Weird Turbo Boost?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Keon2005
Rookie

Weird Turbo Boost?

Post by Keon2005 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:04 pm

Hi, I was watching "Knight of the Juggernaut" and there is a scene where Michael and the Foundation's board of directors watch clips of Kitt's car chases on the television. One of the scenes include a shot of KITT Turbo Boosting sideways through a railroad boxcar. It looked wild. Which episode was that particular Turbo Boost from? Anyone know?

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:31 pm

That was from 'A Knight in Shining Armour'.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:46 pm

Uh, how about when KITT turbo boosted out of a cave with a treasure/birthday present featured in the "Knight in Shining Armor" episode after a rockslide came down and there was no way out.....?
That qualifies as a weird turbo boost, doesn't it?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:27 am

There is one instance when I think KITT turbo-boosted rather strangely (or rather impossibly). It was when KITT was trapped inside a car-crusher/compactor. It was apparent that KITT was pinned down horizontally by the thick steel of the compactor. How KITT was able to achieve a diagonal trajectory (as shown on his TV screen) and then turbo-boost upwards is rather....far-fetched IMO. KITT's nose was only seen rising up in the screen and not shown in actual footage. Then we see him sailing upwards. :?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:55 am

I think the wierdest type of turbo boost (if you can call it that) was when Michael rigged a ram jet in the Goliath episode and he and KITT were weaving around like crazy as a result, going some 300+ mph! Now THAT looked wierd. KITT looked like something out of Mad Max or something.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:53 am

HondaSiR wrote: How KITT was able to achieve a diagonal trajectory (as shown on his TV screen) and then turbo-boost upwards is rather....far-fetched IMO. KITT's nose was only seen rising up in the screen and not shown in actual footage. Then we see him sailing upwards. :?
I always thought that that bit was showing Michael the trajectory KITT would have to take to escape, like the bit where you do all the theoretical calculations before carrying out the experiment. The higher KITT's nose was, the more boost needed upwards. Something like that anyhoo.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:40 pm

No what's wierd is the camera. How is it like in "Golith" for example that when Michael and Garths Mom are watching Golith Break into Red bluff you see Golith travling down the road, see Garth driving the truck, see the dudes get out of the truck, see the wheels travling, stuff like that all on there little tv screen?. It's not like there was some dude carring a camera taping ever angle. And when Devon calls Michael, the camera in devons office just moves when he does and Follows them in ever direction. And how did the board of directors get all those Turbo boost shots, not like some kid was hanging around waiting for Kitt to jump over him. I know it's for the show and to tell the story, but they got out of hand on some episodes. :roll:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:12 pm

:lol: Heehee. I noticed that when watching Goliath too. Sometimes they just don't think when making TV shows.