What the h*** is this?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What the h*** is this?

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:18 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/

On this link you can notice that Joseph Merhi is going to be the new director of the Knight Rider movie! Who is Joseph Merhi and why is not Glen A. Larson the director?
Also, can somebody please give me an update on the new movie? Just state the recent decisions for me, please!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm

They have changed info on the movie twice this year :roll: The last time I saw it it had k.a.r.r back,Yasmime bleeth (Baywatch),and M.Knight has a daughter not a son :shock: And they changed the release date from 2005 to 2006 go figure :roll:
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:21 pm

Sadly, the only real information about the movie is that David Hasselhoff and Glen Larson want to do it.

No studio is currently attached to it. (Revolution Studios was involved 2 years ago, but Hasselhoff pulled the plug when Revolution said they didn't want the car to talk.)

No cast is signed up.

There is no script. (although there are certainly story idea floating around; the last we've heard is that Hasselhoff would play Michael Knight and would train his son to be a new driver for KITT.)

Aeneasnu
Recruit

Post by Aeneasnu » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:17 pm

I had heard of someone that spoke the director and the director said that the cast by Imdb.com is still there. They have almost a full cast that has signed, the script is ready and David Hasselhoff and Glen A. Larson are Executive Producers. They begin filming the movie in the summer of 2006, June or July.

Only they don't know of this will be a theatrical release, because the studio has cutted down the money.:?
It will be probertly a 2 hours TV movie.

But one good big thing, the movie is coming!:D

I'm sorry for my bad English, my English is not very well yet.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:55 pm

I'm not sure I want to believe imdb.com for false
"Knight Rider" news at all.
I wish D. Hasselhoff to have a great concert tour in 2006, and wish him the best with the "Knight Rider" movie instead.... :dance: :shock: :? :roll: :wink:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:33 am

One thing is for sure though, we want the car to talk and Hasselhoff as Michael Knight. Unfortunately some producers might not realize how important it is to have Hasselhoff as Knight and a talking car.
Universal shoud be the company to make the movie, because they have previous experience from the TV show back in the 80's.
I certainly do not wish to have Knight's son behind the weel! That's absurd! I mean this is not why we want another movie, atleast I don't! I want a movie similar to the ones in the 80's, with of course some major changes, but the basis should build on the one's from the 80's as said before.
And please don't use a Dodge Viper or a Ferrari or a Corvette!!!
USE THE TRANS AM AS DONE PREVIOUSLY!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:01 am

Aeneasnu, not that I doubt your information, I'm just gonna wait till I hear it from David or Glen Larson. IMDB has had that entry up for nearly 10 years, and nothing has ever come of it. When some place like Variety covers it, then I'll believe it. We've been burned by too many places like IMDB and people claiming to be working on the project, in the past.

Aeneasnu
Recruit

Post by Aeneasnu » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:27 pm

I agree, we most wait until David Hasselhoff and/of Glen A. Larson comes up with news!