new infos about the movie

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

thenormal
Volunteer

new infos about the movie

Post by thenormal » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:05 am

i see there are noew infos about the movie on the imdb forums. you can't be sure if it's real or not, however the guy who posted it explains why movie has been pushed for that long and what's been happening with the production. it also gives us director's name and a possible release date.

again, nothing is confirmed, but news seems real. i believe him

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/boa ... d/18412548

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:20 am

Could you copy and paste the thread? To view the link I need to register. I dont want to register to another board. Please copy and paste it.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

thenormal
Volunteer

Post by thenormal » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:42 am

TurbomanKnight wrote:Could you copy and paste the thread? To view the link I need to register. I dont want to register to another board. Please copy and paste it.
ok. this is his last reply. he also wrote news about the movie 2 months ago

more confirmed news:

1) Director has been picked up. it's Joseph Merhi (considered one of the best tv action movies directors of the 90's)
2) Pre-production will begin on september 2005
3) Movie set for a november/december 2006 release. Producers have been asking for long pre-production time as they still want to sign a lot of guests for it
4) the knight 4000 will play a part on the movie. (probably the intro were it gets distructed? since the old trans am will be kitt)
5) karr confirmed as the only antagonist.
6) the script is called "Knight Rider Returns", but it may change in the future. i heard the title was choosed because they wanted to "challenge" upcoming new superman movie, another 80's icon, called "Superman Returns"

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:42 am

Here's that copy/paste you wished for:

1) Sammo Hung not directing it
2) Gerard Pires, Stephen Hopkins, Ronny Yu and Renny Harlin approached to direct it (Rob Bowman and Kevin Reynold already turned the offer down). Regarding the production, since both hasshelhoff and larson want a super high-tech road movie, a lot of big hollywood producers have been contacted (including the wachowski brothers (along with joel silver) and jerry bruckheimer). I higly doubt we'll see one of them though.
3) KITT is gonna be a '83 Black TransAM but with more gadgets
4) KARR is the only old character who will return
5) Script is ready but production is halted until a director is found.
6) Still no studio releasing the movie because of the mentioned directing problem.
7) Micheal Biehn and bruce Campbell been asked to be audictioned for supporting roles (still no word of who's gonna be new michael knight)
8) Elements of both Knight Rider 2000 and 2010 have been considered in the script.

Nice....I was a few seconds late and there had already been an update also. It's good to know that somebody is up to date and checking everything that's happening around the movie project. Great Work thenormal!!
Last edited by Reissuleipa on Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

thenormal
Volunteer

Post by thenormal » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:43 am

Reissuleipa wrote:Here's that copy/paste you wished for:

1) Sammo Hung not directing it
2) Gerard Pires, Stephen Hopkins, Ronny Yu and Renny Harlin approached to direct it (Rob Bowman and Kevin Reynold already turned the offer down). Regarding the production, since both hasshelhoff and larson want a super high-tech road movie, a lot of big hollywood producers have been contacted (including the wachowski brothers (along with joel silver) and jerry bruckheimer). I higly doubt we'll see one of them though.
3) KITT is gonna be a '83 Black TransAM but with more gadgets
4) KARR is the only old character who will return
5) Script is ready but production is halted until a director is found.
6) Still no studio releasing the movie because of the mentioned directing problem.
7) Micheal Biehn and bruce Campbell been asked to be audictioned for supporting roles (still no word of who's gonna be new michael knight)
8) Elements of both Knight Rider 2000 and 2010 have been considered in the script.
yeah those are the old news i was talking about

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:51 am

The thing about KARR being in the new movie sounds VERY exciting. I watched KITT vs. KARR last night and thought that it would be a perfect aspect to bring KARR back in the new movie, since (as we see in the end) KARR's cpu isn't destroyed in the duel. Interesting is the thing that neither Michael nor anybody else for that matter bothered to check the debris after KARR had exploded

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:29 am

what sounds kind of strange to me is that knight rider 2000 and knight rider 2010 will be considered in the script... although KITT will be a 83 black Trans Am. does not make any sense to me, since KITT was build into the Knight 4000 in knight rider 2000 and the movie knight rider 2010 had nothing to do with FLAG, Kitt or knight rider, except for the name.
so i doubt that these new, or at least all of these news are official and true.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:05 pm

As much as I would like to see Karr appear in a new movie,

I think it would be better to establish Knight Rider with a new genaration as well as its old fan base first.

And possably have Karr in a sequal!

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:00 pm

i think instead of car it should be GOLIATH as the episodes with goliath in were always exciting and action packed

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:33 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't like KARR?

Pity about Bruckheimer, that would have been interesting. He did National Treasure, didn't he? I really liked that, even though I am British.

Can't say I'm enamoured of modern pontiacs though, how about a sleek, suave, beautiful KITT that looks like this...

Aston Martin, God of cars. I can hear the throaty roar of the DB9 engine from here!

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:40 pm

I don’t trust IMDB, but that’s just me.
what sounds kind of strange to me is that knight rider 2000 and knight rider 2010 will be considered in the script... although KITT will be a 83 black Trans Am. does not make any sense to me, since KITT was build into the Knight 4000 in knight rider 2000 and the movie knight rider 2010 had nothing to do with FLAG, Kitt or knight rider, except for the name.
so i doubt that these new, or at least all of these news are official and true.
I think they meant using elements of K2000 and 2010, not the actual storylines themselves.:wink:

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:02 pm

The movie should tkae a page from Batman Begins in that (not using Zimmer) all previous efforts are forgotten: Team Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000 and Knight Rider 2010. But not the TV series.
Batman Begins made the wise decision for their prequel to not be a prequel of the previous crappy movies.

And if Stu Phillips or Don Peake don't compose the score, I will be very disappointed. :(

And for once, just once, if K.A.R.R. is the villain, could K.I.T.T. and Michael do themselves a favor by going to the wreckage, pulling out any computer components that contain any trace existance of K.A.R.R. - and DESTROY K.A.R.R. once and for all!!!
Really, you think they would have learned by now. :wink:
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:20 am

Couldn't we have stu and hans? (huge Hans Zimmer fan me)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:56 pm

If this is true, I'm ecstatic because I love KARR too! I hope though that he'll instead turn into a good guy. :)

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:39 pm

Awww, did no one like my Aston Martin? That photo was a green car before I tweaked it!

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:10 pm

-_- i must say KITT is always best as a transam.

but that seems to be very believable news to me, however, im patient enough to just find out what the movie is like when it comes out.

i really do hope they pick a decent actor for Michael Knight!

and that would be really cool if they brought KARR into the movie. definitely really cool :D. I agree with FuzzieDice. I hope they figure out how to fix KARR's system. i wrote a fanfic about that actually, that KARR is no longer KITT's evil twin. that'd be so cool if they dedicated a portion of the movie to KARR like that. i think KARR deserves it lol.
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:02 am

I have a fanfic series started (I know I have to get with it and finish the first story but haven't had time). It goes and takes over from after Season 4 but no KR2K involvement. The old people are mostly reassigned elsewhere but still around, while newer people come in. The first story tells of some new things for KITT and also how KARR and KITT become friends, but KARR's programming NOT fixed... He just... well... read the fic and find out. :) Click on the Knight Rider Databank link in my sig and go to the fanfic section, read "Son Doesn't Rise".

Additionally, I'm making progress on my Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am model (wait... it's linked to KR somehow... :) ) and I want to finish it before I start the KR Trans Ams. So hopefully soon! I'm going to do KITT and KARR at the same time as painting (esp. spray painting) will be easier in one step. I am doing the black and silver version of KARR. :) If I don't need the parts from the 3rd model, I think I might do the black 3rd season version of KARR as well.

The 3rd season KARR ROCKS so I hope they will have that personality in the movie if they do bring him back. The guy who now does the Ghost Host at Disney's Haunted Mansion (who took over for Paul Frees after he passed on), would be a good choice to voice KARR for the movie. I read that his voice is so close to Paul Frees' Ghost Host so maybe he could tweak it a bit somehow and do KARR like Paul did in season 3. I can only hope... :)

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:08 am

that would be an interesting voice to use.
Additionally, I'm making progress on my Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am model (wait... it's linked to KR somehow... Smile ) and I want to finish it before I start the KR Trans Ams. So hopefully soon! I'm going to do KITT and KARR at the same time as painting (esp. spray painting) will be easier in one step. I am doing the black and silver version of KARR. Smile If I don't need the parts from the 3rd model, I think I might do the black 3rd season version of KARR as well.
so those are actually live projects that you're doing? i hope to do a project on w/e car i get sometime in the future.

ill have to read your fanfic sometime.

and i really do hope they do a good job on not only KITT's personality but KARR's as well. if they blew it off that would not be cool.
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/