To the authors of Knight Rider Legacy

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightfan1
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

To the authors of Knight Rider Legacy

Post by knightfan1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 am

I don't know if either of you have ties to universal studios but if you would kindly look at the post marked "season 4 on dvd" and try and get the gears rolling at the studio

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:05 pm

I don't think it's an issue of Universal not knowing what the fans want. OF COURSE they know that people want lots of bonus materials on DVDs. And we (collectively) have been talking with people at Universal about the DVDs since the first release. Unfortunately, it comes down to how much money and resources Universal is willing to spend on a 20-year-old television show.

If you want to put a positive spin on things, here's a way to look at it (and I'm only half making this up.) As a business, Universal needs to think about how to make the most amount of money from their franchises. Realistically, they don't need to put a lot of bonus material on DVDs (for any old show) now because people will purchase them simply for the episodes. But, suppose in 2 years the Knight Rider movie comes out. Now Universal can release a NEW "25th Anniversary Boxset Edition" to coincide with the movie. If people already have the original set, they might not want to buy them again. But if the new set has all the behind-the-scenes footage and new interviews etc., then you can get people to buy them again.

I have no idea if there will be future Knight Rider DVD releases. But from a business perspective, and to prolong the franchise, there is some logic in not giving away all the goods at once.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 pm

Jerks

:lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"