"Killer K.I.T.T." Question

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Killer K.I.T.T." Question

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:00 pm

In "Killer K.I.T.T.," there's a scene just after the car chase Michael has with the thugs where he returns back to the semi. He grabs some kind of pick and adjusts something under the car with it. Just what the hell was he doing? And didn't he always leave those things to Bonnie?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:50 pm

Since KITT had already been infected with the other circuit, I guess it played on Michael's mind (flashback to Lost Knight) and he was maybe trying to search for something that was installed on him from the underneath but just didn't tell bonnie or devon anything.

Although it's a wonder they didn't question him either.

I could be way off base.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:36 am

No, Michael didn't do any adjusting. As I can recall, he was connecting Kitt to a video booster or something like that because Kitt said that he can't play back the recorded video about the villains (of course, this was a lie).

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:28 pm

In that episode, he had to remove Berio's programming and replace that CPU with a revised CPU that set things right again(while KITT was still in motion, with guidance from Bonnie), I think.
I'm not sure he did anything before that, though....

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:26 am

HungarianKnight wrote:No, Michael didn't do any adjusting. As I can recall, he was connecting Kitt to a video booster or something like that because Kitt said that he can't play back the recorded video about the villains (of course, this was a lie).
I think you're right. That makes a lot of sense. If anything, for the fact that Michael probably wouldn't know how to adjust anything on K.I.T.T. And since he was being uncooperative, Michael would have to manually connect him just like he had to call collect later on.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Well for one maybe it was a simple video connection like a av connsction from your common video game systems.another reason why he might have known was maybe he was taught by Bonnie just like he mysteriously knew how to rewire kitt in the kr2000 movie.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:35 am

Your forgetting Michael did work on Kitt four times throughout the series. In Goliaith He converted him to a ram jet by using the Emergency Schematic blueprint. In Ring of Fire He made a slight adjustment to Kitt's fuel Injection to help him flush out impurities to make the car run better. In Goliath Returns He tightened Kitts main circuit distribution valve. And the big repair in Junkyard Dog He worked side by side with Bonnie to make Kitt better after the fire incident on the test track after Kitt's acid bath. So over the years He learned a few things.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:24 am

I think it would be fair to think that, after driving KITT for so long, he would know at least something about KITT's design/circuitry/mechanics or something.

Though he probably didn't have a Hayes manual!

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:13 am

Can I just say thank you to Lost Knight for bringing this up, and HungarianKnight for suggesting an answer! :D I asked this question on the Foundation board, because I wondered what Michael was doing after watching that scene too, but it seems nobody is biting over there yet.

I suppose Michael would have had to send the image to the semi's computers himself, with Kitt not being entirely co-operative :twisted:

Sarah

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:36 pm

I think any car owner that truely is close to and loves their car would know at least a few basic mechanics to keep the car going. :) In fact, I learned quite a bit about auto mechanics after I got Dryden. The fact that his 4-Tech engine is easier to work on and the fact that he's a great car helps. :) When I first got a Chevy S-10 (named Slushbox) I new nothing about automotive stuff. But I learned eventually watching and helping my dad fix the truck so many times (it was a lemon, really). And then I learned a lot talking to people in car forums, and fixing a few things on Dryden. When you own a car and you want to learn, you'll learn. :)

So it's a good assumption that Michael would have known some basic repair skills during the time he has been with KITT. And while the KR 2K movie may have been a bit far-fetched with the technical skills of Michael (being that he was away from KITT for so long and in the boonies in a fishing boat a lot, away from technology mostly), it still could be a probability if he kept up with computer electronics on the side as a hobby "just in case" he'd ever get a chance to reunite with KITT somehow. :)