1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:34 pm

Has anyone here recieved any word from the guy on ebay with the buy it now?I asked him right after how long will it take him to send out the kitt.He said it will take 7-10 days.I mailed my payment by money order.Never could trust anything else.

MischievousJoe
Recruit

Post by MischievousJoe » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:38 pm

Hey guys, DiecastDirect.com has KITT and other Joyride vehicles for $26.99. I ordered KITT and Christine last SUNDAY, and they arrived by 10:30am yesterday morning. I highly recommend them to you guys. Of course, I'm a newb, so my opinions/suggestions will go unheard as usual. ;)

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:50 pm

ATT AZNBLITZ - 1:18 SCALE KITT SURFACES IN TORONTO, CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep! Just put mine on hold & I'll be picking it up soon at http://www.northstar-hobbies.com !!!

2200 Dundas Street East
Mississauga, Ontario
L4X 2V3 Canada
Tel: (905) 566-4758
Fax: (905) 566-5428
(Dundas & Dixie in Mississauga)

I JUST PUT MINE ON HOLD AND GONNA TRY TO GRAB IT TONIGHT BEFORE 9:00PM!!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!! According to the sales guy, it's freshly out of the box & barely saw the light of day!!! I'll be sure to let you all know if there are any differences between this version & the one sold overseas (I doubt it).
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:59 pm

i need them to surface here in little 'ol dayton ohio USA

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:05 pm

themarvelous3 wrote:i need them to surface here in little 'ol dayton ohio USA
You're a Daytonian, too, eh? It's a small world after all!

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:45 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Has anyone here recieved any word from the guy on ebay with the buy it now?I asked him right after how long will it take him to send out the kitt.He said it will take 7-10 days.I mailed my payment by money order.Never could trust anything else.
i emailed the guy asking what the hold up was and he replied by stating that a large part of his shippment was damaged in transit so he had to order more and that mine would be going out today. it is still showing that nothing has shipped. this is bs!!! the guy listed as having them in stock when in reality he didn't and probably still doesn't.he probably got confirmation that he was going to receive his stock and put up the auction without actually having them in his posession.yes,i am impatitent but don't tell me you have them in stock when you don't and don't tell me it is will be sent out when it is not.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:19 pm

I don't think we have to tell you,pewter 02ws6, exactly how much some of us are counting on you to tell us if this guy is legit or not.I still have a bad feeling about this guy even with his rating.If he lied about the cars in stock then I wonder if he is legit at all.

Kinda funny that his shipment was damaged in the mail.Kitt body being chosen as a trans am kinda hinged on the train reck ruining the trans ams being shipped.I heard theres some rule if the car is damaged in certain ways it can't be sold.

Also if his shipment was damaged on delivery kinda gets you thinking for 10 bucks exactly how is he shipping it to us?

pewter 02ws6,when did you use buy it now and do the transaction with paypal?Can you please inform us when you receive your kitt?

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:57 pm

greenpoison wrote:To all Aoshima KITT & KARR diecast owner's!!!
Today i had a good idea how to take the white GoodYear lettering away! At first i have take a simple rubber and tried to rub this letters away... and it works! :)
But it wasn't easy... it took about 30 minutes for 2 tires :?
Then i had a much better idea... i have looked inside the wheels and there was no lettering on there! So i have tried to turn the tires around,
it was a little bit tricky but this was the best result! :D :D :D
I would post some pics, but i don't know how :roll:
Yo Green!

You can send you pics to me and i'll host them for you.. send me a PM and i'll give you my email..

AP

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:35 pm

Daytonians!

Fear not, you'll find your models. You just need to look in the Wright places....

Ouch...what a horrible pun. :oops:

Fellow Ohioan,

Fantine

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:42 pm

This Japanese site has just been updated to feature the Aoshima 1:18 KITT.. http://www.lcv.ne.jp/~aiaki/aoshima/18kitt.html

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:36 am

I got it... well... 2 of them :) (1 for my bro) and I must admit that the car is actually quite impressive. The amber lenses aren't as noticible as they seem to be in the photos.

Got it & love it!!! Nice job overall, Ertl :)
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:45 am

Dave Knight wrote:the guy who is selling the kitts for 24.99 on ebay has tons of em with the buy it now price mentioned above he charges 10 buck shipping and they will arrive a week after payment is recived. i sent payment via paypay on the 6th and i will be recieving my KITT on the 13th.

24.99 KITTs on Ebay :wink:
Is this guy's sellers id - diescastmart? Because I ordered mine on the 6th too.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

aznblitz
Volunteer

Post by aznblitz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:59 am

Hey PHB

thanks for the heads up on the model arriving in toronto...however..i decided to go with an ebay seller to ship it too my relitives in the states seeing how i was going to be visiting them soon ill just pick it up once it arrives..which it is on its way....i got a good deal on two diecast so i decided to go with ebay...

just asking how much did you get the knight rider model for from northstar hobbies? and by the time you left were there anymore??

thanks

PBH wrote:I got it... well... 2 of them :) (1 for my bro) and I must admit that the car is actually quite impressive. The amber lenses aren't as noticible as they seem to be in the photos.

Got it & love it!!! Nice job overall, Ertl :)

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:09 am

Fantine wrote:Daytonians!

Fear not, you'll find your models. You just need to look in the Wright places....

Ouch...what a horrible pun. :oops:

Fellow Ohioan,

Fantine
Ouch! You should be pun-ished for that pun. :lol:

I'm just waiting until the Ertl KITT arrives at a Dayton retailer. Why spend extra cash on eBay for something that will most likely be easy to find at a Meijer, Kmart, Toys R Us, or Target in just a few short weeks?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:29 am

Knight Industries 3000 wrote:Why spend extra cash on eBay for something that will most likely be easy to find at a Meijer, Kmart, Toys R Us, or Target in just a few short weeks?
I don't blame the people who buy online or in ebay...as of now, the model is very hard to find in toy stores. If you read about other members here who have it in their hands (while you're still waiting for it to arrive at a store)...it will really get on your nerves and temp you get it at all costs. Christmas is just around the corner and having KITT by your side will really make your holidays special. Receiving KITT in January or later won't have the same special effect since everybody already has his own model and has already bragged about it.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:04 am

Diecastmart is where i purchased mine and the SOB still hasn't shipped it according to UPS.
here is the copy of the email he sent two days after my purchase.
From: "eBay Member : diecastmart" <aw-confirm@ebay.com> Add to Address Book
To: *****@yahoo.com
Subject: Your item has been shipped.

I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it
shortly.

*****FOR US BUYERS*****
An email with UPS or USPS tracking number of your package has also been
sent to your email account.
For packages which shipped by UPS, buyer can also use the following
link to track the package by typing in the ebay item number as the
reference number.

here is the email i received yesterday;

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:28:36 -0800 (PST)
From: "Variety Seller" <varietyseller@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: Question about shipping for item #6938707879 - ERTL 1:18 KNIGHT RIDER KITT DAVID HASSELHOFF RARE
To: *****@yahoo.com

Hi, the package wwill be actually send today, sorry for the delay. I ordered a lot of it but also found out many of them were damaged by the freight company, therefore I re-order it again

Thanks for your patience
Bernan

here is what UPS has to say:

Note: UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.
Tracking results provided by UPS: Dec 11, 2004 1:53 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

looks like i have been lied to three times by this guy already. it also looks like this preson is going to be the first person ever to get negative feedback from me.
i understand problems arrive but don't tell me it was shipped when it wasn't on two seperate occasions and don't claim to have something you don't!!! if it was listed as a pre-order,i would have never bought it as i already had one pre-ordered elsewhere.the reason i purchased one from this guy is because he said that he had it in stock and it would ship 24 hours after payment so i hoped to get mine sooner because the other reatiler still had no idea when he was getting them in.
i hope anyone else doesn't run into problems with this guy!!!

aznblitz
Volunteer

Hey

Post by aznblitz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:12 am

Hey pewter 02ws6

sorry to hear about your negative experiences with this ebay seller i recently purchased from another seller on ebay and he was really helpful and actually sent out my item today and also gave me a tracking number....if you guys want a good seller check out dcsmfan on ebay ....

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:14 am

TurbomanKnight,
if it isn't showing that UPS has the package "in transit",then email the guy and ask him what the hold-up is. i'd love to know what story he will give you. i'm dying to know if he will give you a different story than he gave me.
i know i sound like a whining bitch but i just hate being lied to...

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:21 am

The ass never replied to my email that I sent on the 8th. The UPS tracking isn't working. He said he shipped it the same day. But I found that ironic because it was 9pm eastern time when i ordered it. And in California where the guy is located it should of been like 5pm pacific. And most shipping companies close at 5pm. He sent me at email about 2 hours later saying that he shipped it out. Now I just finished sending the second email. Now I'm hoping this ass of a seller is going to reply. STUPID STUPID A*shole! :evil:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:44 am

Speak of the idiot. Right after I posted that message i recieved an email with a tracking number. And amazingly IT DOESNT WORK :evil: Ah man I want to strangle this fool!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:16 am

looks like he will be receiving negative feedback from you as well???
i say we bury the sum bitch :twisted:

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:23 am

on another note,i received an email from the seller that i purchased one from back in august and a tracking #. it is in transit and i will receive it monday. at least this guy didn't blow smoke up my ass by telling me i would have it by a certain date and not live up to his word.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:25 am

I'm with you guys all the way.He didn't reply to my email in a long time.He said he wanted to know what my last email was about.To top it off when I asked him after I used buy it now how long will it take to ship it when he recieves my payment,he answered "7-10 days".

How did this guy get such a high positive feedback operating this way?

greenpoison
Volunteer

Post by greenpoison » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:23 am

Skav wrote:greenpoison, how did you manage to turn the tyres around?

i take it the wheels are joined to the main body by a thin plastic piece...would be pretty easy to tear the wheel off.

so i'm amazed you managed it. :D

Just put of the tyre from the rim and turn it around, its a little bit tricky but possible!

greenpoison
Volunteer

Post by greenpoison » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:20 pm

imranbecks wrote:This Japanese site has just been updated to feature the Aoshima 1:18 KITT.. http://www.lcv.ne.jp/~aiaki/aoshima/18kitt.html
Hi becks,

there are nice pic's on this website! :D
But my japanese is not far so well like my english :shock: :lol: