Stephanie, the woman Michale Long/Knight was engaged w/

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TheKnightFox
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Stephanie, the woman Michale Long/Knight was engaged w/

Post by TheKnightFox » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:16 pm

I'd recently been watching the Episode White Bird on DVD.

I'd never knew until i saw that episode that if Michael Long hadn't died he was supposed to marry that blonde stephanie! I was to say the least very amazed when Michael told Bonnie and how he acted when he said goodbye to the girl! I thoguht it was actually pretty darned sad and somewhat dramatic, especially since you Michael had to make a decision about whether he should tell her the truth and perhaps marry her. gosh, that would have been devastating to me, to make a choice like that!

i wonder if its possible that they could ever get back together, if michael really wanted to prove to her that he was Michael Long and he had proof. She knew something was up with him anyways, so he'd probably have a good chance if he still decided to marry her later in his life, right?

half of why i wonder about this is because i want to possibly include it in my newest KR fanfiction. i just started it this week. i wanted to see what you people thought before i continued. it would help to have other knight rider fans' opinions on the subject, since its a very huge one when it comes to Michael Knight!
Last edited by TheKnightFox on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:22 pm

Well, you sure have some observations! Wow!
Anyhow, I think it was a nice love story, albeit painful, the way it was played out on "Knight Rider".
I've toyed with the concept when I wrote some "Knight Rider" stories myself, but I'm not sure I really want to publish them at all now; they're just my own personal stories.....
I think you should go ahead with your own fanfiction about Michael and Stevie(Stephanie), and I hope to see what you come up with.

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:26 pm

kks.

really i think its possible i could get them back together. ill post the link here when ive gotten farther along.

plus, in my fic KITT gets stolen and a few international affairs happen, which makes the fic more interesting. the prologue and the first chapter are kinda boring so i'm not posting that writ away till i have more of it typed up and figured out.

i also wrote a fic about restoring KARR but the end was pretty sappy because i created another character, a daughted adopted under michaels name who took on the challenge to be KARR's new driver.

but yes, no doubt it looks like having Michael get back together with Stephanie, since they were supposed to before he 'died'. would make another interesting twist in the story. hopefully my fic will be better than the last of course....
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:32 pm

I say go for it. I think they belong together and I believe they can feel it between each other. I know I would believe Michael.

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:35 pm

indeed. and even if you just watch that episode ONCE you can just see it how he acts around other women. he treats stephanie so differently compared to the many others that he meets! so differently i was a bit surprised when i saw the episode for the first time.

needless to say, i think i'd believe Michael too.

so yea, i can officially say i'm definitely going to add that into my fic. i really do think they belong together.

i mean, we know michael likes bonnie but after seeing him with stephanie they belong together a lot more than Michael ever would with bonnie, at least thats thats what i've concluded from my obvservations.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:47 am

I agree with that statement above...that opinion is in the minority around here, it seems, from past experience. :lol:

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:08 am

That figures. You see Stevie and Michael by the fire, just talking (?) but you can't picture Michael and Bonnie doing the same...

"So Bonnie..." awkward silence "How's the recalibration of the Emergency Braking System going?"

Mind you, it would be rich ground for some nifty double entrendres.

Poor Devon, he never got the girl, they either died or poisoned him. Glen A Larson doesn't seem to think much of middle aged women...

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:56 am

Don't forget stealing the car. Suck a gentlemen. I'd like him! :D

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:59 pm

lol. i think Michael and Bonnie getting together would be kinda awkward.

thats why i always think Stephanie and Michael should get back together.

I started watching a bit of the movie Knight Rider 2000 a while back. what i saw so far, its pretty crazy O_O (heh, on a different subject)....

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm

Don't mention that evil, Devon-killing film in my presence!

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:07 pm

*glances at icon*

Well, I'm a bit partial to Michael and Bonnie. I think they just had one of those relationships that they would have had to grow into -- the rocky starting kind. But I do also think that Stevie and Michael were very good together. So I look forward to your story KnightFox. It would be very interesting to read a scene where he actually tells her.

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:26 pm

definitely. and I understand your opinion. i have that sorta problem in deciding too, but after seeing that episode, it just seems to me that Stephanie is more right for Michael than Bonnie is...but...they do know each other just as well as Stephanie and Michael do. Its complicated, but i still think i'm following through with the idea of having Michael meet up with Stephanie in my fic again. And i'll be sure to post it here on KnightRider Online.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:37 am

I wonder how your story wil capture his acting :-P

Now don't attack me, I think Hasselhoff is a perfect Michael Knight and I can't picture anyone else doing it...but I just was never a huge fan of the Stevie episodes....

Scent of Roses is good, White Bird is...tolerable, but I just can't take Let it Be Me, lol
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:38 am

Scent of Roses and Let it Me...are those in season two? because i haven't seen those yet.

just curious does Stevie ever appear in season two or does she not ever appear again after seeing her once in White Bird?

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:03 am

She returns for the last time in the season 4 episode, Scent of Roses.

It seems no one remembers what happens to her??
I don't want to spoil it for those that never saw the episode, so I won't say anything more.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:50 pm

kitt-x wrote:She returns for the last time in the season 4 episode, Scent of Roses.

I don't want to spoil it for those that never saw the episode, so I won't say anything more.
That's alright, I will. Michael and Stevie just finish getting married, they guy who tried to kill Michael earlier in the show, breaks in, and gives Michael and Stevie a winning loto ticket, and Knight Rider ended. :D
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:56 pm

the series of Knight Rider doesn't end though, i looked on the KnightRider Archives site and there were still five or six episodes after that...

but in Scent of Roses i read on the summary that they were about to marry but never finished completeing their vows.

and it also represented about Hasselholf actually getting married to the real a ctor herself, or had planned to it? that was a bit confusing:

"This is the third and last appearance of Catherine Hickland as Stevie. She previously appeared in the episodes WHITE BIRD and LET IT BE ME.

The wedding of Michael and Stevie was designed to be a recreation of David Hasselhoff and Catherine Hickland's real wedding. Devon gives the bride away while the ceremony is presided over by the Reverend Henry Cutrona. Publicity material for the episode states that Edward Mulhare and Reverend Cutrona performed the same duties at David Hasselhoff and Catherine Hickland's wedding ceremony two years before.

This is the only show outside of the PILOT EPISODE in which Michael almost kills someone in cold blood.

In an ironic twist of fate, Catherine Hickland went on to marry US soap star Michael E. Knight, and they've been happily married ever since."

looks like i have some re-thinking to do in my fic a bit; just a bit, now that this has to stay in mind. and does any one know; who's seen the episode, know why they 'didn't complete their vows' durring the episode?

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:15 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:
kitt-x wrote:She returns for the last time in the season 4 episode, Scent of Roses.

That's alright, I will. Michael and Stevie just finish getting married, they guy who tried to kill Michael earlier in the show, breaks in, and gives Michael and Stevie a winning loto ticket, and Knight Rider ended. :D
Yup that's it! You let the cat out of the bag! :lol:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:09 pm

TheKnightFox wrote:the series of Knight Rider doesn't end though, i looked on the KnightRider Archives site and there were still five or six episodes after that...

but in Scent of Roses i read on the summary that they were about to marry but never finished completeing their vows.

and it also represented about Hasselholf actually getting married to the real a ctor herself, or had planned to it? that was a bit confusing:

"This is the third and last appearance of Catherine Hickland as Stevie. She previously appeared in the episodes WHITE BIRD and LET IT BE ME.

The wedding of Michael and Stevie was designed to be a recreation of David Hasselhoff and Catherine Hickland's real wedding. Devon gives the bride away while the ceremony is presided over by the Reverend Henry Cutrona. Publicity material for the episode states that Edward Mulhare and Reverend Cutrona performed the same duties at David Hasselhoff and Catherine Hickland's wedding ceremony two years before.

This is the only show outside of the PILOT EPISODE in which Michael almost kills someone in cold blood.

In an ironic twist of fate, Catherine Hickland went on to marry US soap star Michael E. Knight, and they've been happily married ever since."

looks like i have some re-thinking to do in my fic a bit; just a bit, now that this has to stay in mind. and does any one know; who's seen the episode, know why they 'didn't complete their vows' durring the episode?
I was only messin about the show ending. David wanted it as the last epsiode due to Michael Knight was tired and had nothing to live for. They kissed as man and wife, then the guy comes in and shots at Michael and Stevie jumps in front of him and takes the bullet and tells him that she loves him. Then Michael goes and tries to kill him for about 25 mintues of the episode, almost kills him, Kitt tells him to stop. Then Michael decised to go back home to the foundation since Stevie died. The best way to end the show was this episode, not that gay "vodoo knight" one.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:56 pm

So much for security for Foundation employees...

Actually I was never a huge fan of Stevie's. Don't know why. Think it's just the hair. Or that I'm a girl, and Devon thirty years younger would have been more my choice...

Very emotional episode, and good morally, with KITT stopping him commit murder and everything. I wrote a scene like that once, not a fanfic, just a general one for another thing I was doing. I cried whilst writing it, then had to bring the dead character back to life via an implausable escape because I just couldn't do it!

I'm tough mostly, but I just can't do things like that. I've had too much disruption in real life to want to see it in fiction. I want everyone to be happy in the end in fiction, more so because it can't always happen in real life. Sad, isn't it?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:18 am

In my fanfic "Son Doesn't Rise" (Rated Mature audiences only), I kill off a couple characters that used to be a part of the KR Crew, but... do I? :twisted: I mean, if/when I get around to finishing it, I think people will see the way I took around that one little obsticle of killing off characters. :)

I've written stories where characters died before, but also where they come back somehow. I don't remember if I permanently killed off any characters though.

And like you said, you can always find a plausable or even impossible 'escape' to bring them back, even if in a future story.

That's the nice thing about fiction. Anything goes. ;)

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:42 am

yup. plus it will give me more to think about ^_^. ill be sure to tell yall when i have the first three chapters or so up and i will be sure to post it. i'm still debating whether or not i should include stevie in the fic, since Michael never marries her anyway. *sigh*...just thinking about that i feel sorry for Michael....*sniffles* bah, tis just a story lol, what am i thinking?

heres the link to my other fanfic, my first, that i made and finished sometime ago, though i could continue it, and people were expecting it, i just decided that was a good ending point since the story wasn't going anywhere else anyhow....http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/...

A warning about it it's a little sappy with what happens to the character but i think you guys will like it...and oh yes its also about KARR. therese not a whole lot of action its more drama but i hope it will keep you guys interested....and i dont know if youll think the ending is sappy or just erm...good.

but my newer fic is dedicated to KITT and Michael ^_^. if the link doesn't work just tell me.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:53 pm

So do any of you write anything where Devon gets the girl? Or do you all kill him off KR2000 style?

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:43 am

i know i dont. but i dont kill people off KR200 style....

what, devon gets killed in the movie? is that someone else? i dont know what you're talking about because ive only bothered to see a bit of the movie so far. i need to finish it though!