KITT's Engine Hood sometimes looks AJAR

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT's Engine Hood sometimes looks AJAR

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:59 pm

Is it my imagination or does KITT's engine hood look like it is slightly ajar, not closed down tight. On several close up shots of KITT, his scanner slot opening sometimes makes his hood look slightly cracked open, especially around the headlights where it is really evident.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:26 pm

Nope, you're not imagining that. KITT's hood would be open because they had a device that would shoot out sparks from under the hood (like when KITT was getting shot at- the sparks from the bullets bouncing off him).

Other times it was probably left open from filming another scene before the non-action scenes where KITT's hood is ajar.

krfan1

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:27 pm

There was a car with a reinforced front end so it could smash through (balsa wood) bricks without sustaining damage. By the use of this special nose it seems that Kitt's hood is ajar.

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:55 pm

when they did scenes where Kitt had to crash through walls and stuff like that they would put a protective shell so that's why Kitt sometimes looks a little bit "buff" and the hood appeared to be open.
Last edited by rulloa81 on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: KITT's Engine Hood sometimes looks AJAR

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:34 pm

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:Is it my imagination or does KITT's engine hood look like it is slightly ajar, not closed down tight. On several close up shots of KITT, his scanner slot opening sometimes makes his hood look slightly cracked open, especially around the headlights where it is really evident.
Along with the explanations already given in this thread, the nose itself was different in seasons 1-3. The nose was molded in such a way that it sort of "dipped" down toward the center, leaving a slight bit of space between the hood and the nose. This was corrected with the Season 4 nose, as well as the removal of the turn signal blackouts and indents, where the shape of the nose perfectly matched the lines of the original Trans Am.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:46 am

Its really cool having Knight Rider on DVD as can play the jumps on slow play back. On some of the jumps you see the body panels are flexible, they bend as KITT lands and then go back to their origanal shape.

firebird
Volunteer

Post by firebird » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:01 am

I am completely in agreement with LOST KNIGHT :wink: