Fanfic Updates

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightshade
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fanfic Updates

Post by knightshade » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:30 pm

It's been a while since I've posted here about fic updates. So, I'll just lump them together. ;-) There've been a few stories added recently.

An angsty Michael/Bonnie fic called Sand Castles:
They had always flirted after a fashion, but something had definitely changed and it confused him. Maybe he had just been conditioned to ignore his attraction to her after all those early shoot-downs and death glares. But he wasn’t getting glares now.

(Read More)
A Series of Drabbles (short, short stories that are 100 words exactly) written for Tomy's Holding Hands challenge. So yes, they all have hand contact of some sort:
Michael hated corporate feel-good seminars. He’d rather be shot at or drive through a minefield than listen to some neo-hippie talk about the power of teamwork.

“I want you all to get in a circle,” their facilitator said. “Hold hands with the person next to you.”

Michael took Devon’s hand and gave him a look that clearly said, ‘This is ridiculous.’

“Now think positive thoughts,” the neo-hippie said.

Michael could only think one thing. He knew it was going to get him in trouble, but he couldn’t help it. “Kum-ba-ya,” he sang.

Devon’s hand immediately tightened into a painful vise.

(Read More.)
A (hopefully) humorous little short about the potential uses for Michael's old clothes:
“I can’t lie if he asks.”

“He’s not going to ask,” Michael said for what felt like the hundredth time.

“But Bonnie might.”

“Kitt, I already told you, I don’t expect you to lie. If one of them asks, I promise to accept full responsibility for my actions.”

“But why is this necessary? Is your date really that important?”

(Read More.)
And last but not least (I think anyway :wink: ), a small Stevie/Michael short:
Michael couldn’t be any happier, or any more nervous, as he listened to Stevie singing softly next to him. It was tradition for them to sneak away out into the desert on Christmas Eve and sing carols – just the two of them alone under the stars.

(Read more.)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:49 am

These are good! :) I never thought about doing 100-word exactly short stories. I should try it sometime as I do have a couple ideas but not big enough for a full story.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:50 am

I'm sure impressed by these fanfic stories, especially the first one! Wow! :wink: :shock: 8) :!: 8) :wink:

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:01 am

Thank you very much, guys.

Fuzzie, go for it. I don't usually write drabbles, but I had too many ideas for the challnge and I couldn't do them all, so I made them drabbles. If nothing else, it's a good writing exercise to try to get a point across in so few words (at least for me -- I'm full of hot air :lol: ). I always end up writing 150 words and then trying to figure out how to get rid of 50 of them. It can be a bit frustrating sometimes. ;-)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:30 pm

It reminds me of writing obfuscated programming code (if anyone here is into programming). You have to fit everything in just the right places. :)

I should get to it sometime. When I get time I certainly would want to give this a try. Hey, maybe have a fun 100-word challenge here for folks to try out! It'd be cool. :)

I also remember the fanfic quote challenge when I didn't think I was able to continue here when things got way busy for me. I still have that one started, in fact. I should finish it and put it on my site. It was the one about KARR ejecting Tony, remember? :) I had a good one going with that before things got too hectic for me.

Luckily I'm learning to balance my time between work, friendships, family and hobbies better so hopefully I'll be continuing my fanfic work.

Meanwhile, I enjoy reading them too. You have some cool ideas, Knightshade. :)