K.A.R.R (why did'nt they just fix him?)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Wizster
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Wizster » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:54 pm

HungarianKnight wrote: It was Killer KITT, Season 4, Episode #13, original airing date: 10. 01. 1986.
Thanks, I haven't seen that epsiode in quite a while and only remember certain bits from it. So presumably, KITT was fooled? How?
And Michael had to play dead to stop KITT from killing him? How would KITT's processors not detect that?

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:17 pm

You notice that in the Pilot Micheal Long drives a stock TransAm, and they had to build KITT quickly is why they used his TransAm because thought KARR was destroyed.
I thought from the books that it wasn't the same car?

Well, as for Killer KITT, I think they made it appear that KITT was now more menacing, but reckless, and didn't bother to scan Michael in his new state (Michael says "Thank goodness KITT didn't scan my vitals!", or to that effect). I find it hard to believe that the removal of those modules, whatever they were, allowed this to happen, as it was implied that the preservation for human life was redundant programming throughout, and not something you could just turn off. Which is why KITT ultimately comes to his senses in Chariot Of Gold.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:09 pm

finalfadeout wrote:
You notice that in the Pilot Micheal Long drives a stock TransAm, and they had to build KITT quickly is why they used his TransAm because thought KARR was destroyed.
I thought from the books that it wasn't the same car?
Devon Miles even says in the episode pilot that any similarities between the Knight Two Thousand and Mr. Long's car were merely coincidence. (Of course...budgeting intertwined, I suspect. Loads cheaper to add an explanation line.) But, they did not use the Trans-Am (in plot) to build the KI-2000 with.
Well, as for Killer KITT, I think they made it appear that KITT was now more menacing, but reckless, and didn't bother to scan Michael in his new state (Michael says "Thank goodness KITT didn't scan my vitals!", or to that effect). I find it hard to believe that the removal of those modules, whatever they were, allowed this to happen, as it was implied that the preservation for human life was redundant programming throughout, and not something you could just turn off. Which is why KITT ultimately comes to his senses in Chariot Of Gold.
Let us take into evidence that Bonnie never thought of introducing a direct piece of equipment that was, in blunt reality, a hacking device. One that constantly gave access to an outside influence and was trying to rewrite how everything worked aboard the Knight Two Thousand.

As for Chariot of Gold, Bonnie merely solved the basic situations of getting KITT to cooperate with Mr. Gram's wishes. Some RAM was removed. A dial was turned. A few other minor things happened. The CPU wasn't majorly sacrificed or rewritten. In a respect, Bonnie did a field patch to the software. And, the conflicting command of killing the one that was given priority to save broke the field patch. (Not even a brand new idea, back then. Forbidden Planet and, to a far lesser extent, Star Trek already used the idea. Most likely, the notion exists many more times then those.)

Back to Killer KITT. This directly attached device was practically working over the whole entity that was the K-2000 until KITT's thoughts were "It's" thoughts. Obviously, this thing must have only reworked on a software level, as the act of removing it instantly snapped KITT back to his old self. Still, it was a total system virus running on-board. Which was something rather new in those days. These days, I think TKR got the notion right via a software uploaded virus...a nightmare we all live with and can understand about.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:03 am

finalfadeout wrote:Well, as for Killer KITT, I think they made it appear that KITT was now more menacing, but reckless, and didn't bother to scan Michael in his new state (Michael says "Thank goodness KITT didn't scan my vitals!", or to that effect). I find it hard to believe that the removal of those modules, whatever they were, allowed this to happen, as it was implied that the preservation for human life was redundant programming throughout, and not something you could just turn off. Which is why KITT ultimately comes to his senses in Chariot Of Gold.
Michael said (in reference to Marco Berio), "Thank God he didn't have K.I.T.T. scan my vital signs." The new CPU that was installed in KITT systematically broke down each sub set in his program, hence re-creating his personality. KITT only did what Berio ordered him to.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:50 am

I've often thought that Adrienne Margeuax Should have ended up with KARR.