"Knight Rider" movie news

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lyn
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Knight Rider" movie news

Post by Lyn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:02 pm

Hi, I wonder if you guys had checked the "Insider" website, but there's something about David Hasselhoff still working on the "Knight Rider" movie, and that his kids would like for Orlando Bloom to star as DH's character's son in that movie, but he'll wait and see on that one.
The website is:theinsideronline.com.
I just thought I'd share that with everyone here on this board.....

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:54 pm

I looked all over the site and never found anything about David Hasselhoff anywhere. :?

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:14 pm

That info came out about the time of the Sponge Bob movie I believe.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:06 pm

Uh, have you looked under the heading of 'Leo: Made in Japan'? on that site? Perhaps that will help.....

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:11 am

One thing I forgot to add is that it's a rotating kind of thing, so when the "Leo: Made in Japan" header comes up, click on that, and you'll get the info you need.
I hope that also helps.....

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:40 am

Here's what they say... the article is dated Sept. 27, 2005. the story about his daughters wanting him to use Orlando Bloom is old news to us, but what IS new (to me at least) is that Hasselhoff is now saying that Bloom wants to do it. Thanks Lyn!

One of New York's hottest restaurants has landed in Las Vegas. The red-carpet opening on Saturday night of Tao in the Venetian Hotel attracted a posse of New Yorkers and Hollywood-ers..... DAVID HASSELHOFF insisted he only came because his wife, PAMELA BACH, wanted to. Hasselhoff is still working on the big screen adaptation of his name-making television series, "Knight Rider." Look for Michael Knight to have a son in the movie. "My kids tell me ORLANDO BLOOM should play my son," Hasselhoff told me. "And then I read that there are two movies Bloom really wants to act in -- 'The A-Team' and 'Knight Rider.' So we'll see."

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:03 am

I don't think orlando bloom will fit in the role.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:18 pm

"Leo: Made in Japan"? I wouldn't have even guessed that would include anything about Hasselhoff or Knight Rider. :lol: I guess that explains why I missed it.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:39 pm

You're welcome, Mr. Pajaro...
My main goal was to somewhat inform everyone that the "Knight Rider" movie wasn't dead in the water after all, and I was surprised that the columnist would ever want to talk about DH at all in his weekly column, what with all the(boring)celebs that are usually discussed there..... :? :shock: :roll: :roll: :?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:58 pm

I'm actually OK with Orlando Bloom in the movie...maybe. We have to remember that he would be a new character, NOT Michael Knight. If they just want to make a Michael Knight clone then I agree, Orlando might not be a good choice. But then it wouldn't be an interesting character either. Assuming that they stick with the Michael's son idea, they could be estranged from eachother, or maybe the son is in trouble with the law a lot or whatever, and Michael sets him straight. I could definitely see Orlando Bloom as that kind of character, the reluctant hero.
Last edited by Michael Pajaro on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:45 pm

I'm OK with it too. He has a kind of anti-hero dark look to him.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:13 am

I wouldn't mind Orlando Bloom as Michael's son either. I mean, he looks like he even could be KITT's new driver, if they did the character right.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:47 pm

I have one big problem with all of this... I don't want to hang an Orlando Bloom poster in my office.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:05 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I have one big problem with all of this... I don't want to hang an Orlando Bloom poster in my office.
LOL! That's funny! :lol: Actually Orlando Bloom might be a pretty good choice to play Michael's son. He's one the most popular younger actors in Hollywood today and that could be some good publicity to the movie. True you would probably get a ton of 12 year old girls seeing the movie just for him, but you never know. They could become the next generation of KR fans! :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:51 pm

:lol: Michael. :) I hope they have a few where KITT is the main content of the poster. Because that'll be the main reason I see the movie for - KITT (and hopefully KARR too, maybe). But as for other cast, I am all for Orlando Bloom for MK's son.

Don't they make several different Movie Posters when a movie comes out, giving people a choice? I would think a movie based on a car or two, they'd have at least one poster of just the car(s). Hopefully.

tarzan
Stranger

Post by tarzan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:08 am

what's goin on everyone? long time knight rider fan, first time poster. extremely anxious/excited for the commming movie. i was just thinking about who would be a good candidate for michael knight's son and came up with... tom welling(star of thewb's smallville). i think he's got the look with the hair, height, and build. what do you think? http://thewb.warnerbros.com/web/show.jsp?id=SM

°Hike°
Stranger

Afteer all...

Post by °Hike° » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:10 pm

After all, will have or won't have movie??!! :? :?
°Hike°like°ride°Knight-Rider°

chadwick626
Recruit

Post by chadwick626 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:39 pm

what about jude law? thad be sweet.

knytrydr
Volunteer

Post by knytrydr » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:27 pm

Ryan Reynolds should play Michael Knight's son. He has already established himself as a comedic actor, and he was great in Blade 3. Comedy and Action. PERFECT!!!! :D
The greatest thing about the computer is its availability to the masses.
The worst thing about the computer is that any idiot can get one.

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:01 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I have one big problem with all of this... I don't want to hang an Orlando Bloom poster in my office.
And why not? Can't appreciate a pretty boy face when you see one? ;)

thenormal
Volunteer

Post by thenormal » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:04 pm

i remember i've read somewhere that Nicholas Leann from the x-files was audictioned for a role

gillmacca
Volunteer

Post by gillmacca » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:11 pm

Orlanda Bloom looks more like a young Garth to me, rather than Michael Knight

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:55 pm

I believe Bloom should be a stranger from the outside to act as the new MK but DH will remain MK but just somewhat older. I rather not have Devon being replaced, they should just say he passed and never bring up that KR 2000 BS!. KITT should be brought back from being in storage CORRECTLY, unlike KR 2000. Also something will go wrong with KITT and they give him a new style. I would really like to have "the old and the new KITT", like DH said himself. As for KARR definetly the nemesis. KARR might even team up with Garthe, they could say he survived I guess somehow, that would be awesome. The 2 evils together, in a way Garthe's own KITT, lol. They should have some fun with KITT in todays generation, like KITT racing a Honda or Acura ricerocket for info on a case or sumthin. Thats my idea!
gillmacca wrote:Orlanda Bloom looks more like a young Garth to me, rather than Michael Knight
By the way Gillmacca that should have something to do in the movie, like Bloom turning his back on MK for Garthe, not bad eh?

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:31 pm

New news!!!!!

Credited cast:
Christie Woods .... Dana Knight
Michael Biehn .... Arthur Forrest
Nicholas Lea .... John Spedley
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
David Hasselhoff
Ara Paiaya .... Buddy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:44 pm

If a Knight Rider movie is made and if it receives high ratings as I am sure it will, I hope it will influence Pontiac to bring back the Firebird Trans Am, preferably as a KR Edition. It was very stupid for Pontiac to discontinue the Firebird Trans Am, for they really outshine other competetors.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)