Message from David 1st Nov

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Britta
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Message from David 1st Nov

Post by Britta » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:22 pm

http://www.davidhasselhoff.com/davidnews.html

"November 1, 2005...message from David...Greetings to all my fans. I have received very sad news that my dear friend, Eugen Joeckel, who is the person mainly responsible for my success in Germany and Austria by making sure I was booked on all the right tv and radio shows, and who you've all probably met during my travels there, has regrettably succumbed to cancer. While the news is devastating, it has also inspired me to celebrate Eugen's wonderful spirit and to never take one breath for granted. I am sure that Eugen is making a lot of people laugh up in heaven, and I take serenity in knowing that when my time comes I am sure Eugen will probably be first in line to greet me as he was at every airport and venue throughout my amazing journeys through Europe. I will pass along information regarding a fund that is being set up to help Eugen's family, as I am sure many of you would like to help if you are able. Here's to Eugen! The car is in the garage....
With much love, David."
:(

GWADA.TYS
Rookie

Re: Message from David 1st Nov

Post by GWADA.TYS » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:28 am

Britta wrote:The car is in the garage...." :(
What does he means ?? :?

Michael Long
Volunteer

Post by Michael Long » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:44 am

I think he means, that the life of his dear friend has finally come to a sad end, nothing Knight Rider related.

But i think that is okay for now, since he seems to feel very bad.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:07 am

Sorry to hear of D. Hasselhoff losing a good friend of his who helped him with everything showbiz-wise there in Germany and Austria, so I hope he'll remember his good friend well for a long time to come and that his good friend from Germany will rest in peace, too.
Also, I hope D. Hasselhoff himself will feel better eventually, too, and have good memories of his friend, too. Just some thoughts from me.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Re: Message from David 1st Nov

Post by Wizster » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:32 pm

GWADA.TYS wrote: What does he means ?? :?
Well, I haven't heard this phrase before. I assume he's saying it's like when a car is retired at night into the garage?

Michael Long
Volunteer

Post by Michael Long » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:46 pm

I haven't heard that either, but i guess you 're right... this seems to be what it means. I think it is a real nice way to say goodbye.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:10 pm

So sad to hear. :(

As for the phrase, I might guess that it means that the life of the friend is ended. In my car club I own, there's often a phrase that someone has "parked" the car, meaning the car is too far gone for use and therefore about to be taken to the junkyard (final resting place for cars to "rust in peace" - another common phrase). Or, it can also mean that the friend has finally went to his final home, much like a car goes to the garage for storage.

Either way, it's very sad to hear. My sympathies to Eugen and his family as well as David and all affected by this person's passing.