Off-Topic: Ebay and Photos...UGH...

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Off-Topic: Ebay and Photos...UGH...

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:34 am

Well, this one takes the cake...I've been finding my material I've scanned or put together for my site pop up on products for ebay, but now someone has decided to take my new logo I made for my site and use it for a keychain:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-David-Hasselhof ... dZViewItem

I made that image specific for my site...As many times as I have stated on my site that it is non-profit, ebay sellers just seem to have a field day with my image galleries. Lately I have seen so many auctions usuing my pics for stuff that I just gave up trying to report them all. Anyone else have this happening with website content? I'm just tired of ebay sellers making profit from my site when I want my site to be non-profit. :(

If you search through ebay, you will even find people selling a few clocks with some of my scanned images on them...even wallpaper I made in photoshop. LOL :lol: I just wish it would stop. :roll:

Nat

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:55 am

I'm sorry, Natalie. I feel your pain. Perhaps you could take the images you make and include them with a signature or logo from your own website? This way, anyone who simply copies and pastes your photos will at least have to go through a little Photoshop trouble to get them off. Just a thought.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:39 am

I personally don't trust eBay all that much, so I hope that you'll find a good solution to your problem soon...
I like your site much better, anyhow... :shock: 8) :wink:

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:40 pm

Thanks Lost Knight and Lyn...I guess this is just all part of being a webmaster. Ironically I did have my site URL logo on that image and I even sliced the image into pieces but they still took it and "cropped" off the davidhasselhoffonline.com. LOL I always include my URL on all my wallpapers I make too and they always just crop that off everytime. I really didn't want to have to lock up everything because then the site wouldn't be fun for the fans, so I'm not going to do that. I never did add any logos to my pics when I first started the site and now that the photo galleries are so large now it just seems like too much to go back and add a logo to them all now that I see people just cropping it off anyway. :roll:

I'm even finding a lot of my images being used in these new "Hoff Photoshopped Image Galleries" and I never do get any emails from the webmasters asking me if they can borrow any of the pics, nor do I even get a link back to my site. I've had other sites come and take without asking in the past which wasn't fun either. Having to explain my feelings about this to others is never fun and just ends up going no where. I guess I just wish my site would stop being the target that always seems to have the images ripped off of it without any regard for my hard work I put into my site. :( Whether it's ebay sellers or websites, I 'm just really tired of it happening. :(

But one thing is for sure, I'll always keep my site going for David and his fans around the world no matter what happens. I guess I just felt that I needed to voice my feelings here because I was really down last night when I first saw that keychain auction and just had to get my frustrations out. :lol: Everyone's support really means a lot to me. :D I just gotta stay positive and keep doing my best. :) :wink:
Nat

KITT-Simulator
Volunteer

Post by KITT-Simulator » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:12 am

Hey there...

First, I also have that problem with my KITT-Simulator...

And all i can say is, when they steal something, contact the webmaster of that site (OR contact E-bay staff) and tell them someone steals your work!

Second,
IT's not THAT hard to get that picture...
Here:

Without the use of Photoshop... :)
KITT-Simulator AKA Hakkersszz
-One man can make a difference!-

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:44 pm

KITT-Simulator wrote:Hey there...

First, I also have that problem with my KITT-Simulator...

And all i can say is, when they steal something, contact the webmaster of that site (OR contact E-bay staff) and tell them someone steals your work!

Second,
IT's not THAT hard to get that picture...
Here:

Without the use of Photoshop... :)
hey if you wanted to get rid of the dot tk ad bar at the top go into your dot tk site and click on "my marketing" and remove the bars and there you go. I didn't know if you wanted that there cause I took my off cause i hated it.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:32 pm

Thanks for the photo demo KITT-Simulator...Yeah I guess it's pretty easy getting that image off my front page... :lol:
Oh well, I'll just keep an eye out for any more ebay auctions so I can report them...as for contacting webmasters of other sites who take stuff, let's just say that it doesn't always get results. :roll: From now on I will defintely be keeping a closer eye on ebay auctions. :wink:
Nat

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:51 am

i've had people copy my auction pictures and whole auctions. I've had some of my pictures water-marked now as suffered like you have.

Hunta the Red
Rookie

Post by Hunta the Red » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:56 am

HAHAHAHAHA

Dudes are making money off of your own sh*t
Will one day own a KITT Turnkey so I can Holla at GIRLS from my KITT car!