What is that on KITT's hood in Knightmares?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt_rulz
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What is that on KITT's hood in Knightmares?

Post by kitt_rulz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:18 pm

I was just watching Knightmares and noticed something on KITT's hood when April and Devon were going into the police station looking for Micheal. It is also on there before KITT left the station. It appears to look like a suction cup painted black. I would provide a clip of the item, but I'm not sure of how to do it. I was once told by Fuzzie Dice (I think) and was given the program to do it I just don't remember.
If anyone knows what this is or can provide a pic of what I'm talking about before I can please let me know.

Thanks!!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:37 am

Suction cup? My best guess is that the production crew forgot to remove some camera paraphernalia from the hood. Its how they get to mount the camera for the shots involving Michael behind the wheel while driving. Why they didn't bother to remove such a thing before shooting a faraway shot boggles the mind.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:23 am

Lots of bloopers thoughout the series. Look for Turboman's Bloopers thread in the future. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:07 am

I think it was something strange looking, as in a darkened suction cup or something close to that, but maybe they camouflaged it or something...

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:54 am

It looks like the hood was bolted down so that it wouldn't accidentaly pop open while KITT was doing a turbo boost landing. They also bolt down the hood on most race cars so that the hood wouldn't open on them when they're driving at a high speed.

That scene when KITT leaves the police station to look for Michael is followed by the scene where KITT does that amazing Turbo Boost in the alley, which is probably the reason why they would want the hood bolted down, so that it wouldn't pop open from the impact of the landing.

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:49 am

Bingo..!
Those are good ol' hood locks... :D

When they shot a lot of scenes, they had to use stunt cars to double for the "hero" car and I bet this is a car rigged for highspeed...

Here is what they look like in the real world...

http://store.summitracing.com/default.a ... search.asp

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:57 am

yes! hood locks! I didn't know what they were called but I'm glad you understood what I was saying.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:03 am

Hood Pins actually, If i saw a picture before I would of given you an answer already. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:47 pm

Hmm... I don't remember giving you any programs for screen capturing. But I think I recommended a couple programs you could look into, like Nero ShowTime.

I have to look at that episode again sometime and see what you're saying. Right now, my stuff is packed away because I'm moving in a bit over 3 weeks.