't sand off your model's gas tank caps. They are on the star car itself. The only part on the model that needs sanding is the front bumper where the words KNIGHT 2000 are shown.
Ok. Gas cap stays. :) Yeah I heard about the Knight 2000 insignia. I'm getting new, sealed-in-box AMT re-issues so I'll be spray painting them too. And I have to do something about making the side fender vents which the model supposedly doesn't have. The back tail light blackouts aren't there or are wrong, so I got some styrene at the hobby shop today along with some black spray paint, and super-pointy paint brushes, model putty. I'm ready. Now to wait for the models to arrive. :)
Heres a tip: DONT MESS UP THE PAINT JOB! When I did my re-issue model, I completely screwed up the paint. All sorts of bubbles appeared and it was hell to sand off. I almost lost the hood to bad paint and rough sanding. I got to get a new model kit. Mine fell so many times and it broke. If Anyone needs a certain part I will part it out for free. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:48 am

TurbomanKnight wrote:[ If Anyone needs a certain part I will part it out for free. 8)
Only if you could blow it up to 1:1 scale for me :lol:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:47 pm

Army_F_Body wrote:
TurbomanKnight wrote:[ If Anyone needs a certain part I will part it out for free. 8)
Only if you could blow it up to 1:1 scale for me :lol:
If only.... :D If only.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:49 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:Heres a tip: DONT MESS UP THE PAINT JOB! When I did my re-issue model, I completely screwed up the paint.
I have a couple spray cans of Testor's gloss black. :) KARR will be slightly harder as I'm going to do the bottom of it in Model Master's German Silver something or other (too lazy to get the paint bottle and read it :) ) I think it'll go well though.

BTW, the models arrived today! :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:50 pm

Army_F_Body wrote:Only if you could blow it up to 1:1 scale for me :lol:
Man, if I could only blow my models up to 1:1 scale! :lol: But maybe it's a good thing I can't. Dryden would get insanely jealous. :)

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Kitt's soft side

Post by LightForceKittFan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:41 am

Here's something you could call fan art, but art in a different form:

A soft KITT toy!

It is totally made by me, hand sewn! I had a little fight with the side windows, they went to wrong places all the time. :) This KITT has some cardboard inside supporting the form, and it's filled with soft textile pieces and stuff like that. KITT is about 20 cm long and 7 cm wide.

Here's another picture.

I also had a picture from the back of the car, but the picture came out fuzzy and the "KNIGHT" plate (made of glossy paper) didn't show up at all, so I didn't bother putting it here. In these pictures KITT's looking a bit messy, but I've been grooming him and he looks much better now, his fur is silk-smooth...;)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:37 pm

Very interesting stuffed toy there LightForceKittFan! It's the first time I've seen KITT in a form that you can actually hug and take to bed! And he looks cute too. :)
Last edited by HondaSiR on Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:29 pm

i prefer photoshop...

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:53 pm

Has anyone drawn a convertible Kitt or did photoshop with convertible Kitt? I would love to see one..!! :lol:

knight girl

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Re: Kitt's soft side

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:36 pm

LightForceKittFan wrote:Here's something you could call fan art, but art in a different form:

A soft KITT toy!

It is totally made by me, hand sewn! I had a little fight with the side windows, they went to wrong places all the time. :) This KITT has some cardboard inside supporting the form, and it's filled with soft textile pieces and stuff like that. KITT is about 20 cm long and 7 cm wide.

Here's another picture.

I also had a picture from the back of the car, but the picture came out fuzzy and the "KNIGHT" plate (made of glossy paper) didn't show up at all, so I didn't bother putting it here. In these pictures KITT's looking a bit messy, but I've been grooming him and he looks much better now, his fur is silk-smooth...;)
OMG!!! A cuddly K.I.T.T!!! :D That is so cute LightForce. I would love to take him to bed with me. Sadly enough at 20 I still sleep with a stuffed Tocan. :lol:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Kitt's soft side

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:46 pm

LightForceKittFan wrote:Here's something you could call fan art, but art in a different form:

A soft KITT toy!
Nice job on that! I'd love to have a squeezable, huggable KITT. :) I was thinking of making a stuffed KITT car at one time. But I'll stick to models for now. :)

Hey, wouldn't it be fun to have a fuzzy, soft KARR plushie to bounce off the walls with? :twisted: