Illco's Knight 2000 Driving Centre...anyone got one?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RobWolf
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Illco's Knight 2000 Driving Centre...anyone got one?

Post by RobWolf » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:02 am

A while ago, I got this really cool KR toy off eBay. It's the Knight 2000 Driving Centre, manufactured by Illco. It's basically like one of those sterring wheel/dashboard gizmos you give to kids to keep them happy in the car/pram. except it's a KITT one. Flashing TV monitors, gear shift, engine sound, KNIGHT licence plate, the works. Anyway, the one I got was listed as non working, I got it for about $5 plus postage to the UK, I figured I could restore it to working order. It had a lot of problems, including leaked battery fluid inside. I sort of managed to get the lights working again, but the whole thing was shot, AND the sterring wheel snapped when I tried to prise it open.

I've been keeping an eye out for another, 'cause it's a great toy and would have looked cool on my shelf....I figure they're pretty rare (more sought after than the talking KITT perhaps?) but I wondered if anyone had a good condition one that they are willing to sell at a reasonable price? Please email me if you do :D

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Re: Illco's Knight 2000 Driving Centre...anyone got one?

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:40 pm

RobWolf wrote:A while ago, I got this really cool KR toy off eBay. It's the Knight 2000 Driving Centre, manufactured by Illco. It's basically like one of those sterring wheel/dashboard gizmos you give to kids to keep them happy in the car/pram. except it's a KITT one. Flashing TV monitors, gear shift, engine sound, KNIGHT licence plate, the works. Anyway, the one I got was listed as non working, I got it for about $5 plus postage to the UK, I figured I could restore it to working order. It had a lot of problems, including leaked battery fluid inside. I sort of managed to get the lights working again, but the whole thing was shot, AND the sterring wheel snapped when I tried to prise it open.

I've been keeping an eye out for another, 'cause it's a great toy and would have looked cool on my shelf....I figure they're pretty rare (more sought after than the talking KITT perhaps?) but I wondered if anyone had a good condition one that they are willing to sell at a reasonable price? Please email me if you do :D
hey what's up. I have one. The wheel is still intact and I have the back lic plate. The lights don't work(no corossion in the battery capartment) so I assume there either burned out or being a kid I may have done something to it, but all in all still looks good and I could take some pictures of it and post it online somewere. Let me know if your interested.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:43 pm

I don't have the gear shift, but you can just put the one you bought on it if you are interested still
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:19 am

The gear shift was one of the things that was broken on mine, and I've since scrapped mine. The only part of mine I saved is the little microphone.
Mike....does yours still have the ignition key? I know one of the main problems on the toy is a small, easily broken plastic tab around the inside contact on the ignition key.

Mike...I would like to see some pics of the toy; you can email them to r_cassidy@blueyonder.co.uk. Also let me know what kind of price you had in mind.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:33 pm

RobWolf wrote:The gear shift was one of the things that was broken on mine, and I've since scrapped mine. The only part of mine I saved is the little microphone.
Mike....does yours still have the ignition key? I know one of the main problems on the toy is a small, easily broken plastic tab around the inside contact on the ignition key.

Mike...I would like to see some pics of the toy; you can email them to r_cassidy@blueyonder.co.uk. Also let me know what kind of price you had in mind.
sure I can, give me a few days to take the pictures, get them on a disk and upload it to a yahoo for you to see them. You tell me how much is a good price and I'll let you know. Not going to charge you 100 bucks or anything, but I need enough money for postage. I go to find everything first. You scrapped the whole thing? or parts of it?

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:07 pm

I use to have one of those!!!!

Saw one unopened on eBay a few years a go go for $300. Unbelievable!

krfan1