Question regarding TKR

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Daemonicus666
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question regarding TKR

Post by Daemonicus666 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:45 pm

I have been told that in the final episode of TKR Michael and Kitt make an appearance. I was wondering if that is true? Team Knight Rider was only shown briefly here in Australia before it was cancelled. I think they showed 4 or 5 episodes before pulling the plug on it, so I didnt get to see all the episodes.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:08 pm

I didn't watch the whole series just the odd one or two, but this has interested me too If i'd known, I may have watched more.

From what I gather there was a character called Shadow who helped out the members of Team Knight Rider. This Shadow turned out the be KITT, i believe. They also showed a tombstone saying Michael Knight (and 'One man made a difference', possibly?) though later on they met someone who claimed to be Michael Knight. This person's face wasn't shown and David Hasselhoff nor William Daniels made an appearance.

I would be interested in clarification too and I apologise for whichever 'facts' i got wrong.

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:30 am

Pretty much 100% correct.

In the last episode, the Kitt cpu (which was shaped like a coffee container with flashy lights and the word K.I.T.T. printed in large letters) was removed from the plane's conference room console by the evil ominous wheelchair bound Mobius. woo.. beware...

Kitt apparelty left coordinates on the main computer so that when the crew returned, they would investigate it. Once there, they see the gravestone set in the middle of no-where, coastal Cali. They question it till mystery guy comes up and says Michael Knight is dead in name, but not life. duh-duh-doooom.

End series, fire actors, strike the set, burn the scripts, the end.

The show suffered from being stuck in Universal's Action Block containing other specialities like Heracles and other '5 star' shows. That and some sad script writing. Oh yea, when it was first being shown in my area, it hit UPN(or was it the WB?) at about 1am. Wonderful timeslot guys.

Though it's too bad this showed before I had my own VCR. Either that or I reused the tapes to record orginal KR. Whichever, they are lost forever. Not on the 'net and locked away tight in Universals' "WTH were we thinking?" safe.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm

While the storylines, plots, (some of the) acting and writing was horrid, the series did have some nice special effects.

Kinda... isn't it funny how every car struck in the show exploded. Ooo, Domino just hit a car on the fender and the sucker blows. Right.

But Mike Pajaro posted an awesome clip a long time ago showing Dante being nearly totaled by an explosion. It was a real car launched into the air and set aflame.

Also, when KRO (big mistake story) took out Attack Beast, that was a real Ford F150 wrecked as well.

I appreciated the realistic special effects as opposed to cheap CGI (the last season of Viper) and awful models (certain KR episodes).

Oh and another thing that bothered me... they brought the words "Knight Rider" into their canon. Knight Rider is the title of the franchise, not the team.

One more thing, the criminals these people went up against that were so baaaaaad that we needed 5? Yeah, Michael Knight could have taken em. Alone.

-Scott