Season 4 on DVD

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightfan1
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Season 4 on DVD

Post by knightfan1 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:22 pm

Sorry to disappoint all of you, but unfortunately this has nothing to do with a season 4 dvd release date. Instead, considering Universal really isn't packing any BIG extras on season 3, I'd be interested in knowing what extras you all would like to have on season 4. personally, I'd like to know how they designed and made SPM work, have cast and crew reflections, maybe one or two interactive 3D models, and maybe a couple of easter eggs (hidden features). maybe if one of you has ties to Universal, you can give them these suggestions.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:46 pm

I'd like to see how the stunts were performed and how different cars were used for different parts of filming. Hopefully, some film would exist for this. And when stunts go wrong leading in a blooper reel. Or perhaps showing how Knight Rider is shown around the world to this day.

No, forget all that, I'll tell you what I want! A random episode from series one :roll:

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:03 pm

I second to that!!! Watta GREAT idea... a random episode. Now wouldn't that be something!! 8)

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:41 pm

Bloopers, interviews, and the pilot from TKR. :)

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:41 pm

Well as much as people do not like it, if they had KR2K on the Season One set, then why not put on the abismal 2010?

I wanna see more indepth interviews, a collection of NBC commercials, also a retrospective as how KR became a cult hit and spawned websites like these and garnered a huge worldwide following.

-Scott

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:28 pm

Scott Kirkessner wrote:Well as much as people do not like it, if they had KR2K on the Season One set, then why not put on the abismal 2010?

I wanna see more indepth interviews, a collection of NBC commercials, also a retrospective as how KR became a cult hit and spawned websites like these and garnered a huge worldwide following.

-Scott
Exactly. Except I wouldn't mind never getting Knight Rider 2010. :wink:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:37 am

regarding my previous message, how about how they came up with the idea of convertible mode and how they made it work? anybody for that?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:17 am

I would love to see an Interview with David Hasselhoff And the remainingsurviving cast members.

What they are doing now,, that sort of thing.

But lets not hold our breath you know what Universal are like!

Spacerat
Volunteer

Post by Spacerat » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:43 am

I would also like to see interviews with David, Patricia, and Peter Parros. I liked the interviews on the Season 1 DVD Box, although I missed Patricia McPherson.
Bloopers would be cool too. Maybe a "behind the scenes" segment too.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:55 am

Fantine wrote:Bloopers, interviews, and the pilot from TKR. :)
Heck, I wouldn't mind having TKR on DVD.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:24 pm

knightfan1 wrote:regarding my previous message, how about how they came up with the idea of convertible mode and how they made it work? anybody for that?
How about plans for showing the intended mods of the KITT car from a general pontiac? I see the SPM mode will tie in with season 4 more so it'd be more fitting. Just why didnt they bother on season 2?

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:45 pm

I definitely agree with all of you and I'm just going to list a couple of the things that were already writen by others on this forum.

I would definetly like to see footage on how the SPM KITT was created, how it worked on the set, and how the members of the cast flash-back at it. Interview all the cast members that are still alive. Show some behind-the-scenes footage of how the stunts were created throughout all 4 seasons.

I hope we get these extras......4th season is the final season of Knight Rider it needs to be special when it gets released on DVD

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:45 pm

I definitely agree with all of you and I'm just going to list a couple of the things that were already writen by others on this forum.

I would definetly like to see footage on how the SPM KITT was created, how it worked on the set, and how the members of the cast flash-back at it. Interview all the cast members that are still alive. Show some behind-the-scenes footage of how the stunts were created throughout all 4 seasons.

I hope we get these extras......4th season is the final season of Knight Rider it needs to be special when it gets released on DVD

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:26 am

Spacerat wrote:I would also like to see interviews with David, Patricia, and Peter Parros. I liked the interviews on the Season 1 DVD Box, although I missed Patricia McPherson.
Bloopers would be cool too. Maybe a "behind the scenes" segment too.
I agree interviews with Bonnire or Archived interviews with Devon would be good too if there is ay to do with Knight Rider maybe talking about their fave ep maybe even an interview with William Daniels who played KITT

kitt1987
Recruit

Post by kitt1987 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:03 pm

I'd settle for the legendary scripts for the first few episodes of the 5th season before it was cancelled!

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:41 pm

would anybody mind there being a tribute to the late Edward Mulhare and to those who are no longer with us that worked on knight rider?

Spacerat
Volunteer

Post by Spacerat » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:04 pm

i think a tribute to Edward Mulhare would be wonderful idea.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:39 pm

Yeah, you can't argue with that. He played his part really well.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:28 pm

Definitely a tribute to Edward Mulhare! And also a tribute to Paul Frees, who did KARR's voice in KITT vs. KARR.

And an interview with William Daniels (video interview, not just voice) would be wonderful, talking about how he got the part and how he put personality into KITT with his talented voice work. :) Maybe even some anecdotes (sp?) about how people had recognized him from his voice after he started doing Knight Rider.

And if it's not too much and if it's even possible, a trailer of the upcoming Knight Rider movie, if one would even be available by then! :)

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:28 am

how's this: an interview with kitt himself! i don't mean william daniels, but just kitt the car. him commenting on how david and him got along, how gruelling the stunts were, what his favorite function is, etc, etc. how 'bout it folks?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:38 am

That would be quite cool too! :) And an interview with KARR! Heck, I did a fanfic based on an article that was about KITT as a star car and KARR too. :)

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:32 am

how about this: DELETED SCENES. now THAT'S something i would love to see.

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:25 am

or this: a commentary on knight of the juggernaught with the remaining cast members of KR

Col. Hannibal
Stranger

Post by Col. Hannibal » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:53 pm

They never really showed how the stunts were made on the other series dvd releases so it would be good to see how they were done rather than just past actors and producers talking about them. There must be footage of the stunts being made!