Looking for KITT owner's manual

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

89 formula
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Looking for KITT owner's manual

Post by 89 formula » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:26 am

Hi, as you can tell I'm fairly new to this site. As a kid in the early 80's, I was a huge Knight Rider fan....then there was this whole college/post college "party thing" in the 90's that somehow got carried over into the early 00's. Now that I'm married, with kids (visions of Al Bundy???), this lost knight is again finding time for my old heroes. I was glad to find this site and to read the opinions of KR fans from all over the world.

Since my interest in Knight Rider was renewed, I've started collecting KR memorebilia. One of the items I've been looking for is KITT's owner's manual. Does anyone remember this book? Back in the 80's, when they showed the trailers for "Goliath", Hoff would come on holding a KITT manual, and say that if you write to some address at NBC they'd send you one. I didn't get a chance to write down the address and consequently never got the manual. I don't know how many are out there but it would be a cool collector's item. I don't see any on e-bay, but if anyone knows where I can get one, or what it's actually called, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:04 pm

You're looking for the "KITT Kit". You can see copies of it
here:

http://www.teamknightrider.com/classic/ ... t/kk1.html

There's a .pdf file that you can print out actual size. It's not as high-quality as having an original, but it should give you a pretty good idea what it was like.

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:24 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the link! I was hoping it was a little more in-depth (like the manula that Michael was thumbing through after KITT crashed into Goliath in that season opener), but hey, it's a freebee.

knightriderno2
Recruit

Post by knightriderno2 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:11 pm

Wow, that's really cool.

Love it! :D
Go to this site for FREE game soundtracks: http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=527

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:15 pm

I still have my original. I remember being a little disappointed when I receive it, too, but still cool.

Chris

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:56 pm

89 formula wrote:Thanks, I appreciate the link! I was hoping it was a little more in-depth (like the manula that Michael was thumbing through after KITT crashed into Goliath in that season opener), but hey, it's a freebee.
Well, even on the show, the details of this "in-depth" manual didn't exist. It was actually a Pontiac Firebird owner's manual that simply had the Knight 2000's name on the cover. :wink:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:36 am

Lost Knight wrote:
Well, even on the show, the details of this "in-depth" manual didn't exist. It was actually a Pontiac Firebird owner's manual that simply had the Knight 2000's name on the cover. :wink:
Man, now I'm starting to think that the car they used to film the series didn't actually have artificial inteligence, unlimited speed, and an inpenetrable shell.... :?

Yeah, I figured that the show prop must have been pretty crude. Now I'll have to re-watch that scene when I get home tonight.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:00 pm

89 formula wrote:Man, now I'm starting to think that the car they used to film the series didn't actually have artificial inteligence, unlimited speed, and an inpenetrable shell.... :?
The point I'm trying to make is that the "K.I.T.T. Kit" doesn't have a lot of information because there wasn't enough fictitious information from the show. At least nothing more than a page of systems. Just like we never got to see exactly what K.I.T.T.'s engine looked like.

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:22 am

Lost Knight wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is that the "K.I.T.T. Kit" doesn't have a lot of information because there wasn't enough fictitious information from the show. At least nothing more than a page of systems. Just like we never got to see exactly what K.I.T.T.'s engine looked like.

That's just it Lost Knight, I (and presumably other KR fans) was expecting MORE fictitious information from the KITT kit. Given the imagination of the show's creators I was hoping that they would go all out on it. True, we never saw KITT's engine, but the KITT kit would have been a great opportunity for them to make one up.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:41 pm

89 formula wrote:That's just it Lost Knight, I (and presumably other KR fans) was expecting MORE fictitious information from the KITT kit. Given the imagination of the show's creators I was hoping that they would go all out on it. True, we never saw KITT's engine, but the KITT kit would have been a great opportunity for them to make one up.
I agree that the fact that it was free had a lot to do with the lack of information. I guess the basic idea was that younger kids would enjoy it no matter how in depth the information was on it.