KR featured on The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt_rulz
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR featured on The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Post by kitt_rulz » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:29 am

I just happened to be flipping though the channels and came upon an episode of "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" and saw a Scythe (the sword/knife the grim reaper carries) that looked alot like KITT. On the Knife part it had a red scanner going back and forth. On top of that the voice coming from the object sounded remarkably like William Daniels!! :o :o
Well I did some research and came up with these two links:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0292800/guests

http://www.templelooters.com/evil/eps5.htm

I'm not sure wether the imdb is reliable but it does say that Daniels did provide the voice for Scythe 2.0 (also the episode name). I looked and could not find a sound file nor a pic, but I did find out it is on again on the 25th of November at 4:30pm (EST) on Cartoon Network. If anyone can grab a pic or get sound file so it doesn't sound like I'm going crazy it would help. Or could say that they saw it too.

I hope I'm not going crazy!!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:20 am

No, you're not going crazy. It has been posted before and confirmed, although I'd still like to see a clip from it :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:14 am

Clips are buried in this post in a "Click Here" link within the post with screen grabs from the show. ;)

http://knightrideronline.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7230

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:20 am

Thanks, FuzzieDice!
I read that thread before, somehow I missed the clip link!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:10 pm

It's easy to do as it's kinda buried in the text. :) I thought the idea of Scythe 2.0 and a red scanner light with William Daniels' voice was definitely a KR referenece. Nice to see Mr. Daniels even agreed to do that one. :) I hope it means that if/when the KR movie comes out, he'll be doing KITT again.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:37 pm

"I'm fully automated, I lack compassion". It's like how KARR would have been with KITT's voice. And the way that the scanner turns on is identical to KITTs.

Yeah, it wouldn't be the same without him.