New fiction! New fiction!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New fiction! New fiction!

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:34 am

At long last... a new fan fiction story from moi.

Presenting...

Reborn is the pilot for a brand new Knight Rider series.

It is not a rewrite, it is not a sequel, prequel or continuation. Instead, it is a restart of the Knight Rider franchise.

In fact, kudos has to go out to neps of this board who once challenged us to put our money where our mouths are and write what we'd like to see in a new Knight Rider movie and/or series.

Here is my contribution for all of you to read.

Please provide feedback (good or bad).

Happy reading!

Oh and for those fans of the NBC show "Las Vegas" you'll enjoy a crossover with the team in the opening pages.

-Scott Kirkessner

Knight Rider : Reborn
Last edited by Scott Kirkessner on Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:57 am

Wow! That's intense writing!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:23 am

I browsed through some of it, though I have to really give it a good read. Sounds interesting! However, I'm not sure I can get into the idea of KITT being that model of car. Too jellybean-ish for my tastes and I'm sure by now folks know I hate jellybean cars. :)

But I won't go on as I don't want to spoil it for others...

I will try and find time to read it, hopefully after I get caught up with some things. I must say you have taken on quite a project. Will you be doing the other episodes of the original series the same way or will you be making up your own episodes? I know you mention it's not a re-write but it'd be interesting how you handle eps like Trust Doesn't Rust, KITT vs. KARR, Soul Survivor, Killer KITT, etc. if you decide to do them that way. Or even, if KARR exists and how that is handled.

This could get interesting! :)

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:17 am

FuzzieDice wrote:I'm not sure I can get into the idea of KITT being that model of car. Too jellybean-ish for my tastes and I'm sure by now folks know I hate jellybean cars. :)
Oh goodness, do you know what I went through when I had to choose a car?

I remember a post here where someone said that choosing a Trans Am for the new Knight Rider wouldn't be practical as the last model is 3 years old.

I agree.

So I was looking around at certain cars to see what might fit for a modern KR.

Here is the list of cars I was considering.

The new Mustang
Ford GT-40
*I knew if I picked a Ford, I would be drug into the street and shot, so... they were axed first.

The Hummer H3
*Yep, an SUV

The new Dodge Charger
*It wasn't until I saw the new Dukes movie that I realized they used a 69 Charger. Needless to say if I picked that car, I am sure that I would need to find other people to start my car in the mornings.

Finally, it came down to a big choice between the 2006 Corvette Coupe and the car that I ended up choosing for KITT. It was such a tough decision, that scenes describing KITT were left with holes as I wrote and was still deciding the car.

I looked at both cars in person, in black, in their glory, and I just loved the sharp lines of "the car". The Vette is cool too, but also seems like the next logical choice to pick for a new KITT if someone stay's in the General Motors family now that the F-Body was retired.

*I wont spoil it either, and will let everyone else read.*

I don't think it was too much of a disappointing decision in the end.

-Scott

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:03 pm

Personally I like the car. I saw a few in person too and thought they looked sleek, futuristic, and just plain mean. It did at first take me a little getting used to KITT not being referred to as a Pontiac though. ;) I'd be interested in seeing what someone could do in Photoshop with the new car.

Also I'm not completely through the story yet, but from what I read so far, I like it.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:23 pm

I must say i'm not really one for fanfic, but i've just started reading this one and it seems very interesting so far. Well done! :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:24 am

We all have our preferences. :) And it being fanfic, you can do as you like. Heck, KITT doesn't even have to be a car, if you wanted. ;)

I think 99.9% of the problem (I admit it) is that in pictures, cars rarely look as good as they do in real life.

But cars these days are all starting to look like one another, with no real distinguishable features in body style from one to the next, even in makes and models.

I'm just glad you didn't pick a SUV. :lol:

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:38 am

Just read another section of it and I must say I feel like I understand the pilot a bit more. :)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:04 pm

This one is going to take me a while. I started it Scott. So far so good, but I have a feeling I'll be reading this for weeks. :wink:

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:14 pm

Right, finished it! :D

I must say i found it very gripping, so well done on such an interesting story. :D I think it's a good account of an alternative pilot of Knight Rider. Lines from the real pilot added the authenticity of the series, and it was good that you added a different strand running through the story. I'm trying not to give too much away so I'll just say I'd be worried that the secret of Michael Long's new identity wouldn't be kept and also that of KITT being the supercar that he is(well, alright, the processor of). In the real pilot, this is taken care of.

Tbh, I prefer KITT being a Pontiac (just my personal preference) but the updates are good. One thing I found that may be a mistake is the line:

“Mr. Miles, I’m afraid Mr. Knight is in condition to be making these kind of decisions,” KITT said.

Shouldn't that be 'NOT in A condition'.?

Overall, a very gripping story that I was eager to read. Definately worth viewing!
8)

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:28 pm

Hey Wizster, thanks for the great feedback! I am really glad you enjoyed the story.

Thanks for pointing out the error. I'll go and fix that.

Since I don't want to give a lot away either, in regards to your worry, I gave thought to that too, and if you take notice, you can see where a story arc is brewing... We'll see what happens next :)

-Scott

Wizster wrote:Right, finished it! :D

I must say i found it very gripping, so well done on such an interesting story. :D I think it's a good account of an alternative pilot of Knight Rider. Lines from the real pilot added the authenticity of the series, and it was good that you added a different strand running through the story. I'm trying not to give too much away so I'll just say I'd be worried that the secret of Michael Long's new identity wouldn't be kept and also that of KITT being the supercar that he is(well, alright, the processor of). In the real pilot, this is taken care of.

Tbh, I prefer KITT being a Pontiac (just my personal preference) but the updates are good. One thing I found that may be a mistake is the line:

“Mr. Miles, I’m afraid Mr. Knight is in condition to be making these kind of decisions,” KITT said.

Shouldn't that be 'NOT in A condition'.?

Overall, a very gripping story that I was eager to read. Definately worth viewing!
8)

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Scott Kirkessner wrote:Hey Wizster, thanks for the great feedback! I am really glad you enjoyed the story.

Thanks for pointing out the error. I'll go and fix that.

Since I don't want to give a lot away either, in regards to your worry, I gave thought to that too, and if you take notice, you can see where a story arc is brewing... We'll see what happens next :)

-Scott
No problem. You obviously went to a lot of effort so it's only fair that I comment on it, especially as I enjoyed it.
Ah, the ol' "wait and see" trick. Well i'm sure i'll be waiting.

And to everyone else: don't let the size put you off, give it a chance. I've never been a great fan of fanfic but I'm glad I read this one. Perhaps now i'll read more.
[/plug] :D

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:05 am

FuzzieDice, what are you talking about, lol? It is an interesting choice for the new KITT, and I dunno if I like it or not, but its anything but jellybeanish. In fact, like most of that company's line, its downright boxy.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:36 pm

Wiz, I am glad I somewhat changed your mind about fan fiction.

Cloud, I agree with you, the new car is a lil sharp for a jellybean. That would hurt going down!

Thx for all the feedback (and partial feedback) from everyone!

-Scott

http://www.kr2k.com/knight_rider

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:34 pm

In light of the Edwards Awards (click here for adult fiction) which encourage the reading of Fan Fiction, I'm afraid I have to give this a shameful bump :)

-Scott[/url]